How Does A Political Party Justify Thumping Their Bibles While Starving The Poor?

Jesus didn't say anything about the church. Read this carefully:

41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

42For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

43I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

44Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

45Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

46And these shall go away into everlasting punishment:
but the righteous into life eternal.

AND QUIT LEAVING MY WORK OUT OF THE POST:

ENOUGH SPAMMING THESE IMAGES!

~Oddball

Yes, he did.

But where does he say for us to despise the rich and that the church should not own property.

LOL.....I think there's a lot he didn't say but only a blind man can fail to see what he did say:

Matthew 6:19
"Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal"

Matthew 19:23-24
"Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven. And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God."

Mark 8:36-37
"For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?"

Mark 10:24
"how hard is it for them that trust in riches to enter into the kingdom of God!"
Mark 10:24"

James 5:1-7
"Go to now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you. Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are motheaten. Your gold and silver is cankered; and the rust of them shall be a witness against you, and shall eat your flesh as it were fire."

1 John 2:15
"Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him"

Matthew 6:25
"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?"

Matthew 19:21
"Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

Matthew 5:48
"Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect"

All those versus and not one of them has Christ telling us to despise the rich.

Jesus' main message in the new testament was to despise the rich and care for the poor. Talk about confused!!

Jesus teaches us to despise Progressives...or something like that. Like you I never bothered reading anything he said so I'm free to misinterpret and make up stupid shit

Jesus' main message in the new testament was to despise the rich and care for the poor. Talk about confused!!

Jesus teaches us to despise Progressives...or something like that. Like you I never bothered reading anything he said so I'm free to misinterpret and make up stupid shit

Actually making up stupid shit never has been my game. I prove by verbiage and reference everything I post. Did you read it or do you really care?

"Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal"

"Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven. And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God."

"For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?"

"how hard is it for them that trust in riches to enter into the kingdom of God!"

"Go to now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you. Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are motheaten. Your gold and silver is cankered; and the rust of them shall be a witness against you, and shall eat your flesh as it were fire."

"Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him"

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?"

"Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

Now.......why don't you explain to me Why the church owns more real property than any other entity in the world other than the governments while nearly a billion, mostly children starve and suffer from malnutrition?

XXXXXXX-Meister

Last edited:

Actually making up stupid shit never has been my game. I prove by verbiage and reference everything I post. Did you read it or do you really care?

Now.......why don't you explain to me Why the church owns more real property than any other entity in the world other than the governments while nearly a billion, mostly children starve and suffer from malnutrition?

* * * [NOTE: All of Dummmbell's images deleted, which Dummmbell ought not have even included after a mod told him to stop. But Dummmbell is a dumb bell so, he can learn the hard way. In fact, for a dopey old turn like him, the hard way he could ever learn anything.]

The basic message here remains: not one of Dummbell's quotes comes even remotely close to proving his pointless.

* * * [NOTE: All of Dummmbell's images deleted, which Dummmbell ought not have even included after a mod told him to stop. But Dummmbell is a dumb bell so, he can learn the hard way. In fact, for a dopey old turn like him, the hard way he could ever learn anything.]

The basic message here remains: not one of Dummbell's quotes comes even remotely close to proving his pointless.

When all you can do is continue to deny the obviousXXXXX-Meister

Bye Bye Ass Holes

When all you can do is continue to deny the obvious.......phuck you and the moderator!!!

Bye Bye Ass Holes

I think you're confused. You're denying the obvious: That Christ never told anyone to despite the rich. In fact, He specifically commanded us to love our neighbors and our enemies. He didn't say love them unless they are rich, then you should despise them. If He had, you would be able to find a verse that supports your viewpoint.

Two points.

1. You of course lack any knowledge of what the New Test, message is because it doesn't tell us to despise the rich, and though we are told to care for the poor, we are COMMANDED to care for our own families first, and we are NOT told to care for those that can work but won't work, as a matter of fact we are told if you will not work, you shall not eat in the New Test.

2. How do the left in this nation justify say Republicans don't care about the poor when ALL statistics show we give much more than the left to charities that take care of the poor. The left seems to be quite happy with the govt talking my money to give to the poor while all the statistics show the left is quite stingy with their own money when it comes to giving it to the poor?

