How do we stop "the poor" from being so problematic?

We gave charity a chance after the Great Depression. Charity failed

Charity does fail when nobody has money to give. However charities often have guidelines and regulations that those who receive charity must follow.

Social programs are political. Democrats need people on social programs so they try to get as many on them as they can. You will find very few if any conservatives that don't want to help those truly in need. But way too often we see those programs abused by people who are perfectly capable of taking care of themselves.

All I know is I judge a country for how well it’s citizens are doing. Can you afford healthcare? Are you gonna retire at 65? I bet your not.

In fact republicans talk about raising the retirement and cutting retirement benefits. Is that doing as good as our parents or worse?

You American cons keep arguing to cut all the social programs. Many of you don’t believe they’ll cut yours. I wouldn’t be surprised and you’ll defend them. In fact you’ll blame democrats

Did you read what I wrote? I said cut those programs to those that are abusing them like Maine did with their Food Stamp requirements for people with no dependents. Know what happened when they made those requirements? Most of the people dropped out of the program.

Can I afford healthcare? No I can't. At the age of 57, I had employer coverage my entire adult life until that big-eared commie invaded the White House. Everything was fine UNTIL government got involved.

Retire at 65? I'm sure I'll be able to do that even though they already upped my retirement age to 67. It's less because of government. I've been contributing to my IRA for over 20 years now and by then, I'll have my apartments paid off and likely be able to have a comfortable income on that alone.

Only the right wing is that dumb.

Simply financing tax cuts and adding them to the national debt, is socialized Income Redistribution.

Only the right wing, never gets it.

The tax cuts aren't the wealth redistribution. The part where the government is spending more than it is taking in taxes, that's the wealth redistribution. Right wingers don't want the government to give us the future's money. We want them to stop taking our money AND to bang back with the spending, only the second part of that equation can't happen because politicians don't have the balls to reel in the handouts to their friends or the handouts to their voting bases.
It isn't Your money; it is money that is not going to fund Government.

If it's wealth that I earned or created, it is, in fact, my money. I don't buy into the notion that all wealth belongs to "the people". "The people" don't create it. Particular individuals do. If the government doesn't have the funds, maybe they should stop buying votes with the wealth of the unborn. At any rate, it's a greater priority to me that they don't do it with mine, so I'll take the tax cuts. If the assholes in Washington decide to keep spending anyway, the theft of the future is on their heads, not on my head for not funding their stupidity.
means nothing. Congress has the power and obligation to pay the debts. Deficit spending is merely income redistribution to the extent it gets added to the debt. It is not, Your money. It is money owed to fund government.

Only the right wing is that dumb.

Simply financing tax cuts and adding them to the national debt, is socialized Income Redistribution.

Only the right wing, never gets it.

The tax cuts aren't the wealth redistribution. The part where the government is spending more than it is taking in taxes, that's the wealth redistribution. Right wingers don't want the government to give us the future's money. We want them to stop taking our money AND to bang back with the spending, only the second part of that equation can't happen because politicians don't have the balls to reel in the handouts to their friends or the handouts to their voting bases.
It isn't Your money; it is money that is not going to fund Government.

Holy shit Danny....when are you gonna get a job?
You really need to stop thinking like a bottom feeding leech.
Is this the shit they teach you in Mexico?
“In the United States people are FORCED to share their checking accounts with lowlife parasites.”
equal protection of the law isn't free; and, our alleged wars on crime, drugs, and terror are worthless.

Our poor are our worst parents...they create more of their same.

The rich are worse

Our poor suck the most government tit.

The rich are worse

Our poor commits the most crime.

The rich are worse

Our poor does the most drugs.

The rich are worse

Our poor litters and vandalizes the most.

The rich are worse

Our poor commits the most animal cruelty.

The rich are worse

let's not deflect and divert to Wall Street criminals, big corporations..blah, blah, blah...Let's get real, let's get serious about our taxpayer draining bottom feeders....Whatta ya say?

It's not deflection if it is true. The rich raise sniveling entitled brats. They recieve more subsidies and breaks than everyone else. Most of them do cocaine and other hard drugs. They destroy ecosystems to put up their luxury mansions and mega-malls. They consume and monopolize the most resources. They slaughter trillions of animals each year to package into food products and market to fat American consumers.

