How Does A Political Party Justify Thumping Their Bibles While Starving The Poor?

Two points.

1. You of course lack any knowledge of what the New Test, message is because it doesn't tell us to despise the rich, and though we are told to care for the poor, we are COMMANDED to care for our own families first, and we are NOT told to care for those that can work but won't work, as a matter of fact we are told if you will not work, you shall not eat in the New Test.

2. How do the left in this nation justify say Republicans don't care about the poor when ALL statistics show we give much more than the left to charities that take care of the poor. The left seems to be quite happy with the govt talking my money to give to the poor while all the statistics show the left is quite stingy with their own money when it comes to giving it to the poor?

Talk about confused

I don't like you coming along and hiding my work:

Jesus whole message was summarized in His teaching that you should "care for the least of these".

Anybody with one eye and half sense knows that the Republican party fondles it's bible and solicits support from thumpers.

Why don't you explain to me Why the church owns more real property than any other entity in the world other than the governments while nearly a billion, mostly children starve and suffer from malnutrition?

Pope-Gold-Pearls.jpg

1479144-Vatican_City_Vatican_City.jpg

st-peter-square-in-rome.jpg

salt-lake-mormon-temple.jpg

Angkor_wat_Cambodia_Largest_Religious_Temple.jpg

FirstBaptistOrlando6.jpg

carracci-farnese.jpg

Stained_Glass_Window,_St_Hilda's_Church,_Ampleforth.jpg

10 For even when we were with you, we commanded you this: If anyone will not work, neither shall he eat.

2 Thessalonians 3:10 (NKJV)

Jesus said, "The poor you will always have with you, but you will not always have me."

LMAO!!!!!!

God gave Noah precise instructions on how to build the ark..."It is to be of gopher wood, smeared inside and out with pitch, with three decks and internal compartments; it will be 300 cubits long, 50 wide, and 30 high; it will have a roof "finished to a cubit upward", and an entrance on the side."

A little news for you. There's not a word in the new testament about a church...not one. Greedy, arroigant, egotistical mankind has prevailed in this world too long. He hunts excuses for the way his greed can flourish and not once does he really think about the poor.

Instead of paying any attention to that a modern Christian in the United States drops by his or her local church building and leaves a few dollars each week and listens to some free loader's expansion of a bible verse which took him about 45 minutes to prepare and less than that if he had preached it before. Then they go about their business for the other 98%of their week with a clean conscience.

This is the good part. The money they leave there goes to pay for buildings, building expansions, carpeting, oak or mahagony pews, stained glass, expensive musical instruments and sound systems, vacation bible school, youth programs for the children of members, preacher's salary and travel expenses, religious retreats, a percentage for their convention or denomination headquarters, missionary work to brainwash children in other countries and change their culture, etc. THE POOR BE DAMNED!

Like everything else mankind has ever got control of he has screwed up in his own favor.

LMAO!!!!!!

God gave Noah precise instructions on how to build the ark..."It is to be of gopher wood, smeared inside and out with pitch, with three decks and internal compartments; it will be 300 cubits long, 50 wide, and 30 high; it will have a roof "finished to a cubit upward", and an entrance on the side."

A little news for you. There's not a word in the new testament about a church...not one. Greedy, arroigant, egotistical mankind has prevailed in this world too long. He hunts excuses for the way his greed can flourish and not once does he really think about the poor.

Instead of paying any attention to that a modern Christian in the United States drops by his or her local church building and leaves a few dollars each week and listens to some free loader's expansion of a bible verse which took him about 45 minutes to prepare and less than that if he had preached it before. Then they go about their business for the other 98%of their week with a clean conscience.

This is the good part. The money they leave there goes to pay for buildings, building expansions, carpeting, oak or mahagony pews, stained glass, expensive musical instruments and sound systems, vacation bible school, youth programs for the children of members, preacher's salary and travel expenses, religious retreats, a percentage for their convention or denomination headquarters, missionary work to brainwash children in other countries and change their culture, etc. THE POOR BE DAMNED!

Like everything else mankind has ever got control of he has screwed up in his own favor.

