How many democrats own guns?

Am I wrong? Are they misguided? I don't understand the black and white mentality of gun lovers who seem to think they are the answer to life, the universe and everything.

Here's a cartoon I predict you will not find funny.

I take it you find retarded lies to be oh so funny?

Fucking Communists - much like dog shit, but not as pleasant to be around... :dunno:

[

IF? Step up old man.

Come on, you'd never hit the tottering old fool. Lock one wheel on his walker so he spins in circles, maybe, but hit him?

You're correct. There is a difference between hitting someone and defending yourself against someone that said he'd attempt to make it hard for me to breath through a broken nose and sore throat.

You should probably try to talk some sense into the RNC then. They didn't seem to think that it would be safer to allow all of their attendees to be armed at their convention.
Still bleating this nonsense?
Did you not receive updated talking points for the week?
Am I wrong?
Yes -- and you chose to be.
I'm wrong about them not allowing guns at the convention?
Yes. The decision was not made by the GOP.

What you are not permitted to carry into Quicken Loans Arena
  • No video and audio recorders
  • No weapons of any kind, including pepper spray, pocket knives and/or blades of any kind.
  • Selfie sticks (with the exception of Cavs, Monsters, Gladiators and MAC games)
  • iPads or other similar electronic devices (with the exception of Cavs, Monsters, Gladiators and MAC games)
  • Garments with explicit language, profanity or derogatory characterization directed toward any person. Determination of appropriate messaging is at sole discretion of The Q.No signs, posters or messages on any garment with explicit language, profanity, or derogatory characterization directed toward any person.
  • No laser pointers or whistles
  • No backpacks, large bags, or sealed packages of any kind (including gifts for performers)
  • No bottles, cans, or coolers
  • No outside food or beverages. Exceptions are made for medical reasons, baby food and reasonable children’s snacks (crackers, raisins, juice boxes, etc.)
  • The use of any outside noisemaker is prohibited in the arena
  • Any professional camera device with a lens larger than 6 inches
  • In accordance with the Ohio’s “concealed carry” law and the right for private entities to ban handguns on their premises, firearms and other weapons of any kind are strictly forbidden on the premises of Quicken Loans Arena.
Policies | Quicken Loans Arena Official Website
Must be some kind of conspiracy to keep the gun lovers paranoid.
Or... your ignorance.
Or... your dishonesty.
Or... both
Bwahahaha!!! I'm sure they'll keep that in mind for the next convention center they choose.

And you haven't studied the issue........

Britain banned and confiscated guns in the 1990s....their gun crime rate stayed the same...in fact, it went up 4% last year and they are seeing more fully automatic weapons on the street.......

our non gun murder rate is higher than their total murder rate.....guns are not the issue....

The thing that has kept the gun murder rate of these countries low is their culture.....in particular, their criminal culture...they do not commit murder as easily or as often as American inner city criminals do.....trade our criminals for theirs and our gun crime rate would be lower than theirs.....

Guns do not cause people to commit crime.......
Who cares if Britain's gun crime rate stayed the same, it's a fourth of ours. That's the important part. And it's because they have a higher quality of criminals? LOL.

Yeah....you didn't get it.....

Britain banned guns in 1996.....they confiscated guns....

Their gun crime rate spiked for years after they took away the guns...do you understand that?

Then it returned to the same level it was at before they confiscated their guns...do you understand that?

Nothing changed in their gun crime rate after they got rid of guns in the hands of normal gun owners.....criminals still got guns....

Last year.....their gun crime rate went up 4%...their violent crime rate went up 27%... do you understand....access to guns for criminals did not change after they disarmed normal, law abiding gun owners.....

Britain shows you guys are wrong.....

We increased gun ownership and the number of people carrying guns for self defense...and our gun murder rate went down....again, showing that you anti gunners do not know what you are talking about.
So do they have the 'right' number of guns now? Or would they be even safer with more guns?