Just the facts.
/——/ So Chelsea Clinton is s sniveling brat? WOWZA

You do realize criminals vote Democrat over Republican by a significant margin. In 2014 it was 7 out of 10 were Democrats but you always seem to distort the truth.
Oh please, get real.

How many unarmed whites are shot by police?

Remember Cliven Bundy and the armed stand off with state troopers?
Do you really think blacks or Hispanics could get away with that?
Case against Cliven Bundy, Nevada rancher involved in 2014 armed standoff, declared a mistrial

Remember Katrina?
Blacks "loot" but whites "find"?
looter.jpg

So anytime your kind makes these arguments, I look at where they are coming from.

“Your kind”? You sound like a bigot.

I’m not making an argument, I’m stating a fact.

Jail survey: 7 in 10 felons register as Democrats

In fact it is so important for Democrats to restore felons voting rights, that they push for it in most every state. Virginia for one, Democrats Just Won A Massive Victory For Voting Rights In Virginia | HuffPost

Pretty simple facts. Democrats portray themselves as victims, criminals will portray themselves as victims.
Yea, your kind.

I gave you multiple reasons why you are looking through the eyes of a bigot and TA DA! You prove I'm right.

A white guy selling drugs to pay for his habit has a disease. He needs "help".

A black guy selling drugs to pay for his habit is a criminal who needs to go to jail.

How do we know? Look at the Opiod crises.

Nut job how am I a bigot. You commented that criminals vote overwhelmingly GOP, I gave you facts that proved you made a wrong statement. You make a statement “your kind” and now I am bigot? I called BS on your statement and I understand you being pissed for being proven wrong.
Now you just flat out lied. Don't worry. I'm not surprised. Your kind does that.

deanrd Again, show me where I lied, oh wait you ran away from the thread you piece of crap coward. The reason you ran, is you know I didn’t lie. Fuck you deanrd, you a lying little bitch. Thanks for proving it!

The one sure way to eliminate the problem of the poor is to enable them to rise above poverty. Don't offer them another shitty government welfare program, just give them the opportunity. No one WANTS to be poor.

What opportunities are poor people deprived of?

You should spend a year in poverty and find out.
That isn't an answer.

Its the best answer in the world.

The one sure way to eliminate the problem of the poor is to enable them to rise above poverty. Don't offer them another shitty government welfare program, just give them the opportunity. No one WANTS to be poor.

That isn't an answer.

No, it isn't. What opportunities, specifically, are poor people deprived of?

That isn't an answer.

This conversation is going nowhere. You obviously don't want to think. You live by stereotype. You need to get out in the real world with open eyes. Go ask a poor person. Tell you what. Give away everything you have, go live in a box under a bridge, then go to the church, go to the food bank, go to the government and see what help you get. See what food you can afford to eat isn't what you are used to, see what medical assistance you can get isn't what you get now. See what housing you live in if you can get any at all. See the people you are put in with, the way people's attitudes change about you, the care you can take of yourself, loss of sleep from worry, chronic severe depression, see what clothes you can wear, see what kind of car you drive that you cannot maintain, see the attitudes of employers, see what loss of dignity does to your self-image, go through government training programs that go nowhere, take forever and teach nothing, live among the poor and uneducated in crowded, dirty, crime-ridden neighborhoods the police don't even go to, then ask again what opportunities the poor do not have. You fuckin make me sick with your arrogant dismissal of reality. How easy and simple it is to label the unfortunate as all just being lazy. Go work at a soup kitchen or food bank, talk to these people and get to know them. Maybe then you'll have the answer to your own question rather than sit in your pretty chair and warm house expecting me to hand it to you on a silver platter.

That isn't an answer.

