How is Jesus the Messiah?

IIRC, didn't Jesus admit he was no king?
He said, you say I am a king.

And you miss perhaps the most important piece of information in the NT.

".. the reason I was born and came into the world is to testify to the truth..."
indeed ding. Thats not admitting to anything. Do you understand our language?
Correct. He did not confirm or deny.

He told him, "you say I am a king."

He didn't say, yes, I am the king or no, I'm not the king.

What is your point?

I am talking about how a lot of Christians view Jesus as the Jewish messiah
Why do they believe that

I don't know, but my theory is that these Christians do not have a very good understanding (or any understanding) of the Jewish faith.
What about the many Jews that believed in jesus in the book of Acts. His Disciples and the Apostles? What about Paul? Paul was one of he greatest Jewish scholars of the Scriptures. Could it be that it isn't about knowledge of Judaism, but about a personal relationship. Paul rounded up Christians and watched them get stoned to death. Then Jesus appeared to Paul, according to his own testimony. What was it that Paul didn't understand about the Jewish faith?
What about the fact that 90% of Jews today have zero knowledge of their religion?
Fact?

Link?
I’m a Jew and know way more Jews than you.
90% of Jews went to public school and have zero knowledge.

Amazing how much spin there is..
Even if being a demi god counts as being a human(LOL) the prophecy DIDNT get fulfilled.
So, how is he the messiah?

Can someone explain this to me?
As far as i can tell, he didnt meet the requirements. Obviously lol..
So how?

What are the requirements?
A human born of King Davids bloodline.
He would bring about the messianic age
he would bring about the entire world under one religion
etc
Why would you believe that?

Have you ever stopped to consider it is your understanding that is flawed?
It’s called actually reading the Prophets and not just parroting what the the Church says.
Reading the prophets doesn't mean the understanding of what the prophets said is correct.

Prophecies are not straightforward.

If you do not believe the prophecies have been fulfilled, then either your understanding of the prophecy is wrong or the prophecy itself is wrong.

How many years has it been?

When was the Book closed?

Even if being a demi god counts as being a human(LOL) the prophecy DIDNT get fulfilled.
Here’s how it goes...
I’m ain’t learning Hebrew.
I’m not studying every verse starting from Genesis 1:1.
I’m just gonna read the Jesus is Lord Cliff Notes.
I’m goin’ on the Intawebbz and spred the nooz.

So how?

etc

It’s called actually reading the Prophets and not just parroting what the the Church says.
Reading the prophets doesn't mean the understanding of what the prophets said is correct.

If you do not believe the prophecies have been fulfilled, then either your understanding of the prophecies is wrong or the prophecy itself is wrong.

The issue is mangling the words.

I wouldn't have expected you to see it any other way, TN.

It's not like you can be objective about this.

etc

If you do not believe the prophecies have been fulfilled, then either your understanding of the prophecies is wrong or the prophecy itself is wrong.

How so?

etc

How so?
You want me to teach you Hebrew in one post or two?

TN is being remarkably objective.
I would say he is being remarkably respectful.
Objective...TN is reading the actual words, not seeing what he wants to see.

You are sitting there saying Jews have it wrong. That is WHERE you guys came up with Jesus being the messiah you big fucking hack!

Why do they believe that

I don't know, but my theory is that these Christians do not have a very good understanding (or any understanding) of the Jewish faith.
What about the many Jews that believed in jesus in the book of Acts. His Disciples and the Apostles? What about Paul? Paul was one of he greatest Jewish scholars of the Scriptures. Could it be that it isn't about knowledge of Judaism, but about a personal relationship. Paul rounded up Christians and watched them get stoned to death. Then Jesus appeared to Paul, according to his own testimony. What was it that Paul didn't understand about the Jewish faith?
What about the fact that 90% of Jews today have zero knowledge of their religion?
Yes, and I would say the same thing about Christians.

Why do they believe that

Wont argue there. For instance, you dont even know what an abrahamic religion is lol

Why do they believe that

Wont argue there. For instance, you dont even know what an abrahamic religion is lol
That's your opinion. You have yet to prove that Islam is an Abrahamic religion.

That's your opinion. You have yet to prove that Islam is an Abrahamic religion.
omg lol
tell the class what makes an abrahamic religion an abrahamic religion?

So how?

etc

ummm no
Scripture is useful for proving, correction, and instruction. Study your NT.

Forum List

Back