Allowing their citizens to own guns would lower their violent crime rate......it went up 27% last year and has always been higher than our rate.....their murder rate has been lower...not their violent crime rate.

So yes.....armed British citizens would lower their crime rate...you wouldn't have the daily violence against the old and the weak that you see in Britain......

And their gun confiscation didn't change their gun crime rate level......do you fucking understand that point...? What you say you want to do...didn't stop their gun violence...........it even went up 4% last year, they now are arming more British police and they are finding more guns, even fully automatic weapons on their streets.......

Nothing you say about guns is even remotely accurate....
You should probably try to talk some sense into the RNC then. They didn't seem to think that it would be safer to allow all of their attendees to be armed at their convention.

You realize that they did ...right...that they allowed carry at the convention......the only places they couldn't were those controlled by the secret service...please...research this.....several of us linked to stories of people who actually carried guns at the convention....and nothing happened...even the left wingers who brought rifles to the convention......the most dramatic thing that happened to them, they were ignored.....and the Secret Service asked them for permits for their silencers....

You guys are wrong about everything about guns in this country....

Am I wrong? Are they misguided? I don't understand the black and white mentality of gun lovers who seem to think they are the answer to life, the universe and everything.

Here's a cartoon I predict you will not find funny.

I take it you find retarded lies to be oh so funny?

Fucking Communists - much like dog shit, but not as pleasant to be around... :dunno:
I'm surprised that someone with your mental acuity didn't mistake it for an actual NRA endorsement.

Who cares if Britain's gun crime rate stayed the same, it's a fourth of ours. That's the important part. And it's because they have a higher quality of criminals? LOL.

Their gun crime rate spiked for years after they took away the guns...do you understand that?

Then it returned to the same level it was at before they confiscated their guns...do you understand that?

Nothing changed in their gun crime rate after they got rid of guns in the hands of normal gun owners.....criminals still got guns....

Last year.....their gun crime rate went up 4%...their violent crime rate went up 27%... do you understand....access to guns for criminals did not change after they disarmed normal, law abiding gun owners.....

We increased gun ownership and the number of people carrying guns for self defense...and our gun murder rate went down....again, showing that you anti gunners do not know what you are talking about.
So do they have the 'right' number of guns now? Or would they be even safer with more guns?

Allowing their citizens to own guns would lower their violent crime rate......it went up 27% last year and has always been higher than our rate.....their murder rate has been lower...not their violent crime rate.

So yes.....armed British citizens would lower their crime rate...you wouldn't have the daily violence against the old and the weak that you see in Britain......

And their gun confiscation didn't change their gun crime rate level......do you fucking understand that point...? What you say you want to do...didn't stop their gun violence...........it even went up 4% last year, they now are arming more British police and they are finding more guns, even fully automatic weapons on their streets.......

You realize that they did ...right...that they allowed carry at the convention......the only places they couldn't were those controlled by the secret service...please...research this.....several of us linked to stories of people who actually carried guns at the convention....and nothing happened...even the left wingers who brought rifles to the convention......the most dramatic thing that happened to them, they were ignored.....and the Secret Service asked them for permits for their silencers....

And what areas weren't controlled by the Secret Service? Certainly nowhere the candidates came anywhere near.

Britain banned and confiscated guns in the 1990s....their gun crime rate stayed the same...in fact, it went up 4% last year and they are seeing more fully automatic weapons on the street.......

our non gun murder rate is higher than their total murder rate.....guns are not the issue....

The thing that has kept the gun murder rate of these countries low is their culture.....in particular, their criminal culture...they do not commit murder as easily or as often as American inner city criminals do.....trade our criminals for theirs and our gun crime rate would be lower than theirs.....

How do your claims line up with this article?

Firearms policy in the United Kingdom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The actual stats show that after the one mass shooting in 96, they confiscated and banned guns from normal gun owners.....for several years after that their gun crime rate spiked......it went up a lot....then it returned to the same level it was at before the confiscation....essentially nothing changed by banning and confiscating guns.....

Now, last year.....the gun crime rate went up 4%...........

