How Historical Illiteracy Fuels Political Polarization

You know that stupid people do not know they are stupid, all liberals are stupid and they must try tolower the rest of us to their level. HAHAHAHAHAHA dumbass liberals!!!!

This however was brilliant.

As someone who studies and writes historical fiction, it amazes me how much is missing in the education material in our schools and universities. It is clearly true that winners write history.
Sometimes there are no winners and it is the survivors who do the writing.

Yup, the far right's historical illiteracy and the alt right's out right lying about history are out in the open.
Waters is rich because all he has to do is ask you lefties a few questions on camera.
Most of the people doing this are interviewing people on the right. Wake up.
Is it true? Is ignorance truly bliss?
We will await your reply.
I'm still waiting to see the link to support your position big city millennials are conservative.
I never said any such thing.

Waters is rich because all he has to do is ask you lefties a few questions on camera.
I'm still waiting to see the link to support your position big city millennials are conservative.

Pay him no heed, nothing penetrates that insanity. He assigns viewpoints and argues against the positions he assigns others, he can't take in anything you put forward.

Weatherman said you did so that is the end of it. :lol:

I couldn't agree with this more. Leno, Waters and others made a killing with their man on the street videos showing the ignorance of, yes I will say it, the left. Millennials are especially naïve and guess what party they vote, so yes, I can say left.

Those that know history are doomed to watch society repeat the failures of the past.

YOu're right. We've all seen the Trump story before.

In Germany in 1933.

My idiot crazy sister in law didn't know the Holocaust was a thing until she saw it on the History Channel.

And she voted for Trump.
Both of my Grandfathers actually fought against the Nazi's. I wonder if alive would they laugh their asses off at your comparison or be sad that some in our society are lessening the sacrifices of their generation for political cheap shots.

And they might be very angry over the societal wealth redistribution and econnomic cannibalization of american society that has occurred over the past half century or so.
Yeah entitlement programs are killing this country as far as economic cannibalization, me and my children have things that my grandparents would never have had. Capitalism is great ain't it.

Capitalism is just one tool in the workshop; there are alternatives and combinations.
"-isms" don't kill people, people kill people.

I couldn't agree with this more. Leno, Waters and others made a killing with their man on the street videos showing the ignorance of, yes I will say it, the left. Millennials are especially naïve and guess what party they vote, so yes, I can say left.

Those that know history are doomed to watch society repeat the failures of the past.

YOu're right. We've all seen the Trump story before.

In Germany in 1933.

My idiot crazy sister in law didn't know the Holocaust was a thing until she saw it on the History Channel.

And she voted for Trump.
View attachment 115209

You know it's all good after post #40, correct?

If a person uses a bicycle to go up a hill, would we say it lifted her/him?

Fundamentalist Christianity has retarded children who have been exposed to it

Funny how Parochial school children consistently outperform public-school educated ones academically. ;)

Not true.

Credible proof of such? I'm starting not to like you, person with the same man's avatar.

Good luck providing proof parochial school kids don't do better.

I happen to know different. Post credible proof or STFU.

You made the claim, so it is up to you to provide evidence that what you claim is true.

By what metric are you determining that parochial schools are better?

When I read things like this that describe political polarization as the problem that has to be solved I realize that somewhere there is someone who thinks that we should all think the same thing because if we didn't have 'polarization' we wouldn't have people who have different opinions on something. And if we didn't have that then I would wonder if people were really free to have any opposing opinion to the majority at all. We wouldn't needn't a first amendment because if everyone agreed with one another then whose speech would we be banning? We can ban idea x from being expressed but since x is the only idea that does exist then no one can have an idea at all. It just seems like someone out there just doesn't like the idea that individuals can have an opinion that isn't equal to idea x.

Funny how Parochial school children consistently outperform public-school educated ones academically. ;)

Not true.

Credible proof of such? I'm starting not to like you, person with the same man's avatar.

You made the claim, so it is up to you to provide evidence that what you claim is true.

The evidence is quite abundant, not sure why you chose the opposite position.

Private schools top public in average ACT, SAT scores

Statistics - Secondary school: Private vs. Public

Public Education vs. Private Education

Not true.

For your first two links, not every school takes the ACT or SAT. It is called self-selection bias and makes the data useless.

Unless all schools take the same test, that line of reasoning simply will not work. My son and his best friend who lived next door graduated one year apart from a public and private school respectively. They had comparable GPAs and my neighbor was a public school librarian. They took the SAT at exactly the same time and my son outscored her son by over 300 points, even though he was a year behind. I would never base my comparison on such anecdotal evidence. Why do you?

Your last link actually confirms what I said and disputes your reasoning. Did you bother reading it?

Not true.

For your first two links, not every school takes the ACT or SAT. It is called self-selection bias and makes the data useless.

Unless all schools take the same test, that line of reasoning simply will not work. My son and his best friend who lived next door graduated one year apart from a public and private school respectively. They had comparable GPAs and my neighbor was a public school librarian. They took the SAT at exactly the same time and my son outscored her son by over 300 points, even though he was a year behind. I would never base my comparison on such anecdotal evidence. Why do you?

Your last link actually confirms what I said and disputes your reasoning. Did you bother reading it?

I only skimmed it, this is not a disagreement to invest a lot of time in. ;)

Not true.

In that case, don't comment at all if all you are going to do is spread misinformation.

The Duke would not like that.

Historical Illiteracy and Political Polarization — Acculterated
DeVos has to replace the educational system with one that actually works for students and the country and not to maximize the illiterates the Democrat Party needs to survive

In that case, don't comment at all if all you are going to do is spread misinformation.

I'm not spreading any misinformation pilgrim. That parochial school children do better academically has been common knowledge across the USA all my life. It ain't rocket surgery baby.

Seriously. Are you a public school teacher? If so, I meant no slight, but them's the facts. For you to dispute that is rather odd.

I'm not spreading any misinformation pilgrim. That parochial school children do better academically has been common knowledge across the USA all my life. It ain't rocket surgery baby.

Seriously. Are you a public school teacher? If so, I meant no slight, but them's the facts. For you to dispute that is rather odd.

No, you are just parroting what you have been told by people who enjoy bashing public schools.

For every private school that is good, there is another that commits larceny by stealing the opportunity for an education for children with unsuspecting parents.

I have had to teach kids coming into the public schools from both private schools and homeschooling. Without a doubt, they are the dumbest creatures that God has ever given breath to, and that is saying a lot!

Forum List

Back