Local churches mentioned in the Bible:
Antioch, Pisidia: Acts 13:14; Gal 1:2
Antioch, Syria: Acts 11:26 (Paul's home base)
Athens: Acts 17:34
Babylon: 1 Peter 5:13; Acts 2:9
Berea: Acts 17:11
Caesarea: Acts 10:1,48
Cenchrea: Rom 16:1
Colossae: Col 1:2
Corinth: Acts 18:1
Crete: Titus 1:5
Cyrene: Acts 11:20
Damascus: Acts 9:19
Derbe: Acts 14:20; Gal 1:2
Ephesus: Acts 18:19
Hierapolis Col 4:13
Iconium: Acts 14:1; Gal 1:2
Jerusalem: Acts 2:5
Joppa: Acts 9:36, 38
Laodicea: Rev 1:11, Col 4:15
Lydda: Acts 9:32
Lystra: Acts 14:6; Gal 1:2
Pergamum: Rev 1:11
Philadelphia: Rev 1:11
Philippi: Acts 16:12
Puteoli, Italy: Acts 28:13-14
Rome: Rom 1:7
Sardis: Rev 1:11
Sharon: Acts 9:35
Smyrna: Rev 1:11
Tarsus: Acts 9:30
Thessalonica: Acts 17:1
Thyatira: Rev 1:11; Acts 16:14
Troas: Acts 20:6-7
Regions of churches:

Region of Phoencia: Acts 11:19
Region of Samaria: Acts 8:14, 25
Churches of Judea: Gal 1:22
Churches of Galatia: Gal 1:2
Churches of Asia: 1 Cor 16:19
Churches of Macedonia: 2 Cor 8:1

Last edited:
Jesus' main message in the new testament was to despise the rich and care for the poor. Talk about confused!!

How on earth do you get "Despise" anyone in a message about loving your neighbor?

And how on earth did you conclude that politicla parties are supposed to help the poor? Why don't you get off your butt and do it yourself?

Jesus whole message was summarized in His teaching that you should "care for the least of these".

Anybody with one eye and half sense knows that the Republican party fondles it's bible and solicits support from thumpers.

Why don't you explain to me Why the church owns more real property than any other entity in the world other than the governments while nearly a billion, mostly children starve and suffer from malnutrition?

Jesus's whole message was summarized in teaching you should "care for the least of these"? No. That's not Christ's message at all. Christ's message is that through the Atonement and Resurrection we can overcome sin and death and thus become born again of the Spirit. We can be new people. Our lives don't have to be full of pain and bitterness, but through Christ we can find joy.

Taking care of others is one of the things we are called to do as new creatures born of God. Our assistance to the less fortunate is a outward manifestation of the Spiritual rebirth. It's not the main message but one of many fruits of that message.

If you think that the main message of the Gospel is help the poor, than you don't understand the Gospel.

See it's the world that tries to change men by changing their environement. Such changes include using man made government to "force" people do good. But Christ doesn't try to change people by changing the environment. He changes their inner soul. He gives people peace, joy, hope, etc. He gives them a new life and after giving them a new life they change their own environment. The Spirit helps them see needs around them and they act upon those promptings.

Does it bother you at all that you are making the same Argument Judas Iscariot did?

I don't like you coming along and hiding my work:

]

Already responded. Why are you ignoring the responses you don't like?

Who despises the poor? The candidate who has spend his life ministering to the needs of others (Romney) or the candidate who won't even help his own brother? (Obama)

Which party cares more about the poor? Those who are engaged in improving and uplifting the lives of people through their personal work and ministries or the one that expects the government to take care of all that stuff?

Oh, and if government got out of the way, Christians of all denominations would be much more effective in taking care of the needy

You can't be taking this LOLberal serious, Avatar. I'm not big on religions myself. But even I know that Campbell is blowing smoke out of his ass here. I hope he can be forgiven by his chosen god for being such a misguied fool and liar.

How on earth do you get "Despise" anyone in a message about loving your neighbor?

And how on earth did you conclude that politicla parties are supposed to help the poor? Why don't you get off your butt and do it yourself?

Jesus's whole message was summarized in teaching you should "care for the least of these"? No. That's not Christ's message at all. Christ's message is that through the Atonement and Resurrection we can overcome sin and death and thus become born again of the Spirit. We can be new people. Our lives don't have to be full of pain and bitterness, but through Christ we can find joy.

Taking care of others is one of the things we are called to do as new creatures born of God. Our assistance to the less fortunate is a outward manifestation of the Spiritual rebirth. It's not the main message but one of many fruits of that message.

If you think that the main message of the Gospel is help the poor, than you don't understand the Gospel.

