How Does A Political Party Justify Thumping Their Bibles While Starving The Poor?

Jesus' main message in the new testament was to despise the rich and care for the poor. Talk about confused!!

How do you justify lying?

Jesus' main message was the good news Kingdom of God is at hand, which is why it is called the Gospel of Jesus.

What happened to Turn The Other Cheek, Walk The Extra Mile, Do Unto Others As You Would Have Them Do Unto You, Love Thy Neighbor, Love Thine Enemies, Pray For Those Who Curse And Despise You, If Sued In Court For Coat Voluntarily Give Cloak, Sell What You Have And Give It To The Poor etc.? Don't forget Be Ye Therefore Perfect Even As The Father In Heaven Is Perfect.

That was part of the and parcel of the Gospel.

Jesus' main message in the new testament was to despise the rich and care for the poor. Talk about confused!!

Gotta quote from Jesus where He says we should 'despise the rich'.

You are so stupid, it staggers the imagination that you have managed to live day to day. I assume it's some 'care in the community' thing... funded, no doubt, by a church.

You are without a doubt the most brainwashed human I've ever met and I've run into some doozies.

Luke 16:19-31

The Rich Man and Lazarus

19 “There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. 20 At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores 21 and longing to eat what fell from the rich man’s table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores.

22 “The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side. The rich man also died and was buried. 23 In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. 24 So he called to him, ‘Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.’

25 “But Abraham replied, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. 26 And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been set in place, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.’

27 “He answered, ‘Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my family, 28 for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’

29 “Abraham replied, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’

30 “‘No, father Abraham,’ he said, ‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’

31 “He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’”

Last edited:

Jesus had no such "main message."

You are indeed confused. Or just a deliberate liar.

Gotta go with option 2, you doink.

I can always tell when somebody is hopelessly wrapped up in their ignorance. They start calling names. Go to some calm, quiet place, sit down, get comfortable then fuck yourself.

Last edited:

I can always tell when somebody is hopelessly wrapped up in their ignorance. They start calling names. Go to some calm, quiet place, sit down and fuck yourself.

You have yet to show where Jesus tells us to despise rich people.

The Bible doesn't say that either.

It doesn't say the rich must help the poor or else.

The whole point Jesus was making especially with his statement, "it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven..etc.." is to warn those that possessed wealth not to be possessed by their wealth. And that a rich man could not be saved by human effort, only by divine intervention.

Fact is God wants us all to be prosperous. And as Jesus has stated the poor will always be among us.

"I wish above all things that thou mayest PROSPER and be in health," says God thru John.

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the council of the ungodly, . . . but his delight is in the LAW OF THE ETERNAL; . . . whatsoever be does shall PROSPER." (Psalm 1:1-3).

"And the Eternal was with Joseph, and he was a prosperous man; ... the Eternal made all that he did to prosper in his hand." (Gen. 39:2, 3). Joseph SERVED GOD! (verse 4).

"For the Eternal God is a sun and shield: the Eternal will give grace and glory; no good thing will He withhold from them that walketh uprightly. O Lord of Hosts, blessed is the man that trusteth in thee." (Ps. 84:11, 12).

"The righteous shall FLOURISH like the palm tree: he shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon." (Ps. 92:12).

edit:

God's good friend Abraham was very rich . Job, Isaac, Jacob/Israel, Joseph, David, Solomon — all loaded.

So to say God didn't think well of rich people is a flat out lie.

Oh?

"He who mocks the poor shows contempt for their Maker; whoever gloats over disaster will not go unpunished." Proverbs 17:5

"If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered."
-Proverbs 21:13

"He who gives to the poor will lack nothing, but he who closes his eyes to them receives many curses."
-Proverbs 28:27

Where exactly is he saying anything about a "rich" man.

Anyone of any station in life is capable of mocking the poor of gloating over disasters.

