How is Jesus the Messiah?

Jesus was human. Human mother. You are missing what many Jews miss, and that is what the Prophet Isaiah wrote about, the suffering servant and the Lamb of God is the first incarnation of the Messiah, then the second coming as the King of Glory.

The suffering servant Isaiah wrote of was the nation of Israel. (Israel was God's suffering servant.) This is what many Christians miss. Again, one faith need not cancel the other.

Jesus was human. Human mother. You are missing what many Jews miss, and that is what the Prophet Isaiah wrote about, the suffering servant and the Lamb of God is the first incarnation of the Messiah, then the second coming as the King of Glory.

The suffering servant Isaiah wrote of was the nation of Israel. (Israel was God's suffering servant.) This is what many Christians miss. Again, one faith need not cancel the other.
Nope. Israel isn't a "man". Isaiah is clealy speaking of a man being beaten. Read chapter 53.

Excellent post. However I think we both know I mean the "king messiah"

Keep in mind, kingship here on earth was something Jesus rejected before he started his ministry. Also, another king messiah wasn't prophesied until after David. Moses did not prophecy or speak of David or a king after David. But Jesus said it was he Moses referenced. Jesus was never meant to preside over an earthly kingdom. Jews believe such a king will come from their line. No reason why he shouldn't, but it has nothing to do with Jesus or his mission.

Look at it this way: America needed both George Washington and Abraham Lincoln--not one or the other. The Gentiles needed Jesus. Doesn't mean a strong Jewish leader isn't also in the world's future.
I am talking about how a lot of Christians view Jesus as the Jewish messiah
Why do they believe that
He ushered in the kingdom of God.
Must have been spectacular!
Indeed, it is. This kingdom casts its shadow around the world. This new covenant has dispelled the paganism that plagued the old.

Excellent post. However I think we both know I mean the "king messiah"

Keep in mind, kingship here on earth was something Jesus rejected before he started his ministry. Also, another king messiah wasn't prophesied until after David. Moses did not prophecy or speak of David or a king after David. But Jesus said it was he Moses referenced. Jesus was never meant to preside over an earthly kingdom. Jews believe such a king will come from their line. No reason why he shouldn't, but it has nothing to do with Jesus or his mission.

Look at it this way: America needed both George Washington and Abraham Lincoln--not one or the other. The Gentiles needed Jesus. Doesn't mean a strong Jewish leader isn't also in the world's future.
Why do they believe that
Indeed, it is. This kingdom casts its shadow around the world. This new covenant has dispelled the paganism that plagued the old.
Kingdom of God getting blown up by suicide bombers? Lol
The Jewish prophecies have not been fulfilled.

IIRC, didn't Jesus admit he was no king?
Jesus plainly admitted He was King of the Jews. You really need to read the New Testament.
Plainly admitted? The only people that said that were gentiles. Jesus beat around the bush..
Maybe I missed a verse?
Yes, you missed a verse. Mark 15:2.
Omg... go read the verse. He did NOT say that...smh
You are so intellectually dishonest..

So have I. Isaiah 53 is speaking of the Messiah, Jesus. The Apostles said so and the Church says so. Paul said so, a great Jewish scholar that saw Jesus and wrote 2/3 of the NT.

I see you are reading Christian commentary. Where do you read that Paul says Jesus was Isaiah's suffering servant?

Why do they believe that
Kingdom of God getting blown up by suicide bombers? Lol
The Jewish prophecies have not been fulfilled.
Will you be a little more clear, please? Are suicide bombers blowing up a kingdom, or did they already blow one up?

IIRC, didn't Jesus admit he was no king?
Jesus plainly admitted He was King of the Jews. You really need to read the New Testament.
Plainly admitted? The only people that said that were gentiles. Jesus beat around the bush..
Maybe I missed a verse?
Yes, you missed a verse. Mark 15:2.
Omg... go read the verse. He did NOT say that...smh
You are so intellectually dishonest..
Luke 23:1-5.

So have I. Isaiah 53 is speaking of the Messiah, Jesus. The Apostles said so and the Church says so. Paul said so, a great Jewish scholar that saw Jesus and wrote 2/3 of the NT.

I see you are reading Christian commentary. Where do you read that Paul says Jesus was Isaiah's suffering servant?
When Paul quotes Isaiah 53 in the New Testament when referring to Jesus.

As I told you a little bit earlier, he isn't human. The messianic stage didn't happen. There are a few more

Jesus is fully human according to Christian belief. He can fulfil any office. It’s is pretty plainly stated in the Nicene and ChalcedonIan Creeds.
The Trinity isn’t the only mystery.

Now this is the true faith:
That we believe and confess that our Lord Jesus Christ, God's Son, is both God and human, equally.
Athanasian Creed

Forum List

Back