Seeing them now, I think the acting of the first three was horrid. Something from a high school skit.

Attack of the Clones for me was the worst...that was difficult to get through. I distinctly remember watching this in theater thinking "My God is this going to end".

In my opinion it was cringeworthy up until the end. Anakin and Pandem seems we’re awful. Right when Mace makes his entrance, the movie gets somewhat salvaged.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

My definitive, ultimate list! Best to worst!

Empire Strikes Back - of course
A New Hope - masterpiece started it all
Rogue One - decent first half, absolutely stunning second
Return of the Jedi - excellent though a little goofy
The Force Awakens - great movie, great new cast
Revenge of the Sith - the least bad of the prequels
Attack of the Clones - better than the next two
The Last Jedi - killed Star Wars, twisted knife into fans
Phantom Menace - one of the worst movies ever made

Not a bad list. When I compared Phantom Menace and Last Jedi. I compared the worst characters JarJar and Hope and Hope is so much worse and so much more annoying. I looked for remedying values of both an neither had much. However, I thought Darth Maul was a cool villain. The best since Vader and Bobo Fet.

Not a bad list. When I compared Phantom Menace and Last Jedi. I compared the worst characters JarJar and Hope and Hope is so much worse and so much more annoying. I looked for remedying values of both an neither had much. However, I thought Darth Maul was a cool villain. The best since Vader and Bobo Fet.

Hope was bad but I think the codebreaker was even worse. What a totally pointless character. Really, his, Finn's, Hope's, and Phasma's entire storyline in that movie were completely pointless and unnecessary. Even more pointless than Snoke turned out to be. What a disaster of a movie. It really killed Star Wars for me. Maybe I'll adjust my list.

Darth Maul was really cool. He should have been in all 3 prequels.

Hope was bad but I think the codebreaker was even worse. What a totally pointless character. Really, his, Finn's, Hope's, and Phasma's entire storyline in that movie were completely pointless and unnecessary. Even more pointless than Snoke turned out to be. What a disaster of a movie. It really killed Star Wars for me. Maybe I'll adjust my list.

It was beyond predictable the codebreaker was going to betray them. But Hope was so annoying and such an unnecessary character. Phasma was such a disappointing character. In the Force Awaking she gave up the codes so easily. You would think a bad ass would die before helping Fin. If she didn’t provide the codes then the rebels would have been destroyed.

Then the fight btw Fin and Phasma was so weak. I was like really they built her up and that is how easily she dies.

People said the Snoke scene was good. It was a waste. They finally bring about that man behind the curtain. Yea he was a grade A asshole, but he had no impact on the story and Kylo kills him so easily. Then Kylo and Rey team up to kill the space samurais! The fight scenes were weak and Rey’s fighting looked awkward.

Rey’s character drives me nutz. She has no training, but some how is a master in Jedi powers and fighting.

It was beyond predictable the codebreaker was going to betray them. But Hope was so annoying and such an unnecessary character. Phasma was such a disappointing character. In the Force Awaking she gave up the codes so easily. You would think a bad ass would die before helping Fin. If she didn’t provide the codes then the rebels would have been destroyed.

Then the fight btw Fin and Phasma was so weak. I was like really they built her up and that is how easily she dies.

People said the Snoke scene was good. It was a waste. They finally bring about that man behind the curtain. Yea he was a grade A asshole, but he had no impact on the story and Kylo kills him so easily. Then Kylo and Rey team up to kill the space samurais! The fight scenes were weak and Rey’s fighting looked awkward.

Rey’s character drives me nutz. She has no training, but some how is a master in Jedi powers and fighting.

I completely agree woth everything you said but I like Rey. I feel like the force being this big mystical thing lets me suspend disbelief. That being said, Last Jedi killed Star Wars for me. Just like Phantom Menace, from the first minutes in you could tell something was horribly wrong.