Isaac:
Then Isaac sowed in that land, and received in the same year an hundredfold: and the LORD blessed him. And the man waxed great, and went forward, and grew until he became very great: For he had possession of flocks, and possession of herds, and great store of servants: and the Philistines envied him. – Genesis 26:12-14

Jehoshaphat:
Therefore the LORD established the kingdom in his hand; and all Judah brought to Jehoshaphat presents; and he had riches and honour in abundance. – 2 Chronicles 17:5

Joseph of Arimathaea, a disciple of Jesus:
When the even was come, there came a rich man of Arimathaea, named Joseph, who also himself was Jesus' disciple: He went to Pilate, and begged the body of Jesus. Then Pilate commanded the body to be delivered. - Matthew 27:57

Hezekiah:
Notwithstanding Hezekiah humbled himself for the pride of his heart, both he and the inhabitants of Jerusalem, so that the wrath of the LORD came not upon them in the days of Hezekiah. And Hezekiah had exceeding much riches and honour: and he made himself treasuries for silver, and for gold, and for precious stones, and for spices, and for shields, and for all manner of pleasant jewels; Storehouses also for the increase of corn, and wine, and oil; and stalls for all manner of beasts, and cotes for flocks. - 2 Chronicles 32:26-28

Jacob:
And Esau took his wives, and his sons, and his daughters, and all the persons of his house, and his cattle, and all his beasts, and all his substance, which he had got in the land of Canaan; and went into the country from the face of his brother Jacob. For their riches were more than that they might dwell together; and the land wherein they were strangers could not bear them because of their cattle. – Genesis 36:6-7

Abraham:
And the LORD hath blessed my master greatly; and he is become great: and he hath given him flocks, and herds, and silver, and gold, and menservants, and maidservants, and camels, and asses. – Genesis 24:35

All from the old testament. You remember that fairy tale:

1) Mankind and dinosaurs on a boat till nearly four mile deep waters receded/evaporated

2) Big fish puking up live men

3) Men enduring a 1200 degree furnace

4) Seas opening long enough for the white hats to pass then drowning the bad guys

5) Stone walls falling on command

6) Evil people turned into salt

7) The sun blacked out by an invisible man in the sky

And most important....the entire universe created in six days on Mon-Sat about 6000 years ago.

Last edited:
The Bible doesn't say that either.

It doesn't say the rich must help the poor or else.

The whole point Jesus was making especially with his statement, "it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven..etc.." is to warn those that possessed wealth not to be possessed by their wealth. And that a rich man could not be saved by human effort, only by divine intervention.

Fact is God wants us all to be prosperous. And as Jesus has stated the poor will always be among us.

"I wish above all things that thou mayest PROSPER and be in health," says God thru John.

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the council of the ungodly, . . . but his delight is in the LAW OF THE ETERNAL; . . . whatsoever be does shall PROSPER." (Psalm 1:1-3).

"And the Eternal was with Joseph, and he was a prosperous man; ... the Eternal made all that he did to prosper in his hand." (Gen. 39:2, 3). Joseph SERVED GOD! (verse 4).

"For the Eternal God is a sun and shield: the Eternal will give grace and glory; no good thing will He withhold from them that walketh uprightly. O Lord of Hosts, blessed is the man that trusteth in thee." (Ps. 84:11, 12).

"The righteous shall FLOURISH like the palm tree: he shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon." (Ps. 92:12).

edit:

God's good friend Abraham was very rich . Job, Isaac, Jacob/Israel, Joseph, David, Solomon — all loaded.

So to say God didn't think well of rich people is a flat out lie.

Oh?

"He who mocks the poor shows contempt for their Maker; whoever gloats over disaster will not go unpunished." Proverbs 17:5

"If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered."

"He who gives to the poor will lack nothing, but he who closes his eyes to them receives many curses."

Anyone of any station in life is capable of mocking the poor of gloating over disasters.

Isaac:
Then Isaac sowed in that land, and received in the same year an hundredfold: and the LORD blessed him. And the man waxed great, and went forward, and grew until he became very great: For he had possession of flocks, and possession of herds, and great store of servants: and the Philistines envied him. – Genesis 26:12-14

Jehoshaphat:
Therefore the LORD established the kingdom in his hand; and all Judah brought to Jehoshaphat presents; and he had riches and honour in abundance. – 2 Chronicles 17:5

When the even was come, there came a rich man of Arimathaea, named Joseph, who also himself was Jesus' disciple: He went to Pilate, and begged the body of Jesus. Then Pilate commanded the body to be delivered. - Matthew 27:57

