Open conversation

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by Arabian, Feb 15, 2005.

1. Arabian

Arabian Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Open conversation

Now let's talk more openly
    Now I know that all guys in this room
    Always attack Islam
    And Muhammad PBUH or let us say that you don’t believe in Allah or Muhammad,,
    Now let us make open conversation
    You will say why you don’t believe in Islam??
    Some will say and you tell us why you don’t believe in Jesus?
    And I will say I do believe in all prophets Allah sent

So I win Muhammad but I didn’t lost Jesus or Jacob or Abraham or Mussa ,…….
    Now any one have any question or suspicious,,
    And why you don’t believe that Muhammad PBUH is the last prophet and his word from Allah??
    Or how you see Islam??

And lets don’t spoil this conversation with bad or nasty expression

2. manu1959

manu1959 Left Coast Isolationist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    i belive in both ... however i do not agree with the interpretaions of either extreamist side ... killing all the infidels is stupid...killing all the jews is stupid killing all the muslims is stupid and teaching or expressing such is stupid

3. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,157
    I dont attack Islam. Ill attack the Islamic extemists but I have better things to do than attack Islam.

You have lost Christ though. You dont believe He is the Savior. You dont believe He conquored death as he was prophecied to do. Have you read the Bible? Im curious. How can you claim that you havent lost Jesus, Jacob, Abraham, Moses if you havent studied their teachings in the Bible? Why dont you believe Jesus is who He claimed to be? He claimed to be the Son of God. He is either who He claimed to be or He is a lunatic. You cant deny His claims to Divinity and then say you accept Him.

As for Mohommad, he may have been inspired but I dont think he was a prophet. If he was I think his teaching were corrupted very quickly. Which really wouldnt surprise me considering the Koran, wasnt really written down till after his death. and then wasnt compiled till the caliphate of Uthman the Third Rightly Guided caliph. He compiled it because there were deviant versions of it going around. And I certainly dont think if Mohammad was a prophet he was the last one. Here is why

God has a method of communicating with men. He calls righteous men as Apostles and Prophets who He teaches His Great Plan of Happiness. They teach the people directly and by writing their witnesses down in scriptures for future generations. The people are then invited to go to the Lord and find out for themselves whether that message is true and when they have received their own witness of the Lord they are invited to follow the Gospel and share it with others.

God has been communicating with men that way since the time of Adam. There have been periods of time that men will not listen. but God has always been there communicating directly with men who had faith. He inspired them to do great things.

So the proposition that Mohammad would be the last and final prophet is illogical and contrary to everything God has done before. The proposition that God would wait till him to reveal the Koran which you believe is the ultimate revelation is also illogical. Why would He wait till that point in history? He could have simply given to Adam to pass down. Were those who came before Mohammad unworthy of the blessings of heaven?

Islam leaves alot of questions. How is it God cannot have a Son if He can do anything? You believe that God created the Heavens and the earth, but He can't have a child. How is this logical? You believe that God created all this and send Gabriel to Mohammad yet you think that God cannot become a man and walk among His own creation. Why not?

I suppose thats more of a rhetorical question. I learned for myself that God does have as Son. His name is Jesus. I learned it the same way Peter did. The Lord revealed it to me. Who am I to deny God? in order to accept the Koran I would have to deny the Lord. I could never in honesty follow it. Not because I think Islam is bad, but because I found out for myself that the Gospel is true. I know it, God knows that I know it, I dont dare deny it. There is no where else I could go for such communion.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    1) Islam denies the Trinity and that Christ is the Son of God, therefore, they deny the deity of Christ.

2) Christ said their would be no more prophets after him except for those sent by him. Since Islam denies the deity of Christ, Christ must not have sent Mohammed and therefore, Mohammed is, in my opinion, a false prophet.

5. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    Arabian, I think Avatar answered well. But here's the answer. I believe in Christianity because I believe that the resurrection of Jesus is a historical fact, and that event proved that Jesus was the Son of God.