My order:

1. Empire Strikes Back
2. Return of the Jedi
3. A New Hope
4. The Last Jedi
5. The Force Awakens
6. Rogue One (it could have been better if not for the uneven first half)
7. Revenge of the Sith
8. Phantom Menace
9. Attack of the Clones

The Last Jedi is the best Disney Star Wars movie to date, IMO; however, it still falls fall short of the original trilogy. Disney doesn't know how to let 3 minutes of drama to go by without slipping in a stupid joke. That said, the Disney films are MUCH better than the prequel trilogy.

1. Empire Strikes back
2. A new Hope
3. Return of the Jedi
4. Rogue One
5. Revenge of the Sith (despite the ham handed political commentary)
6. Force Awakens
7. Last Jedi
8. Attack of the Clones
9. Phantom Menace

:71:

latest

I completely agree woth everything you said but I like Rey. I feel like the force being this big mystical thing lets me suspend disbelief. That being said, Last Jedi killed Star Wars for me. Just like Phantom Menace, from the first minutes in you could tell something was horribly wrong.

Killed, not so sure, but severely lowers my view of star wars

Why is it the right wing has so much trouble with Rey's character?

It is not that I don’t like her character rather Star Wars is bending the rules for her. She never had training but she can do the Jedi mind control and telekinesis? Then defeat the force samurais! Why do Jedis train from childhood if it is so easy to pick up.

It is not that I don’t like her character rather Star Wars is bending the rules for her. She never had training but she can do the Jedi mind control and telekinesis? Then defeat the force samurais! Why do Jedis train from childhood if it is so easy to pick up.

Luke picked being a jedi hanging with Obi-Wan for a couple of days, and he could summon the force well enough to destroy the Death Star. He learned enough in a few days of hanging with Yoda to go toe to toe with Vader.

The whole, 'You have to train from childhood" thing is a convention they came up with in the prequels (A few lines from Yoda not withstanding).

They all pretty much suck

Bad scripts, bad dialogue, horrible acting

I disagree. Empire is a nearly perfect movie in its dialog, acting and script.

If the acting was so bad, why did Harrison Ford go on to become essentially the John Wayne of my generation? Star Wars made Harrison Ford a household name.

If the dialog was so bad, then why has so much of it entered our national culture, with terms like "Jedi Mind Trick" and so on.

The original Trilogy was like lightening in a bottle. It caught the public imagination at a time when we needed it.

I think the prequels and sequels are a victim of it's success. the OT changed how movies are made and marketed, to the point that New Star Wars movies couldn't live up to the OT, even with better actors better special effects.

That said, I TRULY hate the sequels. Disney could fuck up a wet dream.

Star Wars made Harrison Ford a household name.

Too bad about Mark Hammil.

220px-Corvette_Summer.jpg

Mark Hamill (Spell his name right, please) has had a pretty good career as a voice actor.

That said, yes, being in Star Wars probably did change the trajectory his career, because no one could see him in any role but Luke Skywalker at that point.

On the other hand, most actors only have a career of about 10 years before we move on to the next big thing. Actresses have an even short shelf life than Actors do.

I disagree. Empire is a nearly perfect movie in its dialog, acting and script.

If the acting was so bad, why did Harrison Ford go on to become essentially the John Wayne of my generation? Star Wars made Harrison Ford a household name.

If the dialog was so bad, then why has so much of it entered our national culture, with terms like "Jedi Mind Trick" and so on.

The original Trilogy was like lightening in a bottle. It caught the public imagination at a time when we needed it.

I think the prequels and sequels are a victim of it's success. the OT changed how movies are made and marketed, to the point that New Star Wars movies couldn't live up to the OT, even with better actors better special effects.

That said, I TRULY hate the sequels. Disney could fuck up a wet dream.
That's the thing with Star Wars. They have had some truly great actors. But George Lucas can't do dialogue. Great actors sound like they are just reading off a script

Natalie Portman has done some great work. But her Princess Amadala had no depth of emotion. Her love scenes with Anakin were just laughable

Forum List

Back