How many are sick and tired of Government ?

“We have met the enemy and he is us."
- Walt Kelly

Are you sick and tired of government? Well, you don’t have anyone to blame but yourself. Contrary to Ronald Reagan’s mantra that “government is the problem,” the real problem is us. To have twice elected a President who considers the Constitution “just a Goddamn piece of paper” is symptomatic of a more serious malady afflicting the American people for which we have failed to take responsibility.
No doubt!

ReRon Reagan merely played the part o' President...and, pandered to the (average) American's sense of LAZINESS!!

Hell....why stretch yourself, when it's so-much-more convenient to lower-the-bar....

handjob.gif

"Like most people in Washington, Clinton understood that Ronald Reagan was a figurehead and that it was really the Bush Cabal, which was running things for all of those 12 years. He also understood that the Bush Cabal had perpetrated the greatest fraud ever committed against the American people and that the Bush Cabal had essentially destroyed the economy of the United States - which in fact they had."

To get rid of the (way to much) federal regulations, that are costing all of us a lot of money.
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.....as-long-as they're ignoring on everyone's agenda but your's....right??

Now....multiply that agenda X the U.S.-population.

Someone's gonna get pissed-off....and, they're not gonna agree with you!

You got some magical-formula that's gonna satisfy everyone?​

Last edited:
To get rid of the (way to much) federal regulations, that are costing all of us a lot of money.
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.....as-long-as they're ignoring on everyone's agenda but your's....right??

Now....multiply that agenda X the U.S.-population.

Someone's gonna get pissed-off....and, they're not gonna agree with you!

You got some magical-formula that's gonna satisfy everyone?​

Never has been since the beginning of the nation, that is why we have our bill of rights.
It's just that one voice out there now who doesn't like something that wants to rule over all, because he or she is upset about what the rest of them want.
One voice over the many is a dictator.

Yeah....you'd have loved the.....

1298374410_meatpacking-industry.jpg

chicslaughterhouse.jpg

sausage+makers.jpg

Getting back to a smaller more manageable government is not going back to the good old days.
Just small-enough to eliminate federal-regulations, right??​

You act like there are no sweat shops today. Get real.

You can choose to serve Justice with or without Big Government.

How much of a part do you think Big Government plays in unfair compensation and unethical business practice?

Miss_Cleo.jpg

Speaking of getting back to a smaller more manageable federal government - anyone have any ideas about how that's going to be accomplished?n And more importantly by whom?

I ask this because I sincerely trust that no one among us is so politically naive as to actually believe those currently running the government are even minimally inclined that way. Oh no doubt some will say they are. And some will act in ways that make us think they are. But they aren't and never will.
Another "conservative"-psychic!!

handjob.gif

Actually I'm neither conservative (well maybe a tiny bit) or psychic. Wasn't it a Conservative Republican President who tripled the government's size and quadrupled the nation's debt? So why would you think that same group is now itching to downsize? It certainly doesn't have clue one how to downsize the debt.

It's the Democrat-way to wallow in big government and spend, spend. So I ask you why would that Party ever consider smaller anything?

It doesn't require a psychic to predict how this will end. And it won't be pretty. In fact, it's already about as ugly as I've ever seen it and I've been around several decades or more.

Where the hell have all you idiots been?

BOTH Repugnantcans and Dimocrats have increased the size of government at every turn for decades.

BOTH Repugnantcans and Dimocrats have increased the size of government at every turn for decades.

That shows is a total misunderstanding of history. Republicans have introduced 40 Balanced Budget Amendments to the Constitution since Jefferson's first. Democrats have killed them all.

Republicans stay in the game by going to the middle but are always trying to get near the Jeffersonian right. Sadly, the American people just arent there on the far right yet. Maybe now is the time, though, given a communist president, great recession, huge national debt , and the Tea Party.

If Republicans bet it all on small government they would not be in the game at all, and instead they'd be like the impotent Libertarians.

If you can understand that this is the biggest day in the history of your political education . I wish you luck.

Last edited:
those currently running the government are even minimally inclined that way.

this shows a very childish kind of cynicism and anti-intellectualism . America is a democracy run by the people. If 70% of the electorate wanted a Balanced Budget Amendment to the Constitution 100% of Republicans would instantly feel empowered to propose and pass one. You have to think about that over and over. Cynicism isn't cool or intellectual like you think it is. Sorry.

That shows is a total misunderstanding of history. Republicans have introduced 40 Balanced Budget Amendments to the Constitution since Jefferson's first. Democrats have killed them all.

Republicans stay in the game by going to the middle but are always trying to get near the Jeffersonian right. Sadly, the American people just arent there on the far right yet. Maybe now is the time, though, given a communist president, great recession, huge national debt , and the Tea Party.

If Republicans bet it all on small government they would not be in the game at all, and instead they'd be like the impotent Libertarians.

If you can understand that this is the biggest day in the history of your political education . I wish you luck.

Who was the last president to actually decrease the size cost and scope of government?

