How do you forgive the most horrible acts against you?

I've easily forgiven people for minor infractions against me. Let bygones be bygones. No problem, people aren't perfect.

How do you forgive the really unforgivable? I prefer not to go into details, and it happened a long time ago, but, it was outright evil, and I almost feel even though I am the victim, it's not my place to forgive.

I'm trying to be a good Christian, and it's tough. This is one aspect I struggle with.

Thank you for your time.

You don’t. Ever.

I've easily forgiven people for minor infractions against me. Let bygones be bygones. No problem, people aren't perfect.

How do you forgive the really unforgivable? I prefer not to go into details, and it happened a long time ago, but, it was outright evil, and I almost feel even though I am the victim, it's not my place to forgive.

I'm trying to be a good Christian, and it's tough. This is one aspect I struggle with.

Thank you for your time.

369236.jpg

Thank you for your time.
Forgiveness is like releasing someone from prison to find out that person you released was you.

You can forgive someone and the next day you still feel the anger still there. So you forgive again. Then again. And yet again.

That’s why Jesus said 70 times 7. He wasn’t meaning do it 490 times. He meant it’s a process we must keep repeating until that feeling is gone. Because we are mere humans and everything about us is a process.
Forgiveness is for those who lack the power to deliver revenge.
Which never alleviates the pain and leaves even more of a victim.

Thank you for your time.

I’m not a Christian anymore because of this issue.

I don’t forgive or forget. I really never have. The only question is if/what/how much vengeance I seek for each infraction.

Thank you for your time.

I don’t forgive or forget. I really never have. The only question is if/what/how much vengeance I seek for each infraction.
Which explains your negativity and bitterness you always present here.

Which explains your negativity and bitterness you always present here.

I learned long ago that Anger and Hatred are far more powerful and useful than Love.
One day you’ll have a toe tag at the morgue and nobody will come to claim you.

At a young age, long before my Christian Faith, I understood the importance of leaving the world a little better place for my existence.

That’s not my problem or even a concern for me. At that point all I need worry about is the quality of my SOUL, not my body. I’m more than fine with the health of my Soul.

I figure My Soul will be coming back for at least one more trip around the sun, so I’m not concerned.

That’s not my problem or even a concern for me. At that point all I need worry about is the quality of my SOUL, not my body. I’m more than fine with the health of my Soul.

I figure My Soul will be coming back for at least one more trip around the sun, so I’m not concerned.
If anger and hate please you, then your soul is lost.

Thank you for your time.

Your lack is forgiveness only results in anger and stress that you carry around. It lowers the quality of your life. But that’s your choice. With that said you should read the Count of Monte Cristo. If you like revenge then you will love that story.

Your lack of forgiveness only results in anger and stress that you carry around. It lowers the quality of your life. But that’s your choice. With that said you should read the Count of Monte Cristo. If you like revenge then you will love that story.

I disagree completely. Anger and Hate fuel me to greater heights than I would or could have otherwise reached.

I’ll have to look into your recommendation. Haven’t read it previously.

Your lack of forgiveness only results in anger and stress that you carry around. It lowers the quality of your life. But that’s your choice. With that said you should read the Count of Monte Cristo. If you like revenge then you will love that story.

I disagree completely. Anger and Hate fuel me to greater heights than I would or could have otherwise reached.

I’ll have to look into your recommendation. Haven’t read it previously.
You do make a valid point that vengeance can be a motivating force. You see many people who have achieved great things perform with a chip on their shoulder. Jordan is said to have started fights before games so he could play angry.

To each their own.

Do yourself a favor and read the book over watching the movies. Hollywood destroyed the true message. It’s a classic and one of the best revenge stories of all time... you won’t regret the read

Thank you for your time.
In the military they teach you that you kill or be killed, when the enemy is in front of you, you dont show weakness for they, the enemy will be emboldened to shoot you dead. So you make sure that when you shoot, you kill them in the first shot, no wounding. Hope this helps.
That's a completely retarded, totally off subject, and uterrly useless reply.

On the other hand it's pretty typical of you.

Forum List

Back