See it's the world that tries to change men by changing their environement. Such changes include using man made government to "force" people do good. But Christ doesn't try to change people by changing the environment. He changes their inner soul. He gives people peace, joy, hope, etc. He gives them a new life and after giving them a new life they change their own environment. The Spirit helps them see needs around them and they act upon those promptings.

Does it bother you at all that you are making the same Argument Judas Iscariot did?

Very typical Christians....especially those in America. Jesus was just kiddin' when he said:

(Matthew-Chapter-25)

34Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

35For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

36Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

42For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

43I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

44Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

45Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

46And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Very typical Christians....especially those in America. Jesus was just kiddin' when he said:

(Matthew-Chapter-25)

34Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

35For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

36Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

40And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

42For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

43I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

44Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

45Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

46And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

You realize you haven't refuted a thing I've said right?

The central message of the Gospel is still the Atonement and Resurrection of Jesus Christ empowering people to change their lives. Doing good to others is still just a fruit of that.

What I find interesting about types like you. You don't cite that because you want to help the poor. You cite the scripture to justify using force to oppress people and rob them blind for your own personal gratification.

Like many others, you wont actually help the poor. You just want to pretend to help the poor to empower government to commit injustice against the people you claim to want to help.

Then took Mary a pound of ointment of spikenard, very costly, and anointed the feet of Jesus, and wiped his feet with her hair: and the house was filled with the odour of the ointment.

Then saith one of his disciples, Judas Iscariot, Simon’s son, which should betray him,

Why was not this ointment sold for three hundred pence, and given to the poor?

This he said, not that he cared for the poor; but because he was a thief, and had the bag, and bare what was put therein.

Then said Jesus, Let her alone: against the day of my burying hath she kept this.

For the poor always ye have with you; but me ye have not always. (John 12:2-8)

You think the scriptures are a joke, but they expose you for exactly what you are.

You can't be taking this LOLberal serious, Avatar. I'm not big on religions myself. But even I know that Campbell is blowing smoke out of his ass here. I hope he can be forgiven by his chosen god for being such a misguied fool and liar.

I dont have to take him seriously to correct him and reach out to him and others reading with correct information.

(Matthew-Chapter-25)

The central message of the Gospel is still the Atonement and Resurrection of Jesus Christ empowering people to change their lives. Doing good to others is still just a fruit of that.

What I find interesting about types like you. You don't cite that because you want to help the poor. You cite the scripture to justify using force to oppress people and rob them blind for your own personal gratification.

Like many others, you wont actually help the poor. You just want to pretend to help the poor to empower government to commit injustice against the people you claim to want to help.

Then took Mary a pound of ointment of spikenard, very costly, and anointed the feet of Jesus, and wiped his feet with her hair: and the house was filled with the odour of the ointment.

Then saith one of his disciples, Judas Iscariot, Simon’s son, which should betray him,

This he said, not that he cared for the poor; but because he was a thief, and had the bag, and bare what was put therein.

Then said Jesus, Let her alone: against the day of my burying hath she kept this.

You think the scriptures are a joke, but they expose you for exactly what you are.

What You've Just Proven Is That You Either Cannot Read Or You're In Denial. What Jesus Said Is What He Said!!

I think you need another look at this shit:

Last edited:
Cammmpbell,

How does it feel to be exposed as the liar you are?

I noticed after I proven you to be a liar, you didn't respond back.

You started this thread with a lie and have lied all the way through it. Why should anyone take you seriously?

Cammmpbell,

You started this thread with a lie and have lied all the way through it. Why should anyone take you seriously?

Like I've said repeatedly....I know I'm on top when all someone can do is call me names.

Cammmpbell,

Like I've said repeatedly....I know I'm on top when all someone can do is call me names.

Why don't you explain to me Why the church owns more real property than any other entity in the world other than the governments while nearly a billion, mostly children starve and suffer from malnutrition?[/IMG]

Calling you a liar isn't name calling. It's stating the obvious.

