How is Jesus the Messiah?

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2012
Can someone explain this to me?
As far as i can tell, he didnt meet the requirements. Obviously lol..
So how?

Because he died knowing full well that he'd be a king in paradise right afterwards. The ultimate sacrifice.

Because he died knowing full well that he'd be a king in paradise right afterwards. The ultimate sacrifice.
lol
I just dont get it. The messiah was supposed to be a man.. Where was the messianic age that was supposed to happen?

So how?

The word Messiah has a Jewish root, meaning Anointed One.
The word Christ, has a Greek root, meaning Anointed One.

The Messiah (or anointed one) the Jews anticipate is a human King of the earthly kingdom of Israel. This does not mean that this future king was, is, and will be the only anointed one in Judaism. Old Testament books speak of anointing many people.

Christians believe Christ (Christos/The Anointed One) was anointed by God for a specific purpose, that is to bring many people of many countries and nationalities into a spiritual kingdom. Jesus denied he was an awaited king of an earthly kingdom. He did not deny he was anointed or sent by God for a specific purpose--i.e. to teach repentance for the forgiveness of sins, and to point people towards a spiritual kingdom where he does rule, and which exists eternally--no matter who rules on earth.

So how?

The word Messiah has a Jewish root, meaning Anointed One.
The word Christ, has a Greek root, meaning Anointed One.

The Messiah (or anointed one) the Jews anticipate is a human King of the earthly kingdom of Israel. This does not mean that this future king was, is, and will be the only anointed one in Judaism. Old Testament books speak of anointing many people.

Christians believe Christ (Christos/The Anointed One) was anointed by God for a specific purpose, that is to bring many people of many countries and nationalities into a spiritual kingdom. Jesus denied he was an awaited king of an earthly kingdom. He did not deny he was anointed or sent by God for a specific purpose--i.e. to teach repentance for the forgiveness of sins, and to point people towards a spiritual kingdom where he does rule, and which exists eternally--no matter who rules on earth.
Excellent post. However I think we both know I mean the "king messiah"

Keep in mind, kingship here on earth was something Jesus rejected before he started his ministry. Also, another king messiah wasn't prophesied until after David. Moses did not prophecy or speak of David or a king after David. But Jesus said it was he Moses referenced. Jesus was never meant to preside over an earthly kingdom. Jews believe such a king will come from their line. No reason why he shouldn't, but it has nothing to do with Jesus or his mission.

Look at it this way: America needed both George Washington and Abraham Lincoln--not one or the other. The Gentiles needed Jesus. Doesn't mean a strong Jewish leader isn't also in the world's future.

Keep in mind, kingship here on earth was something Jesus rejected before he started his ministry. Also, another king messiah wasn't prophesied until after David. Moses did not prophecy or speak of David or a king after David. But Jesus said it was he Moses referenced. Jesus was never meant to preside over an earthly kingdom. Jews believe such a king will come from their line. No reason why he shouldn't, but it has nothing to do with Jesus or his mission.

Look at it this way: America needed both George Washington and Abraham Lincoln--not one or the other. The Gentiles needed Jesus. Doesn't mean a strong Jewish leader isn't also in the world's future.
I am talking about how a lot of Christians view Jesus as the Jewish messiah
Why do they believe that

Why do they believe that
So how?
What requirements didn't he meet?
I told you this 2 hours ago
No, you didn't. You claim Jesus didn't meet the requirements as Messiah. Simple question. What requirements didn't He meet?

Why do they believe that
He ushered in the kingdom of God.

Why do they believe that

I don't know, but my theory is that these Christians do not have a very good understanding (or any understanding) of the Jewish faith.
What about the many Jews that believed in jesus in the book of Acts. His Disciples and the Apostles? What about Paul? Paul was one of he greatest Jewish scholars of the Scriptures. Could it be that it isn't about knowledge of Judaism, but about a personal relationship. Paul rounded up Christians and watched them get stoned to death. Then Jesus appeared to Paul, according to his own testimony. What was it that Paul didn't understand about the Jewish faith?

What about the many Jews that believed in jesus in the book of Acts. His Disciples and the Apostles? What about Paul? Paul was one of he greatest Jewish scholars of the Scriptures. Could it be that it isn't about knowledge of Judaism, but about a personal relationship. Paul rounded up Christians and watched them get stoned to death. Then Jesus appeared to Paul, according to his own testimony. What was it that Paul didn't understand about the Jewish faith?

Paul knew the definition of "anointed" and he also knew that Jesus did not come to rule any earthly government. He had to be knocked flat, but Paul did come to understand the difference between a government of laws and a spiritual governing under grace.

Why do they believe that
So how?
No, you didn't. You claim Jesus didn't meet the requirements as Messiah. Simple question. What requirements didn't He meet?
As I told you a little bit earlier, he isn't human. The messianic stage didn't happen. There are a few more

Why do they believe that
He ushered in the kingdom of God.
Must have been spectacular!

Why do they believe that
So how?
As I told you a little bit earlier, he isn't human. The messianic stage didn't happen. There are a few more
Jesus was human. Human mother. You are missing what many Jews miss, and that is what the Prophet Isaiah wrote about, the suffering servant and the Lamb of God is the first incarnation of the Messiah, then the second coming as the King of Glory.

Why do they believe that
So how?
Jesus was human. Human mother. You are missing what many Jews miss, and that is what the Prophet Isaiah wrote about, the suffering servant and the Lamb of God is the first incarnation of the Messiah, then the second coming as the King of Glory.
What bout his father? What about the part in the bible that says God SENT his son.. How could he send his son if he was an unborn human?
Jesus also had God's attributes, did he not?

Forum List

Back