Paying for a Jobs Bill by Cutting Federal Jobs?

What I find incomprehensible is that despite the fact that even liberal economists like Christina Romer are warning that raising taxes on ANYONE in a weak economy is bad fiscal policy...people like Flaylo continue to insist that a tax increase on the wealthy is the way to go. Once again...for you economically "challenged" folks out there...the reason why even a liberal Keynesian like Romer is cautioning against raising taxes on the wealthy is that doing so will slow an already anemic economy.

So if raising taxes on anyone is a bad idea...what's left? Gee, cutting spending? And where is waste rampant? The Federal Government? Duh? This really isn't rocket science, kiddies.

Instead of playing this stupid political game? Let's do the fiscally intelligent thing and cut spending before we get another credit downgrade. Then...when the economy DOES recover and start to grow...THEN and only then would a tax increase make sense to cut down the size of the deficit. You raise taxes when the economy is roaring...not when it's barely wheezing.

What I find incomprehensible is that despite the fact that even liberal economists like Christina Romer are warning that raising taxes on ANYONE in a weak economy is bad fiscal policy...people like Flaylo continue to insist that a tax increase on the wealthy is the way to go. Once again...for you economically "challenged" folks out there...the reason why even a liberal Keynesian like Romer is cautioning against raising taxes on the wealthy is that doing so will slow an already anemic economy.

So if raising taxes on anyone is a bad idea...what's left? Gee, cutting spending? And where is waste rampant? The Federal Government? Duh? This really isn't rocket science, kiddies.

Instead of playing this stupid political game? Let's do the fiscally intelligent thing and cut spending before we get another credit downgrade. Then...when the economy DOES recover and start to grow...THEN and only then would a tax increase make sense to cut down the size of the deficit. You raise taxes when the economy is roaring...not when it's barely wheezing.

Taxes on the top 1% is not going to harm the economy you dumb asses, don't ever misrepresent my position like that again.

Taxes on the top 1% is not going to harm the economy you dumb asses, don't ever misrepresent my position like that again.

Taxing the people that most benefited from the Bush tax cuts will not slow recovery. There really is just so much money one can spend in a year so the tax cuts on that sector of society didn't at all help the economy. And the very wealthy DO NOT use their own wealth to "create jobs". They are extremely risk adverse.

I never heard of federal job cuts drastically reducing unemployment but I have seen it increase unemployment because duh, its lost jobs. Some of you would sacrifice everything and everybody before taxing the sacred rich you worship, even if meant you were the sacrificed ones.

Taxing the people that most benefited from the Bush tax cuts will not slow recovery. There really is just so much money one can spend in a year so the tax cuts on that sector of society didn't at all help the economy. And the very wealthy DO NOT use their own wealth to "create jobs". They are extremely risk adverse.

People seem to keep thinking that all of the very rich are all business owners who go to work and create jobs, they're not the same.

And the very wealthy don't create jobs, if there is no demand for a product there will be no jobs to create, thus the greedy bastards shouldn't get tax cuts.

6 of the 10 richest counties in U.S. are in the DC area.

Fat ass government leaches are bleeding this country dry. I can't wait until Flaylo loses his fat ass government job & pension.

200908_edwards_blog2.jpg

Fat ass government leaches are bleeding this country dry. I can't wait until Flaylo loses his fat ass government job & pension.

200908_edwards_blog2.jpg

I'm a soldier, I earn everything the hard way while you sit back on your lazy ass complaining and hating on federal workers who's jobs' you wished you had. Tnhey're much better educated than you private industry asswipes. You chart never takes that as well as other factors into consideration.

200908_edwards_blog2.jpg

I love charts like that..because they are such bullshit.

The President of the United States..who's job is extremely complex and demanding makes under 300K. While CEO's of a firm like Goldman Sachs, who's job is pretty much cake, gets compensation upwards of 20 million a year.

:lol:

200908_edwards_blog2.jpg

I'm a soldier, I earn everything the hard way while you sit back on your lazy ass complaining and hating on federal workers who's jobs' you wished you had. Tnhey're much better educated than you private industry asswipes. You chart never takes that as well as other factors into consideration.

Without giving out any idea of where the metrics were derived from..the chart is complete bullshit. As you know, salaries vary widely from state to state. And even that's not accurate. Income disparity in this country can be as out of whack as 470:1. Which means that in the same company there could be some people making 50K a year while the CEO makes 10 million in a year. But if you average that out..with all of them in the same pool it looks as if it's equal compensation.

The Keynesian model has never worked in the history of the world.

Cutting federal jobs is a no brainer....and oh, ps..........the number of federal employees who are earning over 150K has DOUBLED:eek: under Obama. But thats just fine with the k00ks...........:coffee:. Too.....lets not forget that many federal jobs are held for the purpose of enforcing mindless regulations!! Great Britain is laying off over 500,000 government employees over the next three years. When the Varsity is back in control after next November, the same needs to happen here in conjunction with a huge rollback of the mega-jobs eating machine that is the fcukking EPA. The hopelessly duped k00ks think that the EPA is about the environment.:boobies::boobies::up:

The Keynesian model has never worked in the history of the world.

Cutting federal jobs is a no brainer....and oh, ps..........the number of federal employees who are earning over 150K has DOUBLED:eek: under Obama. But thats just fine with the k00ks...........:coffee:. Too.....lets not forget that many federal jobs are held for the purpose of enforcing mindless regulations!! Great Britain is laying off over 500,000 government employees over the next three years. When the Varsity is back in control after next November, the same needs to happen here in conjunction with a huge rollback of the mega-jobs eating machine that is the fcukking EPA. The hopelessly duped k00ks think that the EPA is about the environment.:boobies::boobies::up:

Link? Proof?

200908_edwards_blog2.jpg

I love charts like that..because they are such bullshit.

The President of the United States..who's job is extremely complex and demanding makes under 300K. While CEO's of a firm like Goldman Sachs, who's job is pretty much cake, gets compensation upwards of 20 million a year.

:lol:

Wallstreet execs fleecing us for those extraordinary amounts just means that the average private sector worker makes even less than this chart suggest. Government cronies are the ones enabling those Wallstreet crooks to screw us.

As the purchase power of the dollar shrinks we have timmy geitner piling on our debt by visiting italy and bailing them out. Will he report his findings in terms of actual monies and where it went? or is this a habit of a round about way that taxpayers had no choice only the big banks dictate that when we pay the amount. you see how that works..fking bullstien and eventually a possible war over iran.

russia and china are pist about our findings sanctions of iran. iran process a majority of china and if not russia oil cap.

you can argue about your infamous bush tax cuts but gov't is going to pile on more debt with tension increasing 10fold every day we'll have accept that no one likes us and russia and china have said so...iran is the heart for oil globally

You can't even spell son! Educating retards like you was just another waste of my taxes. I am much smarter than you & it did not cost someone else.

Forum List

Back