How many are sick and tired of Government ?

I'm not sick and tired of government. I'm sick and tired of what liberals did to the government.

It should be noted that all of these laws that take away our freedoms are pushed by the Dems.

They do not beleive in Personal Responsibility or Personal Freedom

Bullcrap. The Repubs also push for your own good laws and such.
The war on drugs? Who started that?
Who is for legalization and who is not?

Funny how libs want legal drugs like tobacco banned but are all for pot being legal.

It's actually libertarians who are for making drugs legal.

How many of you are just as sick and tired of Government telling us what we can and can not do?

Why does the left keep wanting more and more government, more and more money?
Aren't they just as sick of being told what to do and what not to do?
Why do they keep voting for politicians who want to run our lives? It's in both parties,but more so it the Democratic party.
I'm sick of government telling us;

What we can and can not eat.
What we can and can not drive.
What can and can and can not say.
What kind of light bulbs to use.
How we can and can not worship.
What we can and can not put in our yards.
Where we can an can not fly the American Flag
How we can and can not raise our children
Paying Government for permits for our children to sell lemonade and cookies.
What jobs we can and can not have.

Aren't You ?

The thread title is such a cocktease. You aren't anarchist at all.

Never said that I was. Sorry, wanting my freedom back from an overbearing, (getting very close to a totalitarian) government is not being a terrorist.
Let's see here, it is OK for the left to advocate their own freedom's but when a conservative does it it's anarchy?
I don't think so.
When you have one party that passes a Health Care Bill against the majority of the people that did not want it,that is totalitarianism. That is why Dem's lost so many seats last year.

I never said you were anarchist, but the thread title is one you'd see an anarchist saying, seeing as the point is to abolish leaders and governments as we know them. Don't be so offended by a post that was mostly intended as joke.

The government is getting more powerful, but it's still nowhere near close to a totalitarian government. :lol: Bills do not have to be validated by majority consent of the population to be considered not-totalitarian, that's how representative democracy works.

Being sick and tired of Government is not the same as abolishing leaders and government as we know it.
I was not offended either.
Getting back to a more constitutional form of government is also not anti government like some are saying.
And when the Health Care Bill was passed, the Dem's did not include any of the Republican bills that they wanted in it. It wasn't about the population.
Totalitarian - Of or pertaining to a highly centralized government under the control of a political group which allows no recognition of or representation to other political party's.
that is exactly what the Dem's did when they passed this bill.

I'm all for Government by the consent of the governed, The Establishment of Justice, Rule of Law, and due process. Liberty and Justice for each of us, whether in the majority or the minority. We each have Rights.

How many of you are just as sick and tired of Government telling us what we can and can not do?

Why do they keep voting for politicians who want to run our lives? It's in both parties,but more so it the Democratic party.

Aren't You ?

I miss feeling like this song below, one country, united, UNDER GOD.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q65KZIqay4E]YouTube - ‪God Bless the U.S.A. by Lee Greenwood‬‏[/ame]

2 Chronicles 7:14 if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

Yes me too!
But we won't until we get some kind of middle ground between the two parties.
There are alot on the left who want the word God taken out of that song and on our money.

Yes me too!
There are alot on the left who want the word God taken out of that song and on our money.

I know, it's very sad. My theory is that the middle ground in most circumstances that we are missing is God Himself. Song makes me cry when I listen to it. Is an awesome song.

Aren't You ?

Huh, no one is stopping you from eating anything you like? What you can drive? Again who is stopping you? You can say anything? You just said a whole bunch of nonsense. Are you twelve by any chance? I am hoping you don't have children, if you are this clueless as to ask silly questions, you may pass that trait on to your offspring. All of life exists within some context, some reality, a set of experiences, a community, that defines these items you find confusing, if you think that isn't so then think about how you would even know it isn't so.

Aren't You ?

Huh, no one is stopping you from eating anything you like? What you can drive? Again who is stopping you? You can say anything? You just said a whole bunch of nonsense. Are you twelve by any chance? I am hoping you don't have children, if you are this clueless as to ask silly questions, you may pass that trait on to your offspring. All of life exists within some context, some reality, a set of experiences, a community, that defines these items you find confusing, if you think that isn't so then think about how you would even know it isn't so.

There is validfity to Peach's post.

Government is spending millions of dollars determining:

What we should eat
What we should drive
What bulbs we should use
etc etc etc....

And therefore it gives the impression that government has a loing term agenda to tell us what to eat, drive, etc etc etc.

