How do you feel about known gays/lesbians as teachers...

no problem, but if they spend even 1 second trying to push the gay lifestyle on the kiddies, they're out.

So getting the kiddies to have gay sex with each other for a class project would be out, I assume?

Except for the fact that teachers are NOT prevented from sharing their religious beliefs. A teacher who tells the class they are Jewish or Catholic or Buddhist, etc. don't lose their jobs.

Yes.. they are...

nice try... that is announcing a title in terms of belief...

They are not allowed to state that their way is right (like gays try and state their opinion)... they are not allowed to offer their theories (as gays try and do)... and they are not allowed to offer political opinions about their beliefs (as gays try and do)...

Nice try... you don't get your cake and eat it too... IMHO the homosexual teachers would have to be as silent about all aspects of their belief and lifestyle as the religious teachers are forced to be

Sexuality is not a religion and telling others your religion is not stating your faith is right.

There are just as many beliefs about sexual behavior and preference as there are about religion

Funny how naive you "no problem as long as they keep it to themselves" folks are.
Most of the gay and lesbian teachers that I have seen in the last 50 years of my life, and especially the last 20 when my kids were in school, WERE OUTED by the community.
And the outing was for negative reasons everytime.
You folks believe there are teachers wearing Gay Pride T shirts and hats to school every day or some BS. They go outside and picket with signs during their breaks.

So what does a teacher do when they are outed? "No, I am not really gay or lesbian".
Lah lah land is where most folks live these days.
My daughter's high school drama teacher was gay....he never once SAID he was gay but it was obvious. The guy he lived with often helped out with drama productions. As far as I can tell, there was no negative impact from teh gay.

No wai!!!

A gay drama teacher?

Hey, as long as the guy doesn't come back from the break room with a mustache full of cum , it's all good.
The female teachers could just say they had sardines as a snack. Understood ?

I was thinking more along the lines of arrest numbers.. How pedophiles have been charged with sexual assault on the same sex.

That's why I told you to educate yourself. That guy that molested all those boys at Penn State was a heterosexual. It isn't about the sex of the child, it is often about the pre-pubescence of the child. It is also often about ACCESS.

One of the links I provided you gave numbers...11 to 1 heterosexual over homosexual.

A heterosexual molesting another heterosexual does not compute into being a heterosexual. Thats why I asked about bi-sexual. But to be straight up with the only difference in a gay male and a bi-sexual a gay male will suck a dick all the time a bi-sexual male will suck a dick some of the time. True story

I think some of these nutters are suggesting that it is OK to have gay teachers as long as nobody knows they are gay. What an original concept. Maybe they should try something like that in the military?

Actually, the military had a good system prior to 1980.

It was left to the discretion of unit commanders if the service members behavior was a problem.

That kept guys from using "gay" as a "get out of the Army free" card while allowing them the latitude to get rid of real problem children.

After 1980, they introduced a "no tolerance" policy that was largely ignored unless guys wanted to get out and outed themselves (or claimed to be gay to get out when they found out there weren't any color TV's like their recruiters said there would be) or were real serious problems, such as harrassing straight service members.

DADT really did nothing to change things, because that was kind of the defacto policy before then.

Now the yardbirds can't get out and the problem children will have to find other excuses to get rid of them.

War causes homosexuality. You are not born with it or choose it.
Everytime we go to the war homosexuality increases tenfold in the military and for potential draftees outside.

So is that your way of telling us that you are struggling with your sexual indentity?

Poor boy.

Yes.. they are...

They are not allowed to state that their way is right (like gays try and state their opinion)... they are not allowed to offer their theories (as gays try and do)... and they are not allowed to offer political opinions about their beliefs (as gays try and do)...

Nice try... you don't get your cake and eat it too... IMHO the homosexual teachers would have to be as silent about all aspects of their belief and lifestyle as the religious teachers are forced to be

Sexuality is not a religion and telling others your religion is not stating your faith is right.

There are just as many beliefs about sexual behavior and preference as there are about religion

I agree but stating what your religion is is not stating what you believe in.
You are born with your sexuality in most instances. Religion is by choice only.

...in the K-12 school system? Should they be banned or accepted in the K-12 program of education? Do you believe that there is discrimination towards the LGBT community in general? Just curious here as the military seems to be dropping it's long held reservation about accepting people into their ranks that are known to be in the alternative lifestyles. Does the military acceptance of queers/lesbians make those in the alternative lifestyles more acceptable to you?

Wait. This IS 2011, isn't it?

As long as people keep their sexual proclivities to themselves and do their job, I really don't care one way or another.

Read "Conduct Unbecoming" by Randy Shilts and then come back and tell us what a wonderful policy the military had prior to and during DADT.

I was in the military at that time, prior to DADT. Worked just fine as far as I was concerned.

It isn't about "you". It's about the mission.

I was too, and it was witch hunt after witch hunt. Google the USS Norton Sound. Google the USS Iowa explosion. That witch hunt ended up bringing down the NIS (a joke in and of themselves) and sped up Don't Ask, Don't Tell.

...in the K-12 school system? Should they be banned or accepted in the K-12 program of education? Do you believe that there is discrimination towards the LGBT community in general? Just curious here as the military seems to be dropping it's long held reservation about accepting people into their ranks that are known to be in the alternative lifestyles. Does the military acceptance of queers/lesbians make those in the alternative lifestyles more acceptable to you?
Banned. By the way, homosexuality is not a lifestyle, it is a perverted sexual preference.

As much so as is heterosexuality.

I went to a Catholic school, and it was well known all the nuns were lesbians...

Aha! Now I know why Julie Andrews was my first and most enduring crush...

sound-of-music-maria-nun-julie-andrews.jpg

You too?

People are free to follow whatever career path they choose... homosexuals are not a predatory group for children...

BUT... that being said.. if teachers are prevented from sharing beliefs in religion and the associated lifestyle, etc... they should then also be prevented from sharing beliefs in this lifestyle... you don't get your cake and eat it too

Except for the fact that teachers are NOT prevented from sharing their religious beliefs. A teacher who tells the class they are Jewish or Catholic or Buddhist, etc. don't lose their jobs.

Yes.. they are...

I call bullshit.

I had a lesbian for a PE teacher in high school, she was one of the best basketball coaches in the state. They even named the new gym after her. She is retired now, and just announced she has ALS. I think the support she is receiving from the community proves homosexuals can be great teachers. Your sexual orientation doesn't have anything to do with what kind of teacher you can be.

Forum List

Back