Birmingham’s Gun Quarter could have name change to avoid crime link

Homicides in England and Wales up 14%

The police-recorded crime figures include a 9% rise in knife crime and a 4% rise in gun crime, which are thought to reflect a rise in gang violence largely in London and Manchester.

The rise in gun crime is the first recorded for eight years and includes a 10% rise in London.
The official statisticians say that a 36% rise in sexual offences, including the highest number of rapes since 2003 – at 33,341 – reflect a greater willingness of victims to come forward to report such crimes rather than a real surge in attacks.

And how is it possible to have an increasing gun crime rate when you have banned and confiscated guns........right?

Gun crime capital of the UK has been revealed - is your area on the list?

The West Midlands is STILL the nation's gun crime capital - and it's getting worse.

The region has the unwanted crown of the worst gun crime rate in England and Wales for the second year running.

There were 562 crimes where guns were used in the wider Birmingham area in 2014/15, new figures from the Office for National Statistics show.

These were all cases where firearms were actually used rather than just possessed, including firing them, threatening others with them or using them as a club-like weapon.

Last edited:

And what areas weren't controlled by the Secret Service? Certainly nowhere the candidates came anywhere near.

Here is just one article on it....

What It’s Like to Carry a Gun Around the Event Zone at the RNC

I carried a gun around the event zone at the Republican National Convention, and it was no big deal.

Ever since I got my Virginia Permit to Carry a Concealed Handgun, I carry a handgun on me wherever I legally can. So, when I was picked to be one of the lucky (?) Freebeaconers to travel to Cleveland (!) for the RNC this year, it was only natural that I would carry there, too. After all, a responsible gun owner ought to treat their gun like their American Express: never leave home without it.

Ok, I stole that line from my great uncle, but it’s pretty good. It captures the mentality of the concealed carrier well. You don’t carry because you’re afraid or because you’re some sort of vigilante. You carry because you want to be prepared.

------
The real struggle was figuring out the RNC-specific rules. Despite the media frenzy over the fact that guns were going to be allowed in the RNC’s “event zone” while tennis balls, and other random things, would be banned, it was pretty damn hard to figure out exactly where the event zone was. Was it the same thing as the “perimeter” that I had a badge to get into? Was it everything up to the Q but not inside the Q itself?

Turns out it was not that hard to figure out once I got to downtown Cleveland. It was perfectly legal for me to carry concealed—and since my goal in carrying a gun is self-protection and not political protest, my gun was, and always is, concealed—anywhere outside the zombie apocalypse-esque quarantine fences that surrounded the Q and Progressive Field. I could not bring my gun with me when I went into the convention, but I could have it whenever I was not in the stadium. And that’s exactly what I

And you have increasing levels of gun crime in Britain....

Armed police to patrol shooting ‘hotspots’ in Newham, Hackney, Haringey, Brent, Lambeth and Southwark

Armed police patrols will target gun crime hotspots across the capital after a rise in the number of shootings, as Scotland Yard says there are more guns on the streets.

----Scotland Yard said the majority of shootings last year involved handguns. In 2015, 56% were handguns, 27% shotguns, 2% automatic weapons and 15% unknown or converted imitations.

Among victims 42% had links to gangs, and half of victims had links to drug dealing.

Sir Bernard said the rise in shootings nationally suggests that more weapons are getting on to the streets.

“The potential is that more guns have got through than we’ve known about and they’ve got in to the hands of criminals.

That’s the best explanation at the moment. “Clearly in some areas there is a gang element to it but that doesn’t account for all of it.

The fact that we’re seeing it across the country in the big cities probably indicates that we’re talking about more supply.” He warned that terrorists could go to criminal sources to buy guns.

--------

Another story.....

Rise in UK firearms trade may provide terrorists with weapons, say police

Police have warned that the supply of guns to criminals in the UK has increased, adding to fears that weapons may be sold on to terrorists wanting to stage a Paris-style attack in Britain.