This conversation is going nowhere. You obviously don't want to think. You live by stereotype. You need to get out in the real world with open eyes. Go ask a poor person. Tell you what. Give away everything you have, go live in a box under a bridge, then go to the church, go to the food bank, go to the government and see what help you get. See what food you can afford to eat isn't what you are used to, see what medical assistance you can get isn't what you get now. See what housing you live in if you can get any at all. See the people you are put in with, the way people's attitudes change about you, the care you can take of yourself, loss of sleep from worry, chronic severe depression, see what clothes you can wear, see what kind of car you drive that you cannot maintain, see the attitudes of employers, see what loss of dignity does to your self-image, go through government training programs that go nowhere, take forever and teach nothing, live among the poor and uneducated in crowded, dirty, crime-ridden neighborhoods the police don't even go to, then ask again what opportunities the poor do not have. You fuckin make me sick with your arrogant dismissal of reality. How easy and simple it is to label the unfortunate as all just being lazy. Go work at a soup kitchen or food bank, talk to these people and get to know them. Maybe then you'll have the answer to your own question rather than sit in your pretty chair and warm house expecting me to hand it to you on a silver platter.

All that patter..which I don't have to waste my time reading because I know what it says...is nothing but an excuse to be lazy and stupid. You accuse me of the things you yourself are guilty of. You accuse me of sterotyping poor people..which not only is completely not true, it is what you are doing yourself.

And it's because you can't think. Your mind has been warped by stupidity in public school...where you were taught that poor people are stupid and incapable of doing anything because their poverty or their skin color makes them perennial victims. That is in fact victimization and exploitation of poor people to support an ideology that feeds off poor and minorities.

You won't name specific ways that poor people are deprived of opportunity because you know you're making excuses that don't wash. Communism (which is what you are advocating) does not provide more opportunity to poor people. It simple creates a larger class of poor people.

In our county, a poor person can get food, they can get schooling, and they can get housing. Maybe YOU can't, because YOU aren't willing to do what it takes, or *settle* for a situation that you think is not *good enough*. But the opportunity is there. It's just that people like you refuse to seize opportunity because you think you should be GIFTED the things that the rest of us have to work our asses off to obtain.

YOU are the one who expects things handed you on a silver platter. I have worked my ass off in order to provide myself and my children with a warm and cozy house and a pretty chair (?). My happiness and my health and my wants have taken second place to providing for my kids myself. I don't get foodstamps. I don't get energy subsidies. I don't get housing subsidies. I don't get child support. I don't have a phD and I don't come from a wealthy family. And I am telling you to stop whining and wake up to the reality that life is fucking hard everywhere, but at least here in the US if you are WILLING to sacrifice your own comfort, if you are WILLING to work hard for less pay than you are worth in order to advance and someday perhaps accumulate respect and obtain self sufficiency or maybe even more...you can do it. The people in this country who have it the easiest are the fucking free loaders who spend all their time whining that hard working people like me don't give them enough.

I hate snot nosed whiny privileged pukes who have never worked hard in their lives telling ME that I'M PRIVILEGED because I fucking work my ass off to provide for my family.

They need to be locked up. Culls.

That isn't an answer.

All that patter..which I don't have to waste my time reading because I know what it says...is nothing but an excuse to be lazy and stupid. You accuse me of the things you yourself are guilty of. You accuse me of sterotyping poor people..which not only is completely not true, it is what you are doing yourself.

And it's because you can't think. Your mind has been warped by stupidity in public school...where you were taught that poor people are stupid and incapable of doing anything because their poverty or their skin color makes them perennial victims. That is in fact victimization and exploitation of poor people to support an ideology that feeds off poor and minorities.

You won't name specific ways that poor people are deprived of opportunity because you know you're making excuses that don't wash. Communism (which is what you are advocating) does not provide more opportunity to poor people. It simple creates a larger class of poor people.

In our county, a poor person can get food, they can get schooling, and they can get housing. Maybe YOU can't, because YOU aren't willing to do what it takes, or *settle* for a situation that you think is not *good enough*. But the opportunity is there. It's just that people like you refuse to seize opportunity because you think you should be GIFTED the things that the rest of us have to work our asses off to obtain.

YOU are the one who expects things handed you on a silver platter. I have worked my ass off in order to provide myself and my children with a warm and cozy house and a pretty chair (?). My happiness and my health and my wants have taken second place to providing for my kids myself. I don't get foodstamps. I don't get energy subsidies. I don't get housing subsidies. I don't get child support. I don't have a phD and I don't come from a wealthy family. And I am telling you to stop whining and wake up to the reality that life is fucking hard everywhere, but at least here in the US if you are WILLING to sacrifice your own comfort, if you are WILLING to work hard for less pay than you are worth in order to advance and someday perhaps accumulate respect and obtain self sufficiency or maybe even more...you can do it. The people in this country who have it the easiest are the fucking free loaders who spend all their time whining that hard working people like me don't give them enough.

delete

That isn't an answer.

delete
Worthless cull. You mean "ignore".You can't even get that right. Your brain just doesn't work the way it should. Thank your commie masters for that.

