How many Lambs have you sacrificed today?

UllysesS.Archer

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2014
A question for the big 3 religions. Christian, Jewish, and Muslim.

How many lambs have you sacrificed? The Jews are ordered to sacrifice lambs, if they can afford it, if not then birds will do.

I have no idea how Muslims offer sacrifice.(other than killing themselves)

And we Christians, well, we have this.
John 1:29The next day he saw Jesus coming to him and said, "Behold, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!

Jesus got bloody for us, we don't have to kill birds, or lambs, for they are not perfect anyway, and will always have to be repeated. It's a shame the Jews missed their Messiah, I feel sorry for them, for that.

I love my brother and sister Jews who do the will of God. For instance, Jesus Christ and Saul of Tarsus.

"While he was still speaking to the people, behold, his mother and his brothers stood outside, asking to speak to him. But he replied to the man who told him, “Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?” And stretching out his hand toward his disciples, he said, “Here are my mother and my brothers! For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.”"

Matthew 12 (ESV)

Sacrifices were about giving up things of value either as charity or pennace. Because few of us are farmers of ranchers any more what we sacrifice now is money.

I actually had a great discussion with a Chabad rabbi about this, but just looking I didn't save it. I actually started the cookies and cupcakes as a form of mandated charity. Rather than sacrifice money as money, I give 'food.'

Sacrifices were about giving up things of value either as charity or pennace. Because few of us are farmers of ranchers any more what we sacrifice now is money.

I actually had a great discussion with a Chabad rabbi about this, but just looking I didn't save it. I actually started the cookies and cupcakes as a form of mandated charity. Rather than sacrifice money as money, I give 'food.'
Where does it say in the Torah,(am I calling that right, I don't want to insult your faith), that sacrifices are about giving up things of value, and money is ok to substitute for blood?

Sacrifices of livestock can't be done any longer because all of them were to be sacrificed at the Jerusalem Temple, now gone. So while these, and other Temple-dependent commandments are impossible to fulfill because of no temple, or thew Jew isn't in Israel, substitutions came to be accepted. As with money.

Sacrifices of livestock can't be done any longer because all of them were to be sacrificed at the Jerusalem Temple, now gone. So while these, and other Temple-dependent commandments are impossible to fulfill because of no temple, or thew Jew isn't in Israel, substitutions came to be accepted. As with money.
That makes sense.

However, going by what the Torah says, ya'll have not properly sacrificed(going by the Torah) in thousands of years, due to the destruction of the Temple. Isn't that right? And you will not be able to properly sacrifice(going by the Torah) until the Temple is rebuilt?

So, in other words, the Jewish leaders decided what God would accept as sacrifice, due to extenuating circumstances.

Don't you and others jump on Christians for basically doing the same things? Like when Christians let the leaders of their respective Churches make up rules that are hinted at or are common sense, but not mentioned in the Bible.(Not you so much in general, I'm getting used to your questioning attitude)

I love my brother and sister Jews who do the will of God. For instance, Jesus Christ and Saul of Tarsus.

"While he was still speaking to the people, behold, his mother and his brothers stood outside, asking to speak to him. But he replied to the man who told him, “Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?” And stretching out his hand toward his disciples, he said, “Here are my mother and my brothers! For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.”"

Matthew 12 (ESV)

I love my brother and sisters - the Jews doing the will of God - and - the Jews who are not doing the will of God yet and I do not love one more than the other because much of my Jewish brethren have not come in yet, Max. I love the Jews and I'm not splitting them into groups of A and B or this and that! I love the unbelievers, the lost, the agnostics, the atheists, the Muslims, Hindus, the who so ever out there alive on the earth today and pray for their salvation. I can't rest with that mindset, Max - I love my little family and won't love anybody but my own little family - that is not Jesus - we are supposed to love the lost - that is who Jesus is sending us out to Max! How can we win them if we don't love them? We must love the lost because God sent Jesus for the lost. ( which some of us once were and now are found - amazing grace! )

That makes sense.

However, going by what the Torah says, ya'll have not properly sacrificed(going by the Torah) in thousands of years, due to the destruction of the Temple. Isn't that right? And you will not be able to properly sacrifice(going by the Torah) until the Temple is rebuilt?

So, in other words, the Jewish leaders decided what God would accept as sacrifice, due to extenuating circumstances.