-----

He added: “The French and the Belgians accept that in the last 10 years criminals have got more access to weapons, particularly automatic weapons, who have then been the source for the terrorists. If your general supply is higher, the chances of a terrorist getting hold of them are also higher.”

-----

Hogan-Howe said there were more illegal guns on the streets and said the rise in shootings in the last three months was significant: “The fact that we’re seeing it across the country in the big cities probably indicates that we’re talking about more supply.”

Nationally, there has been an increase of around 19% in firearms discharges since 2013-14, with London also experiencing roughly that level of increase.

Still bleating this nonsense?
Did you not receive updated talking points for the week?
Am I wrong?
Yes -- and you chose to be.
I'm wrong about them not allowing guns at the convention?
Yes. The decision was not made by the GOP.

What you are not permitted to carry into Quicken Loans Arena
  • No video and audio recorders
  • No weapons of any kind, including pepper spray, pocket knives and/or blades of any kind.
  • Selfie sticks (with the exception of Cavs, Monsters, Gladiators and MAC games)
  • iPads or other similar electronic devices (with the exception of Cavs, Monsters, Gladiators and MAC games)
  • Garments with explicit language, profanity or derogatory characterization directed toward any person. Determination of appropriate messaging is at sole discretion of The Q.No signs, posters or messages on any garment with explicit language, profanity, or derogatory characterization directed toward any person.
  • No laser pointers or whistles
  • No backpacks, large bags, or sealed packages of any kind (including gifts for performers)
  • No bottles, cans, or coolers
  • No outside food or beverages. Exceptions are made for medical reasons, baby food and reasonable children’s snacks (crackers, raisins, juice boxes, etc.)
  • The use of any outside noisemaker is prohibited in the arena
  • Any professional camera device with a lens larger than 6 inches
  • In accordance with the Ohio’s “concealed carry” law and the right for private entities to ban handguns on their premises, firearms and other weapons of any kind are strictly forbidden on the premises of Quicken Loans Arena.
Policies | Quicken Loans Arena Official Website
Must be some kind of conspiracy to keep the gun lovers paranoid.
Or... your ignorance.
Or... your dishonesty.
Or... both
Bwahahaha!!! I'm sure they'll keep that in mind for the next convention center they choose.
Good to see you understand that you are, indeed, wrong.
Now go be a good useful idiot and keep up on your talking points.

The actual stats show that after the one mass shooting in 96, they confiscated and banned guns from normal gun owners.....for several years after that their gun crime rate spiked......it went up a lot....then it returned to the same level it was at before the confiscation....essentially nothing changed by banning and confiscating guns.....

The police-recorded crime figures include a 9% rise in knife crime and a 4% rise in gun crime, which are thought to reflect a rise in gang violence largely in London and Manchester.

The rise in gun crime is the first recorded for eight years and includes a 10% rise in London.
The official statisticians say that a 36% rise in sexual offences, including the highest number of rapes since 2003 – at 33,341 – reflect a greater willingness of victims to come forward to report such crimes rather than a real surge in attacks.

And how is it possible to have an increasing gun crime rate when you have banned and confiscated guns........right?

The West Midlands is STILL the nation's gun crime capital - and it's getting worse.

The region has the unwanted crown of the worst gun crime rate in England and Wales for the second year running.

There were 562 crimes where guns were used in the wider Birmingham area in 2014/15, new figures from the Office for National Statistics show.

These were all cases where firearms were actually used rather than just possessed, including firing them, threatening others with them or using them as a club-like weapon.
Did you notice that the majority of the reported "gun" crimes involved air pistols and bb guns in none lethal incidents? Do you think the ban had anything to do with this or is it just coincidence?

Did you notice that the majority of the reported "gun" crimes involved air pistols and bb guns in none lethal incidents? Do you think the ban had anything to do with this or is it just coincidence?

Again....do you realize that the gun crime rate, the actual gun crime rate did not change after the ban....and they are now seeing more fully automatic weapons on the street?

