How Does the Left Know Hitler Was Bad??

Bonnie said:
Point is in order to have Gray there needs to be black and white as a starting point. In all religions and even secular ideals there is always ethical dimensions, meaning there is always a point at which we start to judge an action as wrong and where we judge actions as good. Religion holds higher standards in these ethics, but they are present every where because that's how society functions, we need something to go on that sets our moral compass. Just because there is disparity as to the degree, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. One person says killing is wrong period, another says only malicious muder is wrong, they are both setting a standard for pure wrong. Even in secular thoughts, there is a standard for being aware that some actions are wrong as should not be done. We as a society are fantastic at justifying our actions by watering them down to shades of gray, "I had to do it because", "I had no choice"...etc still deosn't mean there is no black and white.

Yes I agree to some extent. But I would also say that pure good/evil (black/white) is incredibly rare, most of us will go through our existances never encountering it.

deaddude said:
Yes I agree to some extent. But I would also say that pure good/evil (black/white) is incredibly rare, most of us will go through our existances never encountering it.

If that is true for you then you are lucky and I hope it stays that way for you.

It would be a double edged sword, it would be fortunate never to encounter pure evil, but unfortunate to never encounter absolute good.

Forum List

Back