How many adult female converts to Islam would there be if Female Mutilation was required of THEM?

I found THIS article interesting, which prompted the headline title...

Large increase in Finnish women converting to Islam

Voice of Europe ^

Then this.....How many adult female converts to Islam would there be if Female Mutilation was required of THEM?....

What would the new adult female converts to Islam do if their acceptance was contingent upon Female Genital Mutilation? If they had some - eh skin in the game- we could respect them. White religiously "pure" women like Sinead O'Connor want little brown girls to undergo FGM so why not them?

The creeps KNOW it is wrong and barbaric that is why it can not even be spoken about elsewhere.
I don't understand why women are involved with any patriarchal religion.

It is not easy------I would have to google a few DOZEN muslim countries separately----feel free------I did it long ago. Try Egypt----MOST muslim women there are FMGed-------despite the fact that the
practice is now outlawed----It even exists in INDIA as a muslim innovation.
Hindu "yonis" are intact
So were supposed to take your word for all the unsubstantiated and outrageous claims you constantly make?

Get a grip....it ain't happening. ..... :cool:

Last edited:
FGM is a primitive tribal rite. It has nothing to do with religion.

While we are here, is there any religion out there, Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Hindu, or anything else that is NOT wrapped up with female sexuality and biological functions? Is there any religion out there that does not treat a menstruating female human as an outcast?

I was a guest at a Muslim house when the lady who sat with me explained that she could not go upstairs to join in prayers because the lining of her uterus was shedding, so apparently she was not wanted by God.

I've read that humans in places like India and Nepal have to go sit in huts outside of their homes while the linings if their uteruses (uteri?) shed.

It is not easy------I would have to google a few DOZEN muslim countries separately----feel free------I did it long ago. Try Egypt----MOST muslim women there are FMGed-------despite the fact that the
practice is now outlawed----It even exists in INDIA as a muslim innovation.
Hindu "yonis" are intact
So were supposed to take your word for all the unsubstantiated and outrageous claims you constantly make?

Get a grip....it ain't happening. ..... :cool:

I have never made an "unsubstantiated, outrageous claim"
Your Islamic "prove it...." and/or "tell me the <stinking>
sura...." is childish. In fact for demands of "prove it" you should
apply that idea to the SHIT THROWN around the mosque during
the weekly "khutbah jumaat". That would be more LOGICAL

While we are here, is there any religion out there, Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Hindu, or anything else that is NOT wrapped up with female sexuality and biological functions? Is there any religion out there that does not treat a menstruating female human as an outcast?

I was a guest at a Muslim house when the lady who sat with me explained that she could not go upstairs to join in prayers because the lining of her uterus was shedding, so apparently she was not wanted by God.

I've read that humans in places like India and Nepal have to go sit in huts outside of their homes while the linings if their uteruses (uteri?) shed.

your statement is slightly illogical. ----you admit that menstruation is
tied to some religious issues----TRUE-----a fact thousands of years old.
But you DENY that FGM is also tied to issues of religion.. That menstruation hut thing is not news to me--but I never heard about Indians
so engaged. ------seems to be related to some primitive "island" cultures.
I agree that just about all religions do the PATRIARCHAL thing-----
a remnant of our APE ancestors. Some groups try to OPTIMISTICALLY overcome those family traditions

But you DENY that FGM is also tied to issues of religion.. That menstruation hut thing is not news to me--but I never heard about Indians
a remnant of our APE ancestors. Some groups try to OPTIMISTICALLY overcome those family traditions
FGM is tied to cultures that marry their tribal roots with Islam. People try to intertwine their tribal roots with their religions constantly. You need not look any farther than Alabama.

My question stands: is there any religion on earth that is not tied to women and our physiology and reproductive cycle? Shit. I was a cradle Catholic. You can't get into that "church" without a dick.

Let's examine why female bodies and their functions play such a part in "religion." I will reiterate that I saw a guy claiming to be a "southern baptist" interviewed on TV who claimed that he had the last word when he and his wife disagreed because he has a penis. He made it very clear that his genitalia won every time. It was disgusting, but he laid it all out.

