How long does it take to get a factory running?

Amelia

Rookie
Feb 14, 2011
Packerland!
I study the history of toy marbles. One thing I've been struck with is how quickly marble manufacturers were able to set up their companies and start shipping during the first 60 years of the last century. Less than half a year easily.

How long does it take to get a factory running in this century? From the time one decides to try to the time one is shipping to customers. What kind of permitting needs to be done? What kind of governmental studies have to be done? How long do they typically take?

• Banned
Um thanks.

But seriously ... how hard do we make it for would-be producers to start producing?

Last edited:
  • Banned
In the regulatory environment in the U.S., are we talking months, years, decades?

How many hoops are there? Are the requirements so steep that there's not much point in trying? Or are they realistic and the general pessimism I feel about them is not warranted?

• Banned
Is it different from state to state?

Like I picture it being much harder to start any enterprise in California than in, say, Oklahoma. But I haven't been back to Oklahoma in over 10 years and have never tried to start a business, so I don't know.

You know it depends on the project. And yes certain aspects are effected differently depending on which state you're operating in. (in which you are operating)

It's standard practice to become familiar with federal and state laws as well as local ordinances such as zoning and building codes.

I used to work at this factory that began it's work day promptly at 7:00 am every day. Harold, would get there every day at 6:30 am and make the coffee. The coffee was always done by 6:45 am. So, I would say it takes only 15 minutes to get a factory running.

Forum List

Back