How do you feel about known gays/lesbians as teachers...

...consenting adults(over 18) makes them 2nd class citizens??? Perverted? Not a lifestyle??? Do you remember the old blue laws??? Some states used to actually defined sodomy between married couples as a crime against nature(felony)! Would you like to be busted for YOUR sexual preferences by an non elected government bureaucrat that deemed your bedroom activity was her/his personal business??? If I were you I'd take a double take on your current position, for the day may well come when U find yourself in the 2nd class citizen category. Liberty is 4 all people, not just the few!

...in the K-12 school system? Should they be banned or accepted in the K-12 program of education? Do you believe that there is discrimination towards the LGBT community in general? Just curious here as the military seems to be dropping it's long held reservation about accepting people into their ranks that are known to be in the alternative lifestyles. Does the military acceptance of queers/lesbians make those in the alternative lifestyles more acceptable to you?
Banned. By the way, homosexuality is not a lifestyle, it is a perverted sexual preference.

...in the K-12 school system? Should they be banned or accepted in the K-12 program of education? Do you believe that there is discrimination towards the LGBT community in general? Just curious here as the military seems to be dropping it's long held reservation about accepting people into their ranks that are known to be in the alternative lifestyles. Does the military acceptance of queers/lesbians make those in the alternative lifestyles more acceptable to you?

I think that if they are a good teacher what they do in their bedrooms is of no concern to you. As far as the military goes, there have been plenty of gay men who fought in Americas wars, and died, so that you could remain an ignorant fool.

You should get down on your knees and pray to whatever God you believe in and thank those who died...for you.

...that's a rough one. Lost my sister in law to ALS last December. Worst wat to die I ever have seen or heard of. I say stop the wars & put the dough into research.

I had a lesbian for a PE teacher in high school, she was one of the best basketball coaches in the state. They even named the new gym after her. She is retired now, and just announced she has ALS. I think the support she is receiving from the community proves homosexuals can be great teachers. Your sexual orientation doesn't have anything to do with what kind of teacher you can be.

Don't care.

As long as they are not making any sexual advances towards the children which would be a crime regardless of their orientation, I really don't care one way or another.

Immie

...community, say again I ACTIVELY SUPPORT their right to engage in the sexual orientation of their choice. Where in God's green acres did U come up with the assertion I discriminate against the LGBT community??? Libertarian's aren't nazi's we're for INDIVIDUAL LIBERTIES!!!

I think that if they are a good teacher what they do in their bedrooms is of no concern to you. As far as the military goes, there have been plenty of gay men who fought in Americas wars, and died, so that you could remain an ignorant fool.

You should get down on your knees and pray to whatever God you believe in and thank those who died...for you.

LOL at the posters that claim not to know if their teachers were married or not....90% of teachers that I had occasionally spoke about their own lives. You knew if they were married, single, gay or nuns.

Anyone that claims otherwise is a liar or a sociopath.

The Same way I do about Hetero Teachers. Unless it is specific Sex Ed Education, they should not even be discussing Sex, and Sexuality in the first place. So I could care less what they are. As long as they are good At Teaching. If they want to mention that they are gay, that's up to them. I don't see why it should matter. Homosexuality is not a learned Behavior anyways. Your kids are not going to "turn out" gay because they had a Gay Teacher who talked about it. Period. Get over it. And this is coming from a so called Right winger.

Last edited:
LOL at the posters that claim not to know if their teachers were married or not....90% of teachers that I had occasionally spoke about their own lives. You knew if they were married, single, gay or nuns.

If they did, I was too busy learning to pay attention.

And, I assure you that I am the foremost expert on my life. Your belief that you know my life better is delusional. Of course, you do think you are a winner, so delusional would fit. ;)

And, I assure you that I am the foremost expert on my life. Your belief that you know my life better is delusional. Of course, you do think you are a winner, so delusional would fit. ;)

Well since I had no unnatural fixations on my teachers the only way I would know if one was married is if they told me and I do not recall that happening. You see wen I went to school, before the Libs destroyed our education system, schools actually taught you the fundamentals.

Sociopath it is. :thup:

Some nutters have a tendency to equate their own lives with what they saw on sitcoms from the 50's and 60's. Only on "TV Land" do we find the sorts of student/teacher relationships that some of these jokers are describing.

Here is the reality. Students spend a couple hundred hours per year in the company of their teachers. In that time, things other than course subject matter are discussed. Every kid in every classroom in every school who knows what marriage is..... is aware of the marital status of the friggin' teacher(s).

So, not knowing teachers' personal lives makes a sociopath?

:lol:

God, you really ARE stupid.

Some nutters have a tendency to equate their own lives with what they saw on sitcoms from the 50's and 60's. Only on "TV Land" do we find the sorts of student/teacher relationships that some of these jokers are describing.

Here is the reality. Students spend a couple hundred hours per year in the company of their teachers. In that time, things other than course subject matter are discussed. Every kid in every classroom in every school who knows what marriage is..... is aware of the marital status of the friggin' teacher(s).
Another delusional poster.

C'mon, tell me all about my life.

Whackjob.

Yep....my kids could tell me which of their teachers were gay, who was pregnant, who just broke up....by the 2nd grade....kids aren't idiots.

No....being so self-involved does.

Being busy learning subject matter is being 'self-involved'. Bad shit right there. We can't have students doing that.

Also, it's good to have insight into the mind of a leftie about education.
Okay, you're just a drone that shuts down during class time that is not about the exact subject at hand.

You are either a robot or were taught by robots. Or you lie.

:eusa_eh:

Being busy learning subject matter is being 'self-involved'. Bad shit right there. We can't have students doing that.

Also, it's good to have insight into the mind of a leftie about education.
Okay, you're just a drone that shuts down during class time that is not about the exact subject at hand.

You are either a robot or were taught by robots. Or you lie.

:eusa_eh:
Whatever your opinion about how I learned is fine. But, what IS really bizarre is your thinking you have any credibility about how I lived and live my life.

That's just delusional thinking by you.

Yep....my kids could tell me which of their teachers were gay, who was pregnant, who just broke up....by the 2nd grade....kids aren't idiots.

i never knew if any of my male teachers were married and the only reason i knew the status of the females was because they went by mrs and miss back in the old days. i must be a sociopath.

i'm cool with that. :thup:

Forum List

Back