How many here been to the theaters recently to see the 40th anniversary of The Empire Strikes Back?

LA RAM FAN

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2008
Man this sure brings back such fond memories.Nothing like seeing it on the big screen again :thup: Empire and the original 77 stars wars film are in a tie for my favorite movie of all time.They really compliment each other so very well.Empire fits in so well with the storytelling of the original film..:thup: It’s not in my theater anymore but I’m sure hoping before the year is over they bring it back again.i saw it three times while in its rerelease this year..they took it out before and brought it back once this year so maybe they will do it again as well before the year is over.

Last edited:
Man this sure brings back such fond memories.Nothing like seeing it on the big screen again :thup: Empire and the original 77 stars wars film are in a tie for my favorite movie of all time.They really compliment each other so very well.Empire fits in so well with the storytelling of the original film..:thup: It’s not in my theater anymore but I’m sure hoping before the year is over they bring it back again.i saw it three times while in its rerelease.they took it out before and brought it back once this year so maybe they will do it again as well before the year is over.
Sorry have not been to a theater in many years. Like being able to pause or do whatever I want during the movie.
After the Hollywood crowd started to feel they knew politics and what I should Vote for I had even less of an incentive to go to one.

Man this sure brings back such fond memories.Nothing like seeing it on the big screen again :thup: Empire and the original 77 stars wars film are in a tie for my favorite movie of all time.They really compliment each other so very well.Empire fits in so well with the storytelling of the original film..:thup: It’s not in my theater anymore but I’m sure hoping before the year is over they bring it back again.i saw it three times while in its rerelease this year..they took it out before and brought it back once this year so maybe they will do it again as well before the year is over.

Haven't been in a dirty theater in years, may never go again, they are all covered with popcorn and sticky floors and dirty seats. I can sit in my house any time I want and watch all of the Star Wars movies in high definition with better sound than any theater for free on my big screen in my home theater.

The theaters in this state won't open because the dictatorial asshole of a govenor in this state has set so many stupid covid rules they can't make enough money to open the doors. Now I ask you WTF does having the concession stand open have to do with anything? Is popcorn a carrier?

The theaters in this state won't open because the dictatorial asshole of a govenor in this state has set so many stupid covid rules they can't make enough money to open the doors. Now I ask you WTF does having the concession stand open have to do with anything? Is popcorn a carrier?
I take it you are one of the unfortunates living under communist dictator Newsome?

I had plans to go then local regal shut down.
Just wondering DarthVader which of the original trilogy is your favorite

Empire!
I kinda figured sense that was the movie where it was pretty much Darth Vader’s movie.please tell me a new hope is your second? I say that because for me,a new hope is you favorite with empire a very close second. I love the first two films,they compliment each other really well.

Empire!
I kinda figured sense that was the movie where it was pretty much Darth Vader’s movie.please tell me a new hope is your second? I say that because for me,a new hope is you favorite with empire a very close second. I love the first two films,they compliment each other really well.

A New Hope is indeed my second favorite!

Empire!

Awesome to hear, :banana: Now my last question,do you like return of the Jedi,? I myself hate it but I am okay with it if YOU like it,I respect that.as long as people agree that it’s the least best of the original three,that it’s not as good as the first two,their okay in my book,they are only NOT okay with me if they think that one is the best.

Empire!

Awesome to hear, :banana: Now my last question,do you like return of the Jedi,? I myself hate it but I am okay with it if YOU like it,I respect that.as long as people agree that it’s the least best of the original three,that it’s not as good as the first two,their okay in my book,they are only NOT okay with me if they think that one is the best.

I like Jedi although it's the weakest of the trilogy!

Empire!

I like Jedi although it's the weakest of the trilogy!

thats cool.I have no problem with people who like it even though i hate it as much as the prequals,just as long as they agree its the least best of the three.:thup: The star wars fans who like it the BEST of the three,thats who i have a problem with.I think the reason they do is for the guys,they just love it so much because of Leia being in a bikini,the gals? they just have poor taste in movies.

I hate jedi because it went against EVERYTHING the first two films established and accomplished.It had no originality,it was dejuvu all over again. I hated from the beginning to the end from princess Leia being in a bikini to Darth Vader hanging around with Ben Kenobi in the end having a jolly old good time together. the whole film was corny as hell.

I hate it so much i go as far as calling it a pile of shit. Here is how much i hate it,the first two films i have seen over a hundred times each. Return Of the Jedi? just twice. Unfortunately i ended up seeing it a second time cause i was at a party and they all wanted to watch it and I was overruled by the majority.

First, there is no film called "A New Hope".

There was a film called "Star Wars" that was re-badged "A New Hope" when the studio figured out it they could keep the gravy train going with those abysmal prequels and beyond.

As much as I liked the trilogy (I was a huge fan). The franchise has been played out like a very old whore.

They haven't changed anything about the franchise in 43 years. Same ships, same effects, same running and jumping, blasting and whooshing, same musical score.

As exciting as it was the first time, like sleeping with an ex, it will NEVER be as good as it once was.

just wondering DarthVader one of the things that bothered me about jedi is that the first two films really made you fear darth vader and showed what a real badass he was especially empire. Jedu totally made him into a wuss.Even though Vader has far more knowledge of the force than luck,luke somehow who is half his size wails on him and pretty much kos him. making him look like a total wuss beaten by someone half his size,that was one fo SEVERAL things wrong with jedi.im sure you were bothered by that one no doubt?

just wondering DarthVader one of the things that bothered me about jedi is that the first two films really made you fear darth vader and showed what a real badass he was especially empire. Jedu totally made him into a wuss.Even though Vader has far more knowledge of the force than luck,luke somehow who is half his size wails on him and pretty much kos him. making him look like a total wuss beaten by someone half his size,that was one fo SEVERAL things wrong with jedi.im sure you were bothered by that one no doubt?

Oh yes you've raised brilliant points.

Forum List

Back