Atheists Want Proof Of God?

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by Viktor, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Viktor

Viktor VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +276
    Faith is something I believe. How would I prove I believe it?
    Why would I lie about it? Why does it bother you?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Crepitus

Crepitus Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,594
    Doesn't bother me.

Why would it?

I don't take anything on faith. You want me to believe? Show me.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. I c h i g o

I c h i g o Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,047
    I agree with what Crepitus said. Why should it bother anyone, for that matter?
    Having Faith (in something or someone) can also end with fate...so be careful. Lol

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. RWS

RWS Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +655
    Faith is good. It's the religious zealots that are the problem. :)

I have faith too.

The difference is how far you're willing to go to defend your faith. Once you're ok to give up your life in support, it's a religion. I love the ideal of Jesus, but I will not support any religion that supports him.

5. FA_Q2

FA_Q2 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,670
    Since when has anyone demanded that you prove YOUR faith?

Atheists want proof of god if you want THEM to have faith. There is a rather large difference. You can believe whatever you want.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. james bond

james bond Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,685
    I'm glad it doesn't bother you as your lack of faith doesn't bother me.

I can only think if you do not believe in the Biblical God, then you lose your life and end up in hell.

As for taking things on faith, those who do not believe the Biblical God, believe in silly things like no God, aliens, multiverses, and abiogenesis. I hope you don't as there is no proof. Otherwise, you are a liar.

Creation science tells me that there are no aliens, multiverses, and abiogenesis because God didn't create them. So far, I am right as rain.

ETA: I believe because I had faith and God revealed himself to me. Thus, I was able to verify my belief. Also, I ended comparing what I believed before in evolution and found out it was a lie (after comparing it with creation).

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
  7. toobfreak

toobfreak Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,786

You haven't quite got that right, Viktor. True belief in God is not an act of faith. Faith implies an acceptance of a thing based on pure trust alone. "Faith" is also used to describe what "persuasion" a person is (Catholic, Baptist, etc.). I suppose there are a lot of people out there that accept many things purely on trust but God should not be one of them! Anyone with a deep conviction about God will tell you that it is based on some inner, personal experience. They have seen and felt something communicated to them that is undeniable, unshakable, profound. They may tell you it was the most "real" experience of their life leaving a lasting impression decades later.

Atheists are totally closed, simply deny the possibility of God outright. Not only for themselves but all others. They will tell you he is neither "necessary" nor scientifically valid. Many people also wrongly assume that "faith" in god is contrary to science. That is wrong too. Believing in God has absolutely nothing to do with one's education or ability to pursue science! Albert Einstein was a deep believer in God. But denial of the possibility of god because you simply haven't seen it for yourself is utter foolishness since you cannot prove a negative. Do you disbelieve in black holes, quarks or gamma rays because you haven't seen those either? They refuse to admit that their "faith" is simply a human-centric rather than a god-centric one. An impersonal philosophy vs. a personal one. They prefer to think that consciousness, self-awareness and intelligence came from dust rather than from a greater consciousness and awareness. They say they see no evidence for God. I can at least understand that as that is where I stood when young until something changed and I had the experience of a lifetime.

Agnostics remain open looking for proof. Again, pure foolhardiness to expect someone else to hand it to you. It is like they expect a miracle to appear before them or some concrete evidence handed them! Why would anyone expect concrete evidence for something which by its very nature is NOT concrete, not material, ie, spiritual? No one may prove to another God's existence or not. That is simply not something we may show or "prove" to another person. Each person must go by whatever belief they hold until the time comes for them to advance to something better at whatever rate and time best suits them.

8. 007

007 Charter Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,116
    What is "creation science?"

And if you don't think there's aliens that have and do visit this planet, because of the mountain of evidence available proving there is, then you're either willfully ignorant or just don't mind lying to yourself.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. BULLDOG

BULLDOG Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37,982
    Non belief in one thing has nothing to do with whether you might believe something else.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. shockedcanadian

shockedcanadian Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,929
    I think the last question is most pertinent. I feel the same about a number of issues.

If something makes one happy and they aren't harming anyone, others should in turn be happy for you. It's as if there world wants an unhappy, soulless society and damn it these people of Faith are ruining it!

Whatever ones beliefs, if you are content and a better person to others because of them, this is great news. More power to you and more happiness for everyone else.

• Agree Agree x 3