Lawmakers to File Suit Against Obama Administration Over Libya Operation

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
Lawmakers to File Suit Against Obama Administration Over Libya Operation

A group of lawmakers plans to file a federal lawsuit Wednesday against the Obama administration, questioning the constitutional and legal justifications for military action in Libya, Fox News has confirmed.

The bipartisan group is being led by Reps. Dennis Kucinich, D-Ohio, and Walter Jones, R-N.C., and includes GOP presidential candidate Rep. Ron Paul.

Kucinich and Jones will lead a news conference at the U.S. District Court in Washington, D.C., to outline the claims. But according to the complaint, a copy of which was obtained by Fox News, the group is seeking "injunctive and declaratory relief to protect the plaintiffs and the country from a stated policy of defendant Barack Obama, president of the United States, whereby a president may unilaterally go to war in Libya and other countries without the declaration of war from Congress required by Article I, Section 8, Clause 11 of the United States Constitution."

Read more: Lawmakers to File Suit Against Obama Administration Over Libya Operation - FoxNews.com

The impression I have is the Libya operation was initiated by the NATO Alliance to which the U.S. is a signatory and is therefore bound by formal agreement to participate in the attack. If we refuse we forfeit the important protections afforded us by our membership in the Alliance.

Am I mistaken?

Nice! Down with insane war presidents that want to kill everything.

Can't wait for the peace party (Dems) to rush in and defend Obama killing people in the record number of wars goin on.

Last edited:
Good to see some in Congress fighting to restore Checks & Balances. Now we just need more in Congress to join this fight. We're up to Five Wars now. The Libyan War alone is going to cost over a $Billion this year. Not to mention,no one has given a coherent & logical argument for us being involved with that War. It just makes no sense. And where are they getting all this cash to fight these five Wars? Time to end all of these Wars. Hopefully this Lawsuit will be successful.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back