Don't you and others jump on Christians for basically doing the same things? Like when Christians let the leaders of their respective Churches make up rules that are hinted at or are common sense, but not mentioned in the Bible.(Not you so much in general, I'm getting used to your questioning attitude)
The Prophets, Writings and Hymns are fraught with God's saying that a Contrite Heart is preferable to sacrifices.
I know Christians aren't big on reading the Torah but most are fervent readers of the aforementioned.

Jews be going to Hell!
I didn't say it, the Gospels According to John say that.
So it MUST be true.

I am praying for you, Delta. My heart is moved with compassion for you. You are precious and I know the LORD loves you.

That makes sense.

Religious Jews don't concern themselves with what non-Jews do. As far as they're concerned, if you follow a simplified list of just 7 commandments (most do these without knowing it being common sense stuff like don't steal and murder) you're 'right with God.'

As to Jews made up what was okay with God, this is something I've taken exception to since it gives too much (read, ultimate) power and authority to the rabbis,

"To cleave to those who know Him (Deut. 10:20) (the Talmud states that cleaving to scholars is equivalent to cleaving to Him)"

Scholars being rabbis. So Jews cleaving to (obeying, deferring) to rabbis is the same as obeying God directly. Well isn't that convenient? But this is what establishes authority to replace things from the Scriptural version of reliigon to whatever rabbis may latter change. And why Talmudic Judaism isn't the branch I subscribe to. I prefer the more original form of Judaism which survives (barely) in the Karaite tradition or so-called 'Scriptural Judaism.' This tradition doesn't make use of the Talmud which is just rabbinical commentary on Scriptures. Consequently it remains truer to what's written, vs what got rewritten.

That makes sense.

Religious Jews don't concern themselves with what non-Jews do. As far as they're concerned, if you follow a simplified list of just 7 commandments (most do these without knowing it being common sense stuff like don't steal and murder) you're 'right with God.'

As to Jews made up what was okay with God, this is something I've taken exception to since it gives too much (read, ultimate) power and authority to the rabbis,

"To cleave to those who know Him (Deut. 10:20) (the Talmud states that cleaving to scholars is equivalent to cleaving to Him)"

Scholars being rabbis. So Jews cleaving to (obeying, deferring) to rabbis is the same as obeying God directly. Well isn't that convenient? But this is what establishes authority to replace things from the Scriptural version of reliigon to whatever rabbis may latter change. And why Talmudic Judaism isn't the branch I subscribe to. I prefer the more original form of Judaism which survives (barely) in the Karaite tradition or so-called 'Scriptural Judaism.' This tradition doesn't make use of the Talmud which is just rabbinical commentary on Scriptures. Consequently it remains truer to what's written, vs what got rewritten.

No one's stopping you from becoming a Rabbi.
If you can explain the details of a commandment from reading the Torah, you're doing pretty good.

Jews be going to Hell!
I didn't say it, the Gospels According to John say that.
So it MUST be true.
Show me, don't tell me. Show me the verse.

It's funny actually, I am trying to learn about Judaism, yet you already know everything about being a Christian, it must be nice to be perfect.

There's another good Jewish info site called askmoses.com can write custom questions and have them answered by live scholars, some rabbis, some expert laypersons.

My apologies, it isn't John, but it's been a very long time since I read TNT.

Revelation 21:8 "But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.

Jews are amongst the faithless.

John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

More compliments thrown at Jews.
We are loved.

That makes sense.

No one's stopping you from becoming a Rabbi.
If you can explain the details of a commandment from reading the Torah, you're doing pretty good.
I think he would make a great Rabbi, he has a hellova brain, and seems to comprehend things well.

As for both of you though, if you would put as much attention into learning your own religion as you do, putting down other religions, would we not all be better off.

I can understand not agreeing with a religion, there is much of Christianity, or what some Christians practice, that I don't agree with. I attend 2 separate Christian Churches, with 2 totally separate belief system. For I question almost everything, and I want to fully understand all I can. Cumberland Presbyterian, and Seventh Day Adventist, are about as light and dark distant as you can get in Christianity, and still follow the Bible.

If more Christians questioned their Pastors, preachers, Priests, and didn't just take 1 persons view on things, they would be much more informed.

I wonder, how much schooling is involved in becoming a Rabbi?

Forum List

Back