How do you feel about God?

• I hate Him.

• I hate Him but pretend to love Him by creating a better god

• I love Him completely the way He is.

• I am apathetic. Who cares?

Results are only viewable after voting.
There is a surprisingly large number of Christian's that hate God so much that they create their own god.

Well, how do you personally feel about him?

Do you hate him?

Do you love him?

Do you pretend to love God but made up your own god that is better than the one in the Bible?

Are you apathetic toward God?

There is so much wrong with what you wrote. First of all, a Christian doesn't hate God so much that they create their own god. They believe there is and always will be only one god just like you. What you are describing is a former Christian who realizes that Christianity is just another religion just like all the other religions. So they leave the church and start their own personal relationship to the one and only god. They, like Christians, believe there is one and only one god. So they start their own little personal relationship with god. If they hate anything it's Christianity and Christians. See the difference? They don't hate god.

But if they do, then they are theists not atheists. Because they still believe in God. I know about this because I used to be one of these people. This is the first step towards waking up and realizing there is no god.

There is a surprisingly large number of Christian's that hate God so much that they create their own god.

Do you hate him?

Do you love him?

Do you pretend to love God but made up your own god that is better than the one in the Bible?

There is so much wrong with what you wrote. First of all, a Christian doesn't hate God so much that they create their own god. They believe there is and always will be only one god just like you. What you are describing is a former Christian who realizes that Christianity is just another religion just like all the other religions. So they leave the church and start their own personal relationship to the one and only god. They, like Christians, believe there is one and only one god. So they start their own little personal relationship with god. If they hate anything it's Christianity and Christians. See the difference? They don't hate god.

But if they do, then they are theists not atheists. Because they still believe in God. I know about this because I used to be one of these people. This is the first step towards waking up and realizing there is no god.
You two should form a support group. You could call it recovering christians.

Although the two of you would have first actually have to have been Christians but that’s just details.

Materialists unite!

Do you hate him?

Do you love him?

Although the two of you would have first actually have to have been Christians but that’s just details.

Materialists unite!

Oh so for 30 years we weren't real Christian?

So no atheist who wakes up from the brainwashing was ever an actual Christian in their past?

I will admit I never was as sure of god as some of you theists here are. Never! Not even as a child. I remember my aunt telling me the creation stories and all the other stories Christians tell their kids when they are brainwashing them for years and I never fully bought in.

I remember this traveling born again group of older kids came to our subdivision and gave us little bibles and taught us about Jesus for a week in the summer. I never fully bought in. I remember us boys were shocked to learn that masturbating was a sin and that even looking at our friends hot mom was adultery. We were lusting after her in our hearts. Even then as a kid I could sense it was all bullshit.

And as I've gotten older I am even more convinced it's all bullshit.

You think you are a god in waiting. Think about it. You think that when you die, your spirit will go on to live forever in peace and harmony. Eternal bliss.

Do you even hear yourself? It's ridiculous. This is why we mock you guys. Too many people are delusional and it's holding us all back. You aren't as bad as muslims though. You have evolved much better than they have but still your religion is just as much of a lie as theirs.

Do you hate him?

Do you love him?

Materialists unite!

Oh so for 30 years we weren't real Christian?

So no atheist who wakes up from the brainwashing was ever an actual Christian in their past?

I will admit I never was as sure of god as some of you theists here are. Never! Not even as a child. I remember my aunt telling me the creation stories and all the other stories Christians tell their kids when they are brainwashing them for years and I never fully bought in.

I remember this traveling born again group of older kids came to our subdivision and gave us little bibles and taught us about Jesus for a week in the summer. I never fully bought in. I remember us boys were shocked to learn that masturbating was a sin and that even looking at our friends hot mom was adultery. We were lusting after her in our hearts. Even then as a kid I could sense it was all bullshit.

And as I've gotten older I am even more convinced it's all bullshit.

You think you are a god in waiting. Think about it. You think that when you die, your spirit will go on to live forever in peace and harmony. Eternal bliss.

Do you even hear yourself? It's ridiculous. This is why we mock you guys. Too many people are delusional and it's holding us all back. You aren't as bad as muslims though. You have evolved much better than they have but still your religion is just as much of a lie as theirs.
Bullshit. You mock Christians to entertain yourself, to make you feel superior and to validate your choice.

The only ideas about who the Creator is have been thought up and handed down to us by people who, although they lived thousands of years before us, were only human and had no more of an idea than we do now. They also fed a lot of tribal-custom stuff into it and made it seem like these tribal bits were ordered by the Creator. It's difficult to know what to think. Some people like to get up in back of a podium and yammer away for hours, and others walk thinking that this person actually knows something when he doesn't. One really has to strip it all away and start from scratch.

they create their own god

only when referencing the 4th century christian bible particularly with its referencing of the 1st century events are the natural theist in disagreement with your textural god and the inference for the (false) messiah conclusion - that they are irreversible sinners and can only be saved by worshiping an earthling. - not all theists worship your book as you do. or believe its accounting. the 1st century god of the bible does not exist.

The only ideas about who the Creator is have been thought up and handed down to us by people who, although they lived thousands of years before us, were only human and had no more of an idea than we do now.

before text there was a fare possibility to derive the truth than those today burdened not with just the burden of proof but by obstacles purposely disguised to dissuade the path to remission. most learn a spoken religion first that in antiquity would evolve with the people and possibly reach a rewarding fruition.