All gun crimes are going up.......that is the problem...that shouldn't happen at all......guns are banned, confiscated and illegal...and yet they are being used more...and they are being fired at police more....

And yet..no......

Armed police to patrol shooting ‘hotspots’ in Newham, Hackney, Haringey, Brent, Lambeth and Southwark

There were 226 shootings in London last year, and so far this year there have been 122, with a particular rise since March.

Nationally, there has been an increase of around 19% since 2013/14.

Six boroughs - Newham, Hackney, Haringey, Brent, Lambeth and Southwark - have been highlighted as shooting hotspots. Operation Viper, involving 50 officers, will crack down on gun crime in these areas, including with marksmen accompanying officers on traffic stops.

The Viper squads will also carry out weapons sweeps and targeted raids. Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe stressed that the difference between life and death can be “an inch, or alternatively a good surgeon”.

Rewards of £2,000 are being offered for information that leads to the seizure of guns and prosecution of criminals linked to them.

Scotland Yard said the majority of shootings last year involved handguns.

In 2015, 56% were handguns, 27% shotguns, 2% automatic weapons and 15% unknown or converted imitations.

Again....do you realize that the gun crime rate, the actual gun crime rate did not change after the ban....and they are now seeing more fully automatic weapons on the street?

All gun crimes are going up.......that is the problem...that shouldn't happen at all......guns are banned, confiscated and illegal...and yet they are being used more...and they are being fired at police more....
I am not saying that you do not have a valid argument. The gun crime stats have not been significantly affected by gun control in the UK. On the flip side you see reports like below that shows a general trend towards criminals using less lethal weapons to commit their crimes... in reality i'd rather go up against a shotgun or a musket over a machine gun. Note, i don't think this situation is a feasible solution for the US as we have too many guns on the streets and an effort to disarm anybody with a semi-auto is an unrealistic task. I would support stopping the legal manufacture and sale of them and place safety restrictions of future guns that are being produced. I see that being able to make a difference over time.

What the fatal attack on a British politician says about guns in the U.K.
Without the widespread availability of such guns, anyone seeking a firearm for criminal purposes in Britain will need to get creative. In 2014, the Birmingham Mail reported that criminals in the city had been forced to use "plundered war trophies and collectible weapons, sometimes more than 100 years old." In fact, during the 2011 riots in the city, experts discovered that a late 19th-century St. Etienne revolver had been fired. In other instances, flare guns and replica weapons had been retrofitted in an attempt to make them deadlier.

More sophisticated guns are often in drastically short supply. Handgunshave been sold for more than 10 times the price at which they could be purchased in the United States. This sometimes leads to elaborate arrangements between gun dealers and their customers. The Economist has reported that two rival gangs in Birmingham were later found to have used the same gun to shoot each other's members and affiliates. Each had rented the gun from a third party at separate times.

Here you go........again...you were wrong......

Cleveland PD: Zero arrests for open carry at RNC

In a review of arrests and police activity at the Republican National Convention in Cleveland, officials made it clear that there was little problem with guns.

The months leading up to the RNC were fraught with controversy and petitions to be able to legally bear arms under Ohio’s open carry protections at the event.

Designated as National Special Security Event by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, federal, state and municipal police flooded the area with thousands of additional officers, backed up by allocated funds from Congress. While firearms were not permitted inside the Quicken Loans Arena itself due to Secret Service restrictions, they were allowed in the outlying public areas under state law.

While the media hyped supposed armed attendance by such politically diverse groups as the Oath Keepers and New Black Panther Party, in actuality the individuals attending the events while legally armed were both sparse and peaceful.

This came despite impassioned pleas prior to the Convention by the president of the Cleveland Police Patrolmen’s Association, Steve Loomis, for Ohio Gov. John Kasich to suspend the practice of open carry through an executive order.

Of the final tally of 23 RNC-related arrests made by Cleveland Police during the week of the convention, authorities told Guns.com on Wednesday there were no open carry arrests or issues.

-

Forum List

Back