Moron.

delete
Worthless cull. You mean "ignore".You can't even get that right. Your brain just doesn't work the way it should. Thank your commie masters for that.

Moron.

I'd much rather have mere poverty of the body rather than suffer your kind of poverty of the mind and spirit. I feel sorry for you.

delete

Moron.

I'd much rather have mere poverty of the body rather than suffer your kind of poverty of the mind and spirit. I feel sorry for you.

You are lazy and mentally ill and should be put away. As should all people who refuse to support themselves.

delete

Moron.

You are lazy and mentally ill and should be put away. As should all people who refuse to support themselves.

Pretty much biblical, too.

Thessalonians chapter 3:10

delete

Moron.

I believe that as a community, we are charged with providing for the mentally ill, non working culls.
But I also believe that a person who is unable to provide for himself and is dependent upon others is subject to the care he receives. I.e., if you can't care for yourself, you don't get to live in a nice apartment and be issued a check each month to buy dope and food. If you aren't able to support yourself, you obviously have issues and therefore should not be considered a fit person to VOTE.

If I am going to support you, then I am going to put you in a locked facility, where you will be protected from the elements and from predation by other criminals who refuse to work to support themselves. You will be provided with the food I deem sufficient to maintain life in your body, and you will not be allowed to vote because you are obviously not all there.

Our ancestors chased worthless culls out into the wilderness if they refused to support themselves and their families..or alternately imprisoned them... and they dispersed their pathetic offspring among them, to be raised as best they could in the community. Those children grew into functioning, literate and self sufficient members of society. That is how you break the cycle of mental illness and depravity. Not by giving them 40 acres and a mule.

Moron.

I believe that as a community, we are charged with providing for the mentally ill, non working culls.
But I also believe that a person who is unable to provide for himself and is dependent upon others is subject to the care he receives. I.e., if you can't care for yourself, you don't get to live in a nice apartment and be issued a check each month to buy dope and food. If you aren't able to support yourself, you obviously have issues and therefore should not be considered a fit person to VOTE.

If I am going to support you, then I am going to put you in a locked facility, where you will be protected from the elements and from predation by other criminals who refuse to work to support themselves. You will be provided with the food I deem sufficient to maintain life in your body, and you will not be allowed to vote because you are obviously not all there.

Our ancestors chased worthless culls out into the wilderness if they refused to support themselves and their families..or alternately imprisoned them... and they dispersed their pathetic offspring among them, to be raised as best they could in the community. Those children grew into functioning, literate and self sufficient members of society. That is how you break the cycle of mental illness and depravity. Not by giving them 40 acres and a mule.

Or....this result:

From Peter Ferrara, “America’s Ticking Bankruptcy Bomb,” chapter five.

1. The road to hell is paved with good intentions. Such should be the epitaph of Liberalism.
  2. ‘Welfare’ as a wholly owned subsidiary of the government, and its main result is the incentivizing of a disrespect for oneself, and for the entity that provides the welfare. As more folks in a poor neighborhood languish with little or no work, entire local culture begins to change: daily work is no longer the expected social norm. Extended periods of hanging around the neighborhood, neither working nor going to school becoming more and more socially acceptable.
    1. Since productive activity not making any economic sense because of the work disincentives of the welfare plantation, other kinds of activities proliferate: drug and alcohol abuse, crime, recreational sex, illegitimacy, and family breakup are the new social norms, as does the culture of violence.

All I know is I judge a country for how well it’s citizens are doing. Can you afford healthcare? Are you gonna retire at 65? I bet your not.

In fact republicans talk about raising the retirement and cutting retirement benefits. Is that doing as good as our parents or worse?

I can indeed afford healthcare. And plan on retiring at 58. That isnt a sure thing...more of a goal. But its looking good so far.

Forum List

Back