How Historical Illiteracy Fuels Political Polarization

Damn Jake, what you want for perjury is just so not what the Clintons did. You Jake are a fucktard...
Apply this to the admin.

Right wing radio today was saying (1) why lie about contacts with the Russians, (2) then blame the media, (3) then put out alt facts, (4) then admit contact was made but it was not harmful, which leads to (5) why lie in the first place?

Damn Jake, what you want for perjury is just so not what the Clintons did. You Jake are a fucktard...
Apply this to the admin.

Right wing radio today was saying (1) why lie about contacts with the Russians, (2) then blame the media, (3) then put out alt facts, (4) then admit contact was made but it was not harmful, which leads to (5) why lie in the first place?
Would you please tell your masters to finally release the evidence on Trump? I want Pence in power.

Apply this to the admin.

Would you please tell your masters to finally release the evidence on Trump? I want Pence in power.
Intel Committee will get to that.

You are not in charge. Congress and the Courts are in charge, and a reckoning is coming.

Apply this to the admin.

You are not in charge. Congress and the Courts are in charge, and a reckoning is coming.
And I agree, guys, Pence is better than Trump. He is not a danger to national and world stability.

Apply this to the admin.

DNC has not informed the intel committee. A committee run by pukes.
Why are Democrats keeping the American people uninformed on this most important issue facing the world?

Now Rep Nunes is threatening a free press for doing its job.

"In an effort to deflect, Nunes said:

“I’m sure some of you are in contact with the Russian embassy, so be careful what you ask for here, because if we start getting transcripts of any of you or other Americans talking to the press — do you want us to conduct an investigation on you or other Americans because you were talking to the Russian embassy. I just think we need to be careful.”

What the hell is happening? The press will be investigated for trying to report the story? How about investigate Donald Trump and his administration. How about hold him accountable for his many actions. How about demanding to see his tax returns so we can see his financial ties for the safety and security of the nation. How about instead of threatening reporters, you put party politics aside and work for the American people as you were elected to do."

Nunes, there will be a reckoning, and you won't like it.

BREAKING: Republican House Intel Chair THREATENS The Press After Asking About Russia (VIDEO) | Addicting Info | The Knowledge You Crave

Weatherman is trying to deflect to the DNC?

Right wing media is all over it now saying (other than Rush and a couple of extreme ideologues) the Sessions perjury has to be investigated. Sessions said he had no contact with the Ruskies when in fact he talked to their ambassador twice.

Right wing media is all over it now saying (other than Rush and a couple of extreme ideologues) the Sessions perjury has to be investigated. Sessions said he had no contact with the Ruskies when in fact he talked to their ambassador twice.
Who has this secret information of criminal activity?
Do tell.

Who has this secret information of criminal activity?
Do tell.
We will start with Sessions' perjury.

I couldn't agree with this more. Leno, Waters and others made a killing with their man on the street videos showing the ignorance of, yes I will say it, the left. Millennials are especially naïve and guess what party they vote, so yes, I can say left.

Those that know history are doomed to watch society repeat the failures of the past.

Historical Illiteracy and Political Polarization — Acculterated

I saw this earlier today and I have to say, I found it comical. I mean you could tell it was going to be a joke from the beginning of the OP article. The writer waxes about the Constitution and the Greeks and English Common Law and yada, yada, yada, and yet not one little bleep about the Five Nations, the real source of the Constitution. So when I finished I thought I would check out the author. Yep, no history background whatsoever. She has a BA in English Lit. LMAO.

Let's face it, the right wing has always been about history revisionism. Why do you think all their heroes write history books, most of them for children. Like the Tea Party--did you know the tax on the tea the Patriots threw in Boston Harbor was paid? It wasn't so much the tea tax they were revolting against as much as it was the subsidy the English government was providing to the East India Tea Company. Mostly because all the members of the upper house were stockholders. So the colonists told the East India Tea Company to shove the tea up their ass. The whole standoff at Boston was about the threat of unloading that tea, "under the fire of cannons" if necessary.