Talk about confused

I don't like you coming along and hiding my work:

Jesus whole message was summarized in His teaching that you should "care for the least of these".

Anybody with one eye and half sense knows that the Republican party fondles it's bible and solicits support from thumpers.

Why don't you explain to me Why the church owns more real property than any other entity in the world other than the governments while nearly a billion, mostly children starve and suffer from malnutrition?

[]

No, Jesus' whole message can be summed up by the very first words He started His public ministry with. "Repent! for the Kingdom of Heaven is near". EVERYTHING else revolves around this, which was his central message. As for why the Vatican owns more property than any other entity in the world while kids starve, I don't know, and not being a idolatrous papist, I don't let it bother me. They'll have to answer to the Lord for that, not I. Anybody with half a brain knows the liberals are cheap bastards when it comes to giving their own money to charitable causes but whine and cry that we, meaning not them but the TAX PAYER, should do more, just because they're soliciting votes from the minorities at no cost to themselves.

The Old Testament is so revealing when Jehovah commands us to take care of the widow, the orphan, the stranger.

Tithing began not to the Church, this was the Old Testament after all, tithing first began in honor of our Lord as He commands us.

Then basically He says you can party down with your bounty but here are some rules.

I love this. Jehovah is very specific. Hey He's God right?

God mentions the third year - "the year of tithing" again:

Deu.26:12 (God's commandment to the Israelites) "When you have finished laying aside all the tithe of your increase IN THE THIRD YEAR - THE YEAR OF TITHING - and have given it to the LEVITE, the STRANGER, the FATHERLESS and the WIDOW, so that they may eat within your gates and be filled..."

THIS is the portion of the tithes that is actually GIVEN AWAY by the Israelites - one tenth of their income of every THIRD year, not of every year - and this portion is not taken to the place of worship, but to one of the storehouses within the tribal land.

Deu 26:13-14 "...then you shall say before the Lord your God: 'I have removed the holy tithes from my house, and have given them to the Levite, the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow, ACCORDING TO ALL YOUR COMMANDMENTS which You have commanded me... nor have I removed any of it for an unclean use... I have obeyed the voice of the Lord my God, and have done ACCORDING TO ALL THAT YOU HAVE COMMANDED ME."

Never once in the WORD have I read that I should despise the rich and the wealthy. You are a liar Cammpbell. I have read both Testaments many times.

You fail again in your hatred for Christ and Jehovah. You fail. You accuse. You cannot back up any thing you say from the WORD.

Not one quote that you provided commands us to despise the rich.

FAIL.

He doesn't want to admit that. He is a very proud man.

I find it strange that one wishes to attempt to debate Christianity using the WORD but then when backed into a corner with the rest of us being loaded for bear with scripture in context still refuses to accept these facts as we know them.

Odd. I find it particularly bizarre when there are those who argue Christianity from the Old T.

Quoting Leviticus and Matthew in the same breath makes no sense at all. I can only chalk it up to true ignorance of the history of the WORD and people not understanding the centuries of its written WORD.

Then that's the issue. He isnt here to debate. he is here to justify his own lack of belief. He can't argue the scriptures in context because he either doesnt know them in context or refuses to admit to what they say in context. If he did that he would have to reexamine his disbelief. Because any honest discussion shows him to be wrong.

Then that's the issue. He isnt here to debate. he is here to justify his own lack of belief. He can't argue the scriptures in context because he either doesnt know them in context or refuses to admit to what they say in context. If he did that he would have to reexamine his disbelief. Because any honest discussion shows him to be wrong.

Truth.

Just one time I was in a discussion with a Hitchen's follower of atheism. :D Which unto itself has become a religion which really makes it too funny.

I asked the young man to explain to me the hummingbird. I asked him please link Darwin's theory of evolution to the ruby throated hummingbird.

He could not. Now I cannot take credit for this argument. This argument was first put forward between two brothers. Peter Hitchens the Christian versus Christopher Hitchens the athiest.

No one can explain the ruby throated hummingbird in Darwin. I can explain it. And so did Peter. In one word.

"Jehovah".

Forum List

Back