Hezekiah:
Notwithstanding Hezekiah humbled himself for the pride of his heart, both he and the inhabitants of Jerusalem, so that the wrath of the LORD came not upon them in the days of Hezekiah. And Hezekiah had exceeding much riches and honour: and he made himself treasuries for silver, and for gold, and for precious stones, and for spices, and for shields, and for all manner of pleasant jewels; Storehouses also for the increase of corn, and wine, and oil; and stalls for all manner of beasts, and cotes for flocks. - 2 Chronicles 32:26-28

Jacob:
And Esau took his wives, and his sons, and his daughters, and all the persons of his house, and his cattle, and all his beasts, and all his substance, which he had got in the land of Canaan; and went into the country from the face of his brother Jacob. For their riches were more than that they might dwell together; and the land wherein they were strangers could not bear them because of their cattle. – Genesis 36:6-7

Abraham:
And the LORD hath blessed my master greatly; and he is become great: and he hath given him flocks, and herds, and silver, and gold, and menservants, and maidservants, and camels, and asses. – Genesis 24:35

I'd say the word of God includes the rich as well as everyone else. No?

My favorite is this one: "Suppose a man comes into your meeting wearing a gold ring and fine clothes, and a poor man in shabby clothes also comes in. If you show special attention to the man wearing fine clothes and say, 'Here's a good seat for you,' but say to the poor man, 'You stand there' or 'Sit on the floor by my feet,' have you not discriminated among yourselves and becomes judges with evil thoughts? Listen, my dear brothers: Has not God chosen those who are poor in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith and to inherit the kingdom He promised those who love Him? But you have insulted the poor. Is it not the rich who are exploiting you? Are they not the ones who are dragging you into court?" James 2:2-6

Man do we see alot of that on these boards.

Oh?

Isaac:

Jehoshaphat:

Hezekiah:

Jacob:

Abraham:

I'd say the word of God includes the rich as well as everyone else. No?

My favorite is this one: "Suppose a man comes into your meeting wearing a gold ring and fine clothes, and a poor man in shabby clothes also comes in. If you show special attention to the man wearing fine clothes and say, 'Here's a good seat for you,' but say to the poor man, 'You stand there' or 'Sit on the floor by my feet,' have you not discriminated among yourselves and becomes judges with evil thoughts? Listen, my dear brothers: Has not God chosen those who are poor in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith and to inherit the kingdom He promised those who love Him? But you have insulted the poor. Is it not the rich who are exploiting you? Are they not the ones who are dragging you into court?" James 2:2-6

Man do we see alot of that on these boards.

The Rich Man and Lazarus

19 “There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. 20 At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores 21 and longing to eat what fell from the rich man’s table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores.

22 “The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side. The rich man also died and was buried. 23 In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. 24 So he called to him, ‘Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.’

25 “But Abraham replied, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. 26 And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been set in place, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.’

27 “He answered, ‘Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my family, 28 for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’

29 “Abraham replied, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’

30 “‘No, father Abraham,’ he said, ‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’

31 “He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’”

Gotta quote from Jesus where He says we should 'despise the rich'.

You are so stupid, it staggers the imagination that you have managed to live day to day. I assume it's some 'care in the community' thing... funded, no doubt, by a church.

You are without a doubt the most brainwashed human I've ever met and I've run into some doozies.

The Rich Man and Lazarus

Gotta love the way the idiots keep lying.

I can always tell when somebody is hopelessly wrapped up in their ignorance. They start calling names. Go to some calm, quiet place, sit down, get comfortable then fuck yourself.

No, Dummmbell, you need to go fuck yourself.

You are the abysmal dolt who lied about what Jesus' "main message" was.

And then, later on, you cite a Biblical chapter which fails to prove your idiotic "point" AS THOUGH it somehow did support your imbecility.

You remain a clusterfuck of stupid, you doink.

No, Dummmbell, you need to go fuck yourself.

You are the abysmal dolt who lied about what Jesus' "main message" was.

And then, later on, you cite a Biblical chapter which fails to prove your idiotic "point" AS THOUGH it somehow did support your imbecility.

You remain a clusterfuck of stupid, you doink.

Like I said.....I know I'm doing well when the name calling is all someone has to offer.

Like I said.....I know I'm doing well when the name calling is all someone has to offer.
You're not doing well at all.