Want so more history. How about Jefferson getting Congress to fund smallpox vaccinations for Native American tribes encountered by Lewis and Clark. Talk about social medicine. Or just recently, in reference to the debate on immigrants speaking English--the Constitution was promptly translated into German and Dutch so that the CITIZENS speaking those languages could understand it before ratifying it.

I couldn't agree with this more. Leno, Waters and others made a killing with their man on the street videos showing the ignorance of, yes I will say it, the left. Millennials are especially naïve and guess what party they vote, so yes, I can say left.

Those that know history are doomed to watch society repeat the failures of the past.

Historical Illiteracy and Political Polarization — Acculterated

I saw this earlier today and I have to say, I found it comical. I mean you could tell it was going to be a joke from the beginning of the OP article. The writer waxes about the Constitution and the Greeks and English Common Law and yada, yada, yada, and yet not one little bleep about the Five Nations, the real source of the Constitution. So when I finished I thought I would check out the author. Yep, no history background whatsoever. She has a BA in English Lit. LMAO.

Let's face it, the right wing has always been about history revisionism. Why do you think all their heroes write history books, most of them for children. Like the Tea Party--did you know the tax on the tea the Patriots threw in Boston Harbor was paid? It wasn't so much the tea tax they were revolting against as much as it was the subsidy the English government was providing to the East India Tea Company. Mostly because all the members of the upper house were stockholders. So the colonists told the East India Tea Company to shove the tea up their ass. The whole standoff at Boston was about the threat of unloading that tea, "under the fire of cannons" if necessary.

Want so more history. How about Jefferson getting Congress to fund smallpox vaccinations for Native American tribes encountered by Lewis and Clark. Talk about social medicine. Or just recently, in reference to the debate on immigrants speaking English--the Constitution was promptly translated into German and Dutch so that the CITIZENS speaking those languages could understand it before ratifying it.
Speaking of those ignorant........
You have to go to a university to learn to be that ignorant.

As someone who studies and writes historical fiction, it amazes me how much is missing in the education material in our schools and universities. It is clearly true that winners write history.

Here is an example of Alt Right lying catching up.

With revelations that Attorney Gen. Jeff Sessions apparently perjured himself regarding contacts with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak, another key Trump appointee appears to be on the verge of going down in flames like national security adviser Gen. Mike Flynn.
Nice deflection, but doesn't address the point of the OP, which is the historical illiteracy of the American snowflake generation.

That can be expected when they don't teach U.S. History in k-12 schools as often anymore.

Not sure if Civics class is still there or not, either.

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." (George Santayana)

Just because someone teaches you something does not mean you will bother to remember it after the test. THAT is the biggest problem.

You can lead a horse to water.........

With revelations that Attorney Gen. Jeff Sessions apparently perjured himself regarding contacts with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak, another key Trump appointee appears to be on the verge of going down in flames like national security adviser Gen. Mike Flynn.
Nice deflection, but doesn't address the point of the OP, which is the historical illiteracy of the American snowflake generation.

That can be expected when they don't teach U.S. History in k-12 schools as often anymore.

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." (George Santayana)
Civics is not longer taught in Calif. And the way they teach history is in first grade you learn this period of history, next grade you learn the next period.

Like who the hell remembers what they were told in first grade? You learn through repetition. Schools are intentionally dumbing down kids.

Maybe true for California, but not true otherwise.

Civics is not longer taught in Calif. And the way they teach history is in first grade you learn this period of history, next grade you learn the next period.

Like who the hell remembers what they were told in first grade? You learn through repetition. Schools are intentionally dumbing down kids.

Maybe true for California, but not true otherwise.
Let me guess. Red State.

Fundamentalist Christianity has retarded children who have been exposed to it

Funny how Parochial school children consistently outperform public-school educated ones academically. ;)

Not true.

Credible proof of such? I'm starting not to like you, person with the same man's avatar.

Good luck providing proof parochial school kids don't do better.

I happen to know different. Post credible proof or STFU.

Forum List

Back