Who was the last president to actually decrease the size cost and scope of government?

who cares?? Presidents don't run the country!! We have a democracy!!! Presidents pander to the electorate. That is why Clinton lied through his liberal communist teeth and said, "the era of big government is over." At the time Newt was driving politics far to the right. Then the people shifted back toward the center when Newt overplayed his hand.

Last edited:

who cares?? Presidents don't run the country!! We have a democracy!!! Presidents pander to the electorate. That is why Clinton lied through his liberal communist teeth and said, "the era of big government is over."

So neither party that controlled either the White House or the congress has decreased the size scope and cost of government right?

BOTH parties pander and BOTH parties always increase the size of government.

So neither party that controlled either the White House or the congress has decreased the size scope and cost of government right?

More importantly, Republicans since Jefferson have introduced 40 Balanced Budget Amendments and Democrats have killed them all!!

more importantly, if you admit they pander, because this is a democracy, then it is the people who you must blame, not the Republicans. This is a huge lesson for you to learn.

Last edited:

More importantly, Republicans since Jefferson have introduced 40 Balanced Budget Amendments and Democrats have killed them all!!

more importantly, if you admit they pander becuase this is a democracy then it is the people who you must blame, not the Republicans. This is a huge lesson for you to learn.

It's a huge lesson for you to learn that we are a republic not a democracy.

So it is the representatives elected that are to blame.

Last edited:
those currently running the government are even minimally inclined that way.

this shows a very childish kind of cynicism and anti-intellectualism . America is a democracy run by the people. If 70% of the electorate wanted a Balanced Budget Amendment to the Constitution 100% of Republicans would instantly feel empowered to propose and pass one. You have to think about that over and over. Cynicism isn't cool or intellectual like you think it is. Sorry.

You don't actually, really, really believe you live in a Democracy, do you? And you don't actually, really, really believe in a nation where less than 50% of those eligible to vote do, that 70% care one way or the other whether or not the budget is balanced. Or for that matter can do squat about making it happen, since they don't vote.

You really are dreaming with the idea that the Republicans (or for that matter the Democrats) could amass the votes necessary to amend the Constitution for whatever reason. Congress can't agree when to take bathroom breaks. But they especially cannot agree to get anything accomplished for this nation or the people.

Personally I prefer cynicism over delusion.

You don't actually, really, really believe you live in a Democracy, do you?

yes the people elected Bush and BO

And you don't actually, really, really believe in a nation where less than 50% of those eligible to vote do, that 70% care one way or the other whether or not the budget is balanced.

if I said I believed it I'll pay you $10,000. Bet?

Or for that matter can do squat about making it happen, since they don't vote.

1) a democracy does not require any particular level of participation
2) what matters 100% is what those who do participate, think.
3) a democracy is better when those who can't understand the issues don't vote anyway.

You really are dreaming with the idea that the Republicans (or for that matter the Democrats) could amass the votes necessary to amend the Constitution for whatever reason.

if i said I was dreamig that Republicans would amass the votes I'll pay you 10,000. Bet??

Congress can't agree when to take bathroom breaks. But they especially cannot agree to get anything accomplished for this nation or the people.

as I said if those who participated wanted a BBA it would happen instantly.

Personally I prefer cynicism over delusion.

you made up the delusion. IF not bet 10,000. That is called the straw man fallacy!! Sorry

I'm sick and tired of being forced into the arms of government by greedy pricks who then complain that government made them do it. That is BS. People wouldn't have to be on welfare if they were paid a living wage. I shouldn't have to hire someone to do my taxes, because the code is full of exemptions for the rich to get out of paying taxes, a flat rate will do nicely. The laws themselves should be reduced by 75% or better, I shouldn't have to hire a lawyer to do anything. However the laws are written in such a way that you don't have a choice, a lawyer is the only one who can read them. Every legal citizen in this country is equal and should be treated as such and with respect. The government has no right restricting the freedoms of anyone for any reason. As long as you aren't hurting or endangering anyone do what you want. The federal government should maintain our borders, a standing army, print money (only), provide physical security (clean air,food,water, etc.), and actively enforce equality among it's citizens. Note : corporations and businesses are not citizens and should not have rights, let alone more rights than us.

because the code is full of exemptions for the rich to get out of paying taxes,

of course that shows near liberal insanity given that the top 1% pay 40% of all federal taxes and the bottom 40% pay no federal taxes.

Hating the rich is an insane Marxist idea that the liberals have been brainwashed into adopting. In fact the rich provide the jobs and products that sustain our lives. THey got us from the stone age to here. Did you think it was the Girl Scouts?

Last edited:
...and while I'm at it, let me say Hello to all as I am new to your board. I am a middle-class American citizen who finally decided to put my words into action, when the Florida Whig Party ask me to run for the US Senate FL 2012. I am the first exploratory Candidate for the US Senate, from the Whig Party to announce my intentions in 150 years.

Forum List

Back