How do you deal with a jealous EX-?

HopesNPrayers7

HopesNPrayers7
Oct 22, 2008
Seattle,Washington
:confused: I have often wondered, just how folks do it, and how they handle it, when it comes their way? I have been divorced from this guy, since june of 1975.Went to move on with my life, and if he could not find me, he would bug my family.We had 3 children together, and they are all grown up with families of their own." He wants his cake and eat it too"!!!! Anybody got any hints as to how to handle this situation? and what would you do?

:confused: I have often wondered, just how folks do it, and how they handle it, when it comes their way? I have been divorced from this guy, since june of 1975.Went to move on with my life, and if he could not find me, he would bug my family.We had 3 children together, and they are all grown up with families of their own." He wants his cake and eat it too"!!!! Anybody got any hints as to how to handle this situation? and what would you do?

How about a restraining order? Good thing you divorced this nutjob.

if he's stalking you, talk to a lawyer who specializes in the area and explore the possibility of a restraining order. they won't stop a bullet, though, and if you think you're in danger, then you should look into women's shelters if you need one.

good luck.

if he's stalking you, talk to a lawyer who specializes in the area and explore the possibility of a restraining order. they won't stop a bullet, though, and if you think you're in danger, then you should look into women's shelters if you need one.

good luck.

Women's shelter my ass. Buy a gun and learn how to use it if you think he presents a real physical threat to you.

I would however go the restraining order route at a minimum. I mean, c'mon ... 1975? You must be blistering hot for him to keep after it 30+ years.:lol:

Like Gunny said buy a gun, get a restraining order for legal reason. For one if you kill him you want a paper trail! But I would get a gun, you hear to many times women getting killed over this crap.

And called to see someone else from Washington here!

Last edited:

My 1st ex husband was like that. I was only 16 and he used to beat me up, we had a cycle, he would go to jail, I would get a restraining order, he would get out of jail and say he was going to kill me unless I went back to him, I always got scared and went back. We never had kids together, but when I was 23 I decided to leave him for good. So what I did was write him a letter and sealed it then I put the letter in a bigger manila envelope and mailed the letter to my friend in Missouri and she took the letter out of the manila envelope and mailed it for me with no return address but a "missouri postmark" and I escaped and never saw him again. Since your kids are grown you could move away and request they dont give your info out. But if thats not possible and your life really is in danger you might have to go into hiding.

Women's shelter my ass. Buy a gun and learn how to use it if you think he presents a real physical threat to you.

I would however go the restraining order route at a minimum. I mean, c'mon ... 1975? You must be blistering hot for him to keep after it 30+ years.:lol:

i don't think anyone should get a gun unless they are absolutely certain they will use it when necessary.

heh yeah if he was a loser who liked to beat women up all the time in drunken rages.

If he's not threatening violence, I'd just wait it out.

Let's do the math and assume you were 20 when you married. Most women marry a guy 2-3 years older. You had three kids so will assume you were married around 10 years. So, in '75 you were 30 and he was 33. That was 33 years ago. Figuring current life expecancy, you're past the half-way point. You've managed to put up with it this long, wait a few years and nature will take care of it.

a.d.t. (security company), shotgun, guard dog :cool:

i don't think anyone should get a gun unless they are absolutely certain they will use it when necessary.

you mean like this?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijRZfJObqZk]YouTube - Gun Control ala Denny Crane[/ame]

Now if he does it your way, Denny Crane said "Stop right there, I will be right back, I have to go get a gun so I can protect myself from you since I feel it is absolutely necessary"

It's always absolutely necessary to be prepared to defend yourself!

Against my better Judgement I recently gave my daughter my handgun. She had a friend's boyfriend arrested for beating her friend up. He threatened her and her boyfriend.

She got a no contact restraining order and I loaned her my 9 mm.

Against my better Judgement I recently gave my daughter my handgun. She had a friend's boyfriend arrested for beating her friend up. He threatened her and her boyfriend.

She got a no contact restraining order and I loaned her my 9 mm.

did u press chargers, the police can charge him with making terroristic threats

If this bloke is still stalking you after this length of time then he is a nutter and is dangerous and not to be taken lightly. Take it seriously and consult a lawyer and find a cop you can trust to take it seriously. Then make sure you can defend yourself and if that means getting a firearm then do so, but as jillian points out, be sure you can use it and be sure you are competent with the firearm and that you won't allow it to be taken from you and used against you.

I have seen cases where men hunted down their ex-wives and killed them years later. One case here (I live in Australia) a British bloke hunted his wife down for years. He travelled all the way from the British Channel Islands and to Australia and travelled all over Australia until he found her and then shot her to death at work in the middle of the day. She had an order against him but a fat lot of good that did her.

Forum List

Back