The only ideas about who the Creator is have been thought up and handed down to us by people who, although they lived thousands of years before us, were only human and had no more of an idea than we do now. They also fed a lot of tribal-custom stuff into it and made it seem like these tribal bits were ordered by the Creator. It's difficult to know what to think. Some people like to get up in back of a podium and yammer away for hours, and others walk thinking that this person actually knows something when he doesn't. One really has to strip it all away and start from scratch.

they create their own god

only when referencing the 4th century christian bible particularly with its referencing of the 1st century events are the natural theist in disagreement with your textural god and the inference for the (false) messiah conclusion - that they are irreversible sinners and can only be saved by worshiping an earthling. - not all theists worship your book as you do. or believe its accounting. the 1st century god of the bible does not exist.

The only ideas about who the Creator is have been thought up and handed down to us by people who, although they lived thousands of years before us, were only human and had no more of an idea than we do now.

before text there was a fare possibility to derive the truth than those today burdened not with just the burden of proof but by obstacles purposely disguised to dissuade the path to remission. most learn a spoken religion first that in antiquity would evolve with the people and possibly reach a rewarding fruition.

There have many texts and stories for thousands of years representing the thinking of the billions from all over the globe who came before us. It remains a fact that none of us knows anything.

Do you hate him?

Do you love him?

I think that christians creating their own gods is largely true. In the sense that christianity has splintered into so many different sects / subdivisions, there is a tendency for the sects to have their own variations on interpretations of the bibles.

Do you hate him?

Do you love him?

Where is the choice

HE DOESN'T EXIST?

Apathetic. It is the last choice.
No. Because that means I believe he exists but I don't care. You needed a 5th choice.

5. I don't believe God exists.

This is how people convince other people that god is real. They talk about him as if he's an actual person. So you want to know if I love him, hate him or if I don't care about him.

If he exists, I love him. Big if. And if I meet him one day I'm going to ask him two questions.

1. Which religion was real?
2. Why did you go to such great length hiding from us?

Idiot. He only speaks Hebrew and Greek. Try praying in those languages.

I'm more concerned how He feels about us

hopefully He hasn't read Gramps' tampon thread

i mean...in His image and all that stuff.....

~S~

I am not actually apathetic towards God. You needed another choice. It's difficult to work up a strong feeling towards something that does not actually exist. But I ardently dislike the concept of such a God and the shackles and chains it places on human development.

I acknowledge God and submit to His will, whatever that may be. We can serve God by serving each other
and through the gifts of free will and human consciousness we can make it a hell here or a heaven.

I choose to serve God by serving my neighbor to the extent I am able to.

The Hebrew Bible's Yahweh and the nonsense called the New Testament featuring Yahweh's "son" has nothing to do with GOD if we define GOD is a creative force that imagined the universe and made it real to our perception. Yahweh and his son did not know the first thing about the Earth (they thought it was flat for example). How could they have created it. :p

The Hebrew Bible's Yahweh and the nonsense called the New Testament featuring Yahweh's "son" has nothing to do with GOD if we define GOD is a creative force that imagined the universe and made it real to our perception. Yahweh and his son did not know the first thing about the Earth (they thought it was flat for example). How could they have created it. :p
By willing the universe into existence from nothing. The universe is made of mind stuff such that it evolved beings that know and create.

That’s how.

It’s amazing to me that people don’t believe in God. The signs are EVERYWHERE. If you’re not looking for them you can miss them. I spent a large part of my life denying it but I see it all now. I can even use hindsight and recognize many times where god was trying to get through to me and I ignored it or didn’t even recognize it. As you develop more of a relationship with your creator it’ll become almost impossible to miss the signs and you’ll find yourself literally feeling their beauty as they happen. I can’t even describe how awesome it is.

It’s amazing to me that people don’t believe in God. The signs are EVERYWHERE. If you’re not looking for them you can miss them. I spent a large part of my life denying it but I see it all now. I can even use hindsight and recognize many times where god was trying to get through to me and I ignored it or didn’t even recognize it. As you develop more of a relationship with your creator it’ll become almost impossible to miss the signs and you’ll find yourself literally feeling their beauty as they happen. I can’t even describe how awesome it is.
It might seem amazing now, but if you'd sit in the pocket for a discussion I'm sure that some reasonable non-believer could explain it to you quite sufficiently.

It might seem amazing now, but if you'd sit in the pocket for a discussion I'm sure that some reasonable non-believer could explain it to you quite sufficiently.
No thanks man. There’s nothing left that non believers can say that I haven’t already either felt or believed myself, read about, heard someone say, etc. I’ve never felt more sure of exactly who I am than I do now. And it didn’t happen because I got in trouble and “found god” or anything ridiculous like that. It happened on its own without me even looking for it because I was finally ready.

No thanks man. There’s nothing left that non believers can say that I haven’t already either felt or believed myself, read about, heard someone say, etc. I’ve never felt more sure of exactly who I am than I do now. And it didn’t happen because I got in trouble and “found god” or anything ridiculous like that. It happened on its own without me even looking for it because I was finally ready.
I happy for ya...just saying it's not very amazing at all to arrive at my non-belief. It's pretty straight forward that's all. Call me crazy, that's fine.

I remain high on life and witness awesomesauce aplenty. No Spaghetti Monster need apply.

Forum List

Back