Actually, there are quite a few verses in the Bible regrading helping the poor. Here are just a few.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If there is a poor man among your brothers in any of the towns of the land that the LORD your God is giving you, do not be hardhearted or tightfisted toward your poor brother." Deuteronomy 15:7

There will always be poor people in the land. Therefore I command you to be openhanded toward your brothers and toward the poor and needy in your land." Deuteronomy 15:11

For he will deliver the needy who cry out, the afflicted who have no one to help. He will take pity on the weak and the needy and save the needy from death." Psalm 72:12-13

"Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless; maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed. Rescue the weak and needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked." Psalm 82:3-4

"He has scattered abroad his gifts to the poor, his righteousness endures forever; his horn will be lifted high in honor." Psalm 112:9

"Better to be lowly in spirit and among the oppressed than to share plunder with the proud." Proverbs 16:19

"He who mocks the poor shows contempt for their Maker; whoever gloats over disaster will not go unpunished." Proverbs 17:5

"Learn to do right! Seek justice, encourage the oppressed. Defend the cause of the fatherless, plead the case of the widow." Isaiah 1:17

"The scoundrel's methods are wicked, he makes up evil schemes to destroy the poor with lies, even when the plea of the needy is just." Isaiah 32:7

"(They) have grown fat and sleek. Their evil deeds have no limit; they do not plead the case of the fatherless to win it, they do not defend the rights of the poor." Jeremiah 5:28

"Do not oppress the widow or the fatherless, the alien or the poor. In your hearts do not think evil of each other." Zechariah 7:10

"Jesus answered, If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.'" Matthew 19:21

"Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will not be exhausted, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys." Luke 12:33

"Suppose a man comes into your meeting wearing a gold ring and fine clothes, and a poor man in shabby clothes also comes in. If you show special attention to the man wearing fine clothes and say, 'Here's a good seat for you,' but say to the poor man, 'You stand there' or 'Sit on the floor by my feet,' have you not discriminated among yourselves and becomes judges with evil thoughts? Listen, my dear brothers: Has not God chosen those who are poor in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith and to inherit the kingdom He promised those who love Him? But you have insulted the poor. Is it not the rich who are exploiting you? Are they not the ones who are dragging you into court?" James 2:2-6

"If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him? Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth." 1 John 3:17-18

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

There are many more verses in the Bible that instruct believers to take care of the poor. I guess I thought every person who believed in God and took their religion seriously knew this.
Instead, I see some here on these boards get all riled up about the poor being leeches, lazy;etc and then in another thread get all worked up about how the other side is trying to destroy Christianity.

and in each one of those I would mention they state personal responsibilty toward helping others- not to push that responsibilty off onto a government. Is not allowing the government to do what we ourselves should be doing, a way of removing the personal out of it, and an attempt to dissuade ones own guilt of not becoming personally involved?

Cammmpbell,

I will as soon as you show me where Jesus told us to despise the rich and where Jesus says the church cannot own property.

Cammmpbell,

I will as soon as you show me where Jesus told us to despise the rich and where Jesus says the church cannot own property.

Jesus didn't say anything about the church. Read this carefully:

46And these shall go away into everlasting punishment:
but the righteous into life eternal.

AND QUIT LEAVING MY WORK OUT OF THE POST:

ENOUGH SPAMMING THESE IMAGES!

~Oddball

Last edited:

(Matthew-Chapter-25)

What You've Just Proven Is That You Either Cannot Read Or You're In Denial. What Jesus Said Is What He Said!!

Except, im the one who is accepting what Jesus said. You are the one ignoring it.

BTW reposting the same stuff that has already been addressed doesnt make it any more valid the 5th time around than it was the first.

The spiritual requirement to help the less fortunate does not impose that obligation on all citizens THROUGH the government.

That is the germ thought of why Dummmbell's thread and "thinking" are such monumental fails.

The spiritual requirement to help the less fortunate does not impose that obligation on all citizens THROUGH the government.

That is the germ thought of why Dummmbell's thread and "thinking" are such monumental fails.

That's the crux of the matter. He thinks that Christ telling us to minister to others means that he as a non-believer has the right to rob his neighbor in order to provide himself with a government program. That's not what Christ said at all.

~Oddball

Yes, he did.

But where does he say for us to despise the rich and that the church should not own property.

~Oddball

Yes, he did.

But where does he say for us to despise the rich and that the church should not own property.

LOL.....I think there's a lot he didn't say but only a blind man can fail to see what he did say:

Matthew 6:19
"Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal"

Matthew 19:23-24
"Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven. And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God."

Mark 8:36-37
"For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?"

Mark 10:24
"how hard is it for them that trust in riches to enter into the kingdom of God!"

James 5:1-7
"Go to now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you. Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are motheaten. Your gold and silver is cankered; and the rust of them shall be a witness against you, and shall eat your flesh as it were fire."

1 John 2:15
"Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him"

Matthew 6:25
"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?"

Matthew 19:21
"Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

Matthew 5:48
"Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect"

Last edited:

Forum List

Back