A few more comments on the subject:

Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories.
Thomas Jefferson

About all I can say for the United States Senate is that it opens with a prayer and closes with an investigation.
Will Rogers

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction.
Albert Einstein

Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.
Mark Twain, a Biography

It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly native American criminal class except Congress.
- Pudd'nhead Wilson's New Calendar

Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber.
Plato

If liberty and equality, as is thought by some are chiefly to be found in democracy, they will be best attained when all persons alike share in the government to the utmost.
Aristotle

And finally,

How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think.
Adolf Hitler

Aren't You ?

Let's just forget about political correctness (no you can't say just anything any longer), trans fat taken out of fast food restaurants, for the good of the whole. Never mind the individual taking control of of themselves and not eating fries morning noon and night.
N.Y city legislator trying to pass no salt in restaurants.
Never mind that the majority of this nation who feels the same way I do.
San Francisco trying to Ban sales of pets.
And trying to insult someone who has an opinion different than yours, is never going to get us anywhere.

Aren't You ?
Yeah....you'd have loved the.....

1298374410_meatpacking-industry.jpg

chicslaughterhouse.jpg

sausage+makers.jpg

Aren't You ?

chicslaughterhouse.jpg

sausage+makers.jpg

Getting back to a smaller more manageable government is not going back to the good old days.

Getting back to a more constitutional form of government is also not anti government like some are saying.
And when the Health Care Bill was passed, the Dem's did not include any of the Republican bills that they wanted in it. It wasn't about the population.

Wasn't the health care bill based off a Republican plan from the early 90s?

Did the Democrats break a law when they passed that? If it's not about the population why did you say it was totalitarian because the people didn't want it?

"When you have one party that passes a Health Care Bill against the majority of the people that did not want it,that is totalitarianism."

Totalitarian - Of or pertaining to a highly centralized government under the control of a political group which allows no recognition of or representation to other political party's.
that is exactly what the Dem's did when they passed this bill.

Even if its based off an old Republican compromise?

Plus, according to that definition, we still aren't totalitarian. The government still allows recognition and representation of the opposing party. And one legislation of a bill as you describe does not mean we have a highly centralized government control.

Aren't You ?

Let's just forget about political correctness (no you can't say just anything any longer), trans fat taken out of fast food restaurants, for the good of the whole. Never mind the individual taking control of of themselves and not eating fries morning noon and night.
N.Y city legislator trying to pass no salt in restaurants.
Never mind that the majority of this nation who feels the same way I do.
San Francisco trying to Ban sales of pets.
And trying to insult someone who has an opinion different than yours, is never going to get us anywhere.

We're totalitarian for people trying some to get laws passed? Not even on a national level, on a state and local level? Aren't these laws you complain about the kind of powers of legislation you want reserved for the states? As in, that's what all the examples you just listed are about?

In my state, there was a referendum to ban smoking inside public buildings and places. Are my own fellow citizens then totalitarians?

Yes me too!
....As if we need to be reminded of the paranoid fantasyland called The 1950s.

handjob.gif

"In 1954, Congress added the words “under God” to the Pledge of Allegiance, and the phrase “In God We Trust” was included on all U.S. currency in the following year. While these changes were subtle reminders of the ideological struggle of the Cold War (Americans believed in God; Communists were atheists), they also reflected the mood of the country. The United States experienced a religious revival in the 1950s, with more than 60 percent of Americans reporting they belonged to a church or synagogue, as opposed to less than 50 percent before World War II. Evangelist Billy Graham, Protestant minister Norman Vincent Peale, and Roman Catholic Bishop Fulton J. Sheen emerged as the spokespersons for the revival, and they used the newest mass medium — television — to carry their message to millions of Americans. Sheen had a weekly television program called Life is Worth Living, and Graham's crusades were later televised as well."

Last edited:
Speaking of getting back to a smaller more manageable federal government - anyone have any ideas about how that's going to be accomplished? And more importantly by whom?

I ask this because I sincerely trust that no one among us is so politically naive as to actually believe those currently running the government are even minimally inclined that way. Oh no doubt some will say they are. And some will act in ways that make us think they are. But they aren't and never will. Quite simply such a change would diminish individual political power and there would be no material gain from which they could benefit.

Last edited:

Aren't You ?

chicslaughterhouse.jpg

sausage+makers.jpg

Getting back to a smaller more manageable government is not going back to the good old days.
Just small-enough to eliminate federal-regulations, right??​

Miss_Cleo.jpg

Speaking of getting back to a smaller more manageable federal government - anyone have any ideas about how that's going to be accomplished?n And more importantly by whom?

I ask this because I sincerely trust that no one among us is so politically naive as to actually believe those currently running the government are even minimally inclined that way. Oh no doubt some will say they are. And some will act in ways that make us think they are. But they aren't and never will.
Another "conservative"-psychic!!

handjob.gif

To get rid of the (way to much) federal regulations, that are costing all of us a lot of money.

Forum List

Back