How do you feel about known gays/lesbians as teachers...

People on the left don't want to see homoophobia go away? Nonsense. I'm as left leaning politically as they come and I want to see an end to bigotry. I work at an elementary school and the staff knows I'm lesbian. It's not an issue in the classroom.

I would agree with you in that the average person either doesn't like homophobia, or is indifferent. I speak more of the people who do social justice as a career, or head some of these major foundations and left leaning lobbying groups. It's in their interest to see tension continue because their careers depend on it.

When you look at the enormous contribution to society from a very, very tiny slice of the populace and compare that to the minuscule and small contribution that comes from the right wing, anyone who want's their kids to receive the best education would probably want more gays teaching. You cant' think of an art or science without thinking of gays who have risen to near or at the top.

i'm guessing your english teachers were all straight.

Since they all started with "Mrs.", I suspect that's a good guess.

Wondering how art and science became "English"? Yaw'll don't do all that well.

Last edited by a moderator:
People on the left don't want to see homophobia go away? Nonsense. I'm as left leaning politically as they come and I want to see an end to bigotry. I work at an elementary school and the staff knows I'm lesbian. It's not an issue in the classroom.

You are not the entire "left" either. He/she didn't say everyone on the left. The implication was that it is people on the left that don't want the issue to disappear because it is a damned good way to beat down their enemies who are not politically correct.

Immie

When you look at the enormous contribution to society from a very, very tiny slice of the populace and compare that to the minuscule and small contribution that comes from the right wing, anyone who want's their kids to receive the best education would probably want more gays teaching. You cant' think of an art or science without thinking of gays who have risen to near or at the top.

actually, i'm wondering how you tie your shoes without a service animal and a home health aide, let alone post your idiocy here.

but i guess them that *want's* *cant'* be choosy

:eusa_whistle:

actually, i'm wondering how you tie your shoes without a service animal and a home health aide, let alone post your idiocy here.

:eusa_shhh:

Velcro

:eusa_shhh:

Velcro
Sadly, for Deanie-do, that would still require a service animal.

Yaw'll can put down the gays all you want, but when it comes to their contribution to American society, I can name authors, composers, musicians, mathematicians, scientists, architects, and many performers that are gay.

But when it comes to right wingers, there's that twangy country music. And, well, I can't think of much else. Sorry. Can you?

Yaw'll can put down the gays all you want, but when it comes to their contribution to American society, I can name authors, composers, musicians, mathematicians, scientists, architects, and many performers that are gay.

But when it comes to right wingers, there's that twangy country music. And, well, I can't think of much else. Sorry. Can you?

None of us are putting down gay folks there deanie, we're puttin you down!

Gays and lesbians aren't just artsy types you know. There's many successful gays and lesbians who are hard working entrepreneurs and business people.

I'f my child was being taught by a homosexual, I would be absolutely fine with it, as long as they do their job well.

Just like I would expect of any teacher.

Gays and lesbians aren't just artsy types you know. There's many successful gays and lesbians who are hard working entrepreneurs and business people.

Alan Turing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

One of the most important men in the history of technology was gay. He committed suicide because of fucking idiots.

I had actually never knew that until you posted it. That's a pretty sad story, society wasted such a great mind.

I have no problem with it. However students have no business knowing the teacher's sexuality. The teacher's personal sexuality should not be brought up in the classroom-and has no business being discussed. And yes this goes for heterosexual teachers as well.

A teacher is a teacher. It does not affect the student if they sleep with the same sex. I just wanted good teachers for my boys and my niece. Their choice of sexual partners did not interest or concern me.

Forum List

Back