How liberals think

How Liberals think........

If by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people — their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties — someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal," then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal."JFK Acceptance of the New York Liberal Party nomination (14 September 1960)

What I dont understand is if liberals really care about this stuff then why do their policies not reflect it. For example they care about the welfare of the people, but they dont want to keep criminals in those "crowded" prisons so they let out murderers, rapists, pedophiles, but hey they're gonna put them on a list, that'll keep people safe! I mean if the prisons are too crowded let's fire up the chair and make some room!

If by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people — their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties — someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal," then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal."JFK Acceptance of the New York Liberal Party nomination (14 September 1960)

And:
Experience has shown how deeply the seeds of war are planted by economic rivalry and social injustice.
Harry S. Truman

Your post brings to mind chapter six of Paul Berman's "Terror and Liberalism,' in which he makes a strong case for liberals being unable to recognize evil, and making all kinds of excuses and apologia for same.

I see that message in the Truman quote....

I am therefore you owe.

To conquer we must divide.

Obama can do no wrong.

If its wrong I can still do it.

It's only a crime if you get caught or are white.

Republicans are wrong simply because I said so.

What a silly thread.

This is in politics because??

I always love when people make up things and then whine about the things they make up.

But don't worry, gramps, the wing it's seem to like it. :thup:

I agree its quite retarded. I made it as a tribute to rderps stupid thread. Im glad you agree with me.

Liberals think based on emotion.
conservatives based on logic

Not always but thats my honest observation

Reactionaries do not use logic, they use preconceived notions to reach an instant opinion that rarely ever changes, even in the light of subsequent contradictory information.

Reactionaries do not use logic, they use preconceived notions to reach an instant opinion that rarely ever changes, even in the light of subsequent contradictory information.

It is the liberals who refuse to use logic. They cannot abide evidence. Nothing changes their preconceived notions. Even being PROVED wrong conclusively just makes them double down. Dopes.

And yet, the very apparent faults of the liberal mindset are what silly twits like occupied claim the see in conservatives or "reactionaries."

As occupied proves all the time, honesty is not a hallmark of most of these libbies.

What I dont understand is if liberals really care about this stuff then why do their policies not reflect it. For example they care about the welfare of the people, but they dont want to keep criminals in those "crowded" prisons so they let out murderers, rapists, pedophiles, but hey they're gonna put them on a list, that'll keep people safe! I mean if the prisons are too crowded let's fire up the chair and make some room!

One quarter of the worlds prison population is in the US

How are those drug laws working out?

You mean like how obamacare has trippled in cost and the left ignores it? Or like how unions bankrupted GM and still dont take responsibility for it?

It is the liberals who refuse to use logic. They cannot abide evidence. Nothing changes their preconceived notions. Even being PROVED wrong conclusively just makes them double down. Dopes.

And yet, the very apparent faults of the liberal mindset are what silly twits like occupied claim the see in conservatives or "reactionaries."

As occupied proves all the time, honesty is not a hallmark of most of these libbies.

Prove me wrong then. Conservatives these days are the very definition of reactionary and therefore do not ponder a question before answering. Where is the logic in any of their opinions, especially the part of logic where faulty ideas or information is dropped right away as worthless?

Prove me wrong then. Conservatives these days are the very definition of reactionary and therefore do not ponder a question before answering. Where is the logic in any of their opinions, especially the part of logic where faulty ideas or information is dropped right away as worthless?

Typical lib bullshit evasion. You spineless wimps are like gnats.

Don't pass the buck, twit. Start by proving-up what you yourself baselessly claim.

Good luck.

You are an idiot and misuse terms. I am not about to waste time correcting all the daffynitions that under-gird your very premises.

When liberals supported civil rights......was that based on emotion or logic?
When liberals supported womens rights....was that logic or emotion?
When liberals supported worker rights was it logic or emotion?

It seems the conservatives are the ones who are guided by emotion......it can't be logic

Don't pass the buck, twit. Start by proving-up what you yourself baselessly claim.

Good luck.

You are an idiot and misuse terms. I am not about to waste time correcting all the daffynitions that under-gird your very premises.

It's self evident to anyone who does not go with their initial knee-jerk reaction of deny, reject or deflect. Next time you hear a piece of news watch as those around you react with their final solution first (put him in jail, let him go, impeach him, bomb them, fuck them) and think about how they went from A to Z with nothing in between.

Good luck.

It's self evident to anyone who does not go with their initial knee-jerk reaction of deny, reject or deflect. Next time you hear a piece of news watch as those around you react with their final solution first (put him in jail, let him go, impeach him, bomb them, fuck them) and think about how they went from A to Z with nothing in between.

Zzzzzzz.

The libs JUMPED to the conclusion (led by a horde of dishonest or putrid journalists) that Zimmerman murdered an "innocent" black "kid."

So, if you want to talk about knee-jerk reactions, let me just ring the bell for you dogs.

Hoodies!

See?

You goons are already salivating.

Good luck.

That is a very smart post so I'll take your challenge if you do it with me.

Let's start off in any one of the zimmerman threads and take a close look at who was the most reactionary and who wanted to see some facts first.

Deal?

Good luck.

Zzzzzzz.

The libs JUMPED to the conclusion (led by a horde of dishonest or putrid journalists) that Zimmerman murdered an "innocent" black "kid."

So, if you want to talk about knee-jerk reactions, let me just ring the bell for you dogs.

Hoodies!

See?

You goons are already salivating.

Sadly, I've given out too much rep in the last 24 hours.

Good luck.

Let's start off in any one of the zimmerman threads and take a close look at who was the most reactionary and who wanted to see some facts first.

Deal?

I have not made a single comment on that mess and am not about to start now, if you want to make this thread about that you are going to have to do it without me.

Show me how Democrats these days are any different we all know Obama came into a tough situation but almost 3 1/2 year's into his presidency according Democrats not one of his policy's has failed he has not made one bad decision anything that has not gone according to the Obama plan is the fault of Bush or the Republicans.

Deal?

I have not made a single comment on that mess and am not about to start now, if you want to make this thread about that you are going to have to do it without me.

You insisted we prove you wrong. I offered you undeniable evidence that the left act completely reactionary. And your response?

Tuck tail and run? Coward

Forum List

Back