You're an atheist throwing turds at Christians, dissing the Old Testament (by extension the Jewish), for not living up to Judeo-Christian values that you have only fabricated in your own senility-addled mind.

In fact you are failing...Miserably so....And that's coming from an agnostic.

You're not doing well at all.

You're an atheist throwing turds at Christians, dissing the Old Testament (by extension the Jewish), for not living up to Judeo-Christian values that you have only fabricated in your own senility-addled mind.

In fact you are failing...Miserably so....And that's coming from an agnostic.

LMAO!! Agnostic....you don't have a clue about an agnostic. That's what I am. I don't know and you don't either. One thing I do know. The ancient writings of folks who believed in witches and thought the world was flat bore me to tears.

WALKING ON WATER, TURNING WATER INTO WINE, VIRGIN BIRTH, RESURRECTION ROTFLMAO ...SURELY YOU'RE SMART ENOUGH TO PUT THAT IN PERSPECTIVE.

How on earth do you get "Despise" anyone in a message about loving your neighbor?

And how on earth did you conclude that politicla parties are supposed to help the poor? Why don't you get off your butt and do it yourself?

How on earth do you get "Despise" anyone in a message about loving your neighbor?

And how on earth did you conclude that politicla parties are supposed to help the poor? Why don't you get off your butt and do it yourself?

Jesus whole message was summarized in His teaching that you should "care for the least of these".

Anybody with one eye and half sense knows that the Republican party fondles it's bible and solicits support from thumpers.

Why don't you explain to me Why the church owns more real property than any other entity in the world other than the governments while nearly a billion, mostly children starve and suffer from malnutrition?

Last edited:

Two points.

1. You of course lack any knowledge of what the New Test, message is because it doesn't tell us to despise the rich, and though we are told to care for the poor, we are COMMANDED to care for our own families first, and we are NOT told to care for those that can work but won't work, as a matter of fact we are told if you will not work, you shall not eat in the New Test.

2. How do the left in this nation justify say Republicans don't care about the poor when ALL statistics show we give much more than the left to charities that take care of the poor. The left seems to be quite happy with the govt talking my money to give to the poor while all the statistics show the left is quite stingy with their own money when it comes to giving it to the poor?

Talk about confused

Last edited:

Two points.

1. You of course lack any knowledge of what the New Test, message is because it doesn't tell us to despise the rich, and though we are told to care for the poor, we are COMMANDED to care for our own families first, and we are NOT told to care for those that can work but won't work, as a matter of fact we are told if you will not work, you shall not eat in the New Test.

2. How do the left in this nation justify say Republicans don't care about the poor when ALL statistics show we give much more than the left to charities that take care of the poor. The left seems to be quite happy with the govt talking my money to give to the poor while all the statistics show the left is quite stingy with their own money when it comes to giving it to the poor?

Talk about confused

I don't like you coming along and hiding my work:

Jesus whole message was summarized in His teaching that you should "care for the least of these".

Anybody with one eye and half sense knows that the Republican party fondles it's bible and solicits support from thumpers.

Why don't you explain to me Why the church owns more real property than any other entity in the world other than the governments while nearly a billion, mostly children starve and suffer from malnutrition?

Pope-Gold-Pearls.jpg

1479144-Vatican_City_Vatican_City.jpg

st-peter-square-in-rome.jpg

salt-lake-mormon-temple.jpg

Angkor_wat_Cambodia_Largest_Religious_Temple.jpg

FirstBaptistOrlando6.jpg

carracci-farnese.jpg

Stained_Glass_Window,_St_Hilda's_Church,_Ampleforth.jpg

Last edited:

Two points.

Talk about confused

I don't like you coming along and hiding my work:

Pope-Gold-Pearls.jpg

1479144-Vatican_City_Vatican_City.jpg

st-peter-square-in-rome.jpg

salt-lake-mormon-temple.jpg

Angkor_wat_Cambodia_Largest_Religious_Temple.jpg

FirstBaptistOrlando6.jpg

carracci-farnese.jpg

Stained_Glass_Window,_St_Hilda's_Church,_Ampleforth.jpg

10 For even when we were with you, we commanded you this: If anyone will not work, neither shall he eat.

2 Thessalonians 3:10 (NKJV)

Jesus said, "The poor you will always have with you, but you will not always have me."

Last edited:

Forum List

Back