Sorry, but I don't do the spear-chucker, bone-through-your-nose department.

FGM is tied to cultures that marry their tribal roots with Islam. People try to intertwine their tribal roots with their religions constantly. You need not look any farther than Alabama.

My question stands: is there any religion on earth that is not tied to women and our physiology and reproductive cycle? Shit. I was a cradle Catholic. You can't get into that "church" without a dick.

Let's examine why female bodies and their functions play such a part in "religion." I will reiterate that I saw a guy claiming to be a "southern baptist" interviewed on TV who claimed that he had the last word when he and his wife disagreed because he has a penis. He made it very clear that his genitalia won every time. It was disgusting, but he laid it all out.

try to do the contention thing to the end of time. I AGREED with you that
all religions do the PATRIARCH thing------it is a vestige of APE----ontogeny and philogeny

all religions do the PATRIARCH thing------it is a vestige of APE----ontogeny and philogeny

Why are we allowing this to continue? Why do we continue to "respect" the people who carry this on? We should not, yet many continue to assign these morons positions of respect in our society. What is this about?

Why are we allowing this to continue? Why do we continue to "respect" the people who carry this on? We should not, yet many continue to assign these morons positions of respect in our society. What is this about?

who is we? half of "we" is delighted

Female circumcision isn't a requirement in Islam. Never has been. It's a cultural practice that people have made it religious.

But what I find alarming when women convert to Islam, is that they aren't given the full picture of women are treated Islam. Most of Islam's rules ( as all religions) are slanted for men, women have the most restrictions and least rights.

I would be interested in seeing the 5 year rate of conversion. Like do these women actually stick with Islam or leave it after some time?

I was born Muslim and I took me 30 years to realize it was bullshit.
If they don't "stick with it", they run the very real risk of being murdered.

Male circumcision predates Islam by a few thousand years.
Female circumcision (FGM) also predates Islam by thousands of years. ...:cool:

Never said it didn't. It just happens to have originated in countries that are now predominately Muslim and has thus been linked to Islam, wrongly.

nope-----FGM originated in Egypt. It spread to more southern parts of
Africa------and to ARABIA------it TOOK HOLD in Arabia and became PART AND PARCEL OF ISLAMIC PRACTICE. It spread to all places to which islam spread-----places in which it had not before existed-----even south east Asia and now in the USA. It is linked to islam today because it is almost unknown amongst non muslims

nope-----FGM originated in Egypt. It spread to more southern parts of
Africa------and to ARABIA------it TOOK HOLD in Arabia and became PART AND PARCEL OF ISLAMIC PRACTICE. It spread to all places to which islam spread-----places in which it had not before existed-----even south east Asia and now in the USA. It is linked to islam today because it is almost unknown amongst non muslims
Female circumcision was an African tribal ritual long before Islam came on the scene. .... :cool:

It is almost unknown amongst non-muslims because it originated is a tribal practice in the area where Islam started. Those ancient practices did not die when Islam took hold.

It is almost unknown amongst non-muslims because it originated is a tribal practice in the area where Islam started. Those ancient practices did not die when Islam took hold.

wrong----the practice GOES anywhere islam goes-----including places where it never existed before islam got there----including the USA. ----kinda like
Christmas goes anywhere Christianity goes

Female circumcision, known in the west as FGM, is an ancient tribal ritual that has been practiced for thousands of years by various cultures, and has nothing to do with Islam.

It is not a religious requirement, and isn't mentioned in the Qur'an. ... :cool:

Islam is not just the Quran. Infact the 5 pillars are from the Sunnah/hadiths.

The Islamic scholars confirm female circumcision is not an inherited custom rather it is prescribed in Islam.

Circumcision of girls and some doctors’ criticism thereof - Islam Question & Answer

Here's a thread for us JoeB131 So let's have it out right here. I would LOVE to know why you feel duty-bound to defend a religion like Islam. Let's hear it, as well as the defense of FGM, a practice which IS remarked upon in the Hadith.

There is nothing like it in the Bible, of course.

Forum List

Back