Mohammed denied the divinity of Jesus. Therefore, his philosophies are opposed to Christianity.

Because Mohammed denies Christ, I believe that his prophecies are false.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. Trigg

Trigg Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +69
    I don't have a problem with Jews, Catholics or Islam as religions. I don't follow it those religions, but I don't have a problem with people who follow them as long as those people respect that I'm Methodist and don't call me and infidel or try to force me to convert.

I have a problem with some aspects of Islam that force women to be second class citizens and withhold education for them. For this reason I would never become a muslum.

Islamic terrorists need to stop blowing things up and accept the fact that not everyone wants to be muslum. We're not stupid infidels that need to be converted, we just have a different religion.

You can sit there and type that Mohammed is the last prophet until your blue in the face. I and many people here don't believe that and nothing you type is going to change that. That is why people have different religions, they believe different things.

7. Avatar4321

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,157
    Personally, I dont have a problem with them wanting and trying to convert us. Its only natural if they believe that God has given them a message. My problem stems with the extemists trying to kill us and other innocent people and trying to rule over us by force.

8. Trigg

Trigg Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +69
    Arabian,

Why do you posts questions like this and then disappear for days at a time?

It's hard to have a conversation that way.

9. Eightball

Eightball Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +252
    What was the way that a false prophet could be determined, and how could a true prophet be determined?

For one thing......after the coming of Christ, the determination was based on how the prophet handled the "Jesus" question.........or the, "Who do you believe Jesus is?" question.

Islam says, that Jesus is merely a prophet, Jehovah's Witnesses say Jesus was merely a created being/angel by the name of Michael, Mormons say, that Jesus the one of many Gods, and was actually the physical brother of Lucifer.

Now how does all of these descriptions of Jesus line up with the Bible.......mainly the New Testament?

Jesus warned, that there will be many who will come and claim to have the truth.

Does the Koran reveal the attributes of the God that is described in the Bible?

Jesus was revealed as God in the flesh........in the first chapter of John......Jesus's attributes were a revealing of God's attributes.........Now how does the Koran describe.........God/Allah.......is there a difference?

Mohammed came roughly 600 years after Jesus's ascension. Founding, Mormon Prophet, Joseph Smith Jr. came on the scene roughtly 1,850 years after Jesus's ascension. Both alleged prophets authored books proclaiming God's/Allah's inspiration.

Was the bible somehow incomplete, and needed adendums? Is God so inept that He through Jesus, that he needed to send additional prophets to straighten out things? Mormons claim that the bible is inaccurate, because of the many years of transcribing it from hand to hand has caused it to become corrupted or incomplete, and thus the Book of Mormon, and the Journal of Discourses, etc.etc. were needed to fix things.

Well, folks, if God can't protect His scripture and pass it down through the ages as He wants it presented, then He's a pretty weak God, and I don't want any part of His revelations.

On the other hand, if God is Omniscient, and Omnipotent.....then He should have no problem keeping His revelation to mankind intact. That's where my vote resides?

The discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls revealed that Isaiah, a Old Testament book has not changed one bit through the more than 2,000 years of transcribing to the present day Bible. Isaiah was found nearly, complete except for a few portions of verses with the Dead Sea scrolls, and our 2005 version of it is "dead on" in accuracy.

This in and of itself is a miracle.........over 2,000 years of transcribing and "Voila" we have the same verbatim book.

Now the Book of Mormon has only been in print for a little over 100 years, and it has gone through myriads of corrections/changes.

I'm not here trying to slam other religions, but to put a focus on the initial thread intent. Is Mohammed a true prophet? If you are a bible believing person, you would have to say, No. Mohammed denies Jesus's Virgin birth, and more pointedly, Jesus's crucifixion, and ressurrection.

In addition the Koran's determination that all who do not accept Islam must be put to death, is also a contradiction of Jesus's teaching and nature as revealed in the bible.

10. Avatar4321

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,157
    I think he might not have computer access all of the time. he will be back. the beauty of message boards is we can always continue the conversation whenever.