How many democrats actually support flag burning?

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
I know not every single democrat in the world support flag burning because there are a lot of democrats who have fought for this country because not every soldier that has ever served the armed forces of America are republicans. I just want to know how many of you are OK with the assholes who sit outside the republican national convention to burn the American flag?

Why would you burn a perfectly good flag?

If you are going to burn something then no sense in buying it in the first place unless it is firewood.

• Banned
I can't imagine a lot of democrats wanting to march with these people since they have either served in the military or have loved ones that have. It is kind of like an enigma.

I hold them a step above the scum who proudly wave a confederate rag. Don't have much stomach for either though.
Definitely ABOVE the confederate flag-waving scum.

Don't have a problem w/flag-burning as a sign of disgust and protest.

Thank God for free speech!

I hold them a step above the scum who proudly wave a confederate rag. Don't have much stomach for either though.

We should fight for their right to do it, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

would me kicking your rear for burning the flag be a sign of disgust and protest? Thank God for free speech.

Why don't they make flags out of asbestos?

Oh, yeah, right...thanks EPA...obviously support flag burning!!!

We should be burning the rainbow flag, Mexican flag, black power flag and the rag of palestine.

But, it was enjoyable to see the man who burned the flag catch himself on fire.

Democrats invented Flag burning as an expression of free speech. As a matter of fact, democrats invented the concept of domestic terrorism as a political expression. It's no secret that professor Bill Ayers was Barry Hussein Obama's political mentor in Chicago and professor Ayers was also a domestic terrorist who bombed corporate headquarters, Military recruitment centers and the freaking Pentagon. The last bomb Ayers and his gang made was intended for a Ft. Dix Soldiers dance but it blew up prematurely.

As I support free speech, of course I support flag burning.

Fascists will obviously have different opinions.

I would defend a flag-burner. Again, free speech. It's easy to support free speech when it's speech you like. Actual patriots will support speech they don't like. Fascists will try to squash speech they don't like.

Burning my flag is a physical action just like me kicking your rear for burning the flag. Free speech would be something like you saying you hate the country and you were glad military people lost their lives fighting for their country. Free speech would be like me saying you were a fool and you should move to another country if you hated this country so.

I would defend a flag-burner. Again, free speech. It's easy to support free speech when it's speech you like. Actual patriots will support speech they don't like. Fascists will try to squash speech they don't like.
No way in hell is flag burning "speech." Is lighting a cigarette "speech?" Is lighting a candle "speech?" The senile SCROTUS says flag burning is "speech.'' Well, I'll tell you what. If a flag burner does it when I am there, it won't be for burning the flag, but I'll kick his ribs in for speaking while I'm talking.

I know not every single democrat in the world support flag burning because there are a lot of democrats who have fought for this country because not every soldier that has ever served the armed forces of America are republicans. I just want to know how many of you are OK with the assholes who sit outside the republican national convention to burn the American flag?

I served 20 years and retired. I support your right to burn a flag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No way in hell is flag burning "speech." Is lighting a cigarette "speech?" Is lighting a candle "speech?" The senile SCROTUS says flag burning is "speech.'' Well, I'll tell you what. If a flag burner does it when I am there, it won't be for burning the flag, but I'll kick his ribs in for speaking while I'm talking.

Actually, I don't believe they cited free speech.

would me kicking your rear for burning the flag be a sign of disgust and protest? Thank God for free speech.

He won't be arrested, you will.

Burning my flag is a physical action just like me kicking your rear for burning the flag. Free speech would be something like you saying you hate the country and you were glad military people lost their lives fighting for their country. Free speech would be like me saying you were a fool and you should move to another country if you hated this country so.
No jackass...

Free speech includes creating signs, burning flags, and poking holes in pictures of public figures, amongst many other forms of expression that doesn't include touching or physically harming another individual.

You attempt to kick me and prepare to lose your foot.

They cited freedom of expression. The 1st amendment doesn't say a thing about expression so the Court is making law. I take what's said in the Bill of Rights literally, not semantically. Now I was taught and then I taught as a military instructor that when a flag wasn't flying freely and was detached from it's flagpole or place of display and was in someone's hands it ceased being a sacred symbol and was to be regarded as just an inanimate object. So if someone puts lighter fluid on it and sets it afire, I could care less because they are burning a piece of cloth. They don't know or understand this, they only know that they think it's pissing me off by showing their contempt and hatred for the country. I only feel contempt and pity for their sorry ass. And so, if he thinks burning the flag is free speech, and I try to explain my view, if he sets fire to it while I'm talking then he will feel the boot. That's my view.

They cited freedom of expression. The 1st amendment doesn't say a thing about expression so the Court is making law. I take what's said in the Bill of Rights literally, not semantically. Now I was taught and then I taught as a military instructor that when a flag wasn't flying freely and was detached from it's flagpole or place of display and was in someone's hands it ceased being a sacred symbol and was to be regarded as just an inanimate object. So if someone puts lighter fluid on it and sets it afire, I could care less because they are burning a piece of cloth. They don't know or understand this, they only know that they think it's pissing me off by showing their contempt and hatred for the country. I only feel contempt and pity for their sorry ass. And so, if he thinks burning the flag is free speech, and I try to explain my view, if he sets fire to it while I'm talking then he will feel the boot. That's my view.

And you'll be arrested, he won't.

Forum List

Back