How do the non-spiritual explain it?

You're confusing yourself. A singularity is the theoretical condensing of all matter and energy in the universe into one very tiny point. Mass is not infinite at speed of light because mass is not created or destroyed (how can it be infinite?) Speed doesn't create more mass, so what the fuck are you talking about? Do you even know?
Hey dumb ass know-it-all, Einstein was talking about INERTIAL mass becoming infinite at the speed of light, you idiot!

Gravitational mass is measured by comparing the force of gravity of an unknown mass to the force of gravity of a known mass. This is typically done with some sort of balance scale. The beauty of this method is that no matter where, or what planet, you are, the masses will always balance out because the gravitational acceleration on each object will be the same. This does break down near supermassive objects such as black holes and neutron stars due to the high gradient of the gravitational field around such objects.

Inertial mass is found by applying a known force to an unknown mass, measuring the acceleration, and applying Newton's Second Law, m = F/a. This gives as accurate a value for mass as the accuracy of your measurements. When the astronauts need to be weighed in outer space, they actually find their inertial mass in a special chair.

The interesting thing is that, physically, no difference has been found between gravitational and inertial mass. Many experiments have been performed to check the values and the experiments always agree to within the margin of error for the experiment. Einstein used the fact that gravitational and inertial mass were equal to begin his Theory of General Relativity in which he postulated that gravitational mass was the same as inertial mass and that the acceleration of gravity is a result of a 'valley' or slope in the space-time continuum that masses 'fell down' much as pennies spiral around a hole in the common donation toy at your favorite chain store.

To state the answer one more time, there is no difference between gravitational and inertial mass as far as we know.
There is no difference when MEASURED, but there is a difference on what is producing the measurement, gravity in one case and movement/acceleration in the other. So as acceleration increases to the speed of light, the mass measured increases and at the speed of light the inertial mass is infinite, a singularity. Since infinite mass cannot reach the speed of light, your time stopping bullshit is not possible.
Get It?

There is no difference when MEASURED, but there is a difference on what is producing the measurement, gravity in one case and movement/acceleration in the other. So as acceleration increases to the speed of light, the mass measured increases and at the speed of light the inertial mass is infinite, a singularity. Since infinite mass cannot reach the speed of light, your time stopping bullshit is not possible.
Get It?

No because what you are saying sounds so convoluted it doesn't make any sense. Inertial and gravitational mass are the same, the only difference is how they are measured. We cannot measure infinity, the value for it is unknown. That fucking sideways 8 is a nightmare for physics.

You can pontificate what your opinion is on what happens to matter at the speed of light, but physics simply can't support you on it. Dance around and try to muddy the water by introducing "special" mass, and you look like a bumbling idiot. Inertial mass is exactly the same as gravitational mass. Mass cannot create itself regardless of how you calculate it, so if you calculate "infinite" mass, the flaw is in your formula or calculations. In other words, you are arguing something contradictory to physics.

Now, the argument I have challenged is the prevailing theory that the reason we can't see beyond the event horizon of black holes is because gravity is so strong the light can't escape. That could theoretically be true, but it could also not be true. It is not conclusive. Most of the time you find me arguing points in science, I am simply arguing from the perspective that science is never conclusive. Theories are great, but they are not conclusions. Other possibilities always remain, and it's the providence of Science to explore those possibilities and discover.

Dance around and try to muddy the water by introducing "special" mass, and you look like a bumbling idiot. Inertial mass is exactly the same as gravitational mass.
Idiot! I introduced no "special" mass, you are just too scientifically ignorant to know how stupid you are.

Inertial mass. This is mainly defined by Newton's law, F = ma, which states that when a force F is applied to an object, it will accelerate proportionally, and that constant of proportion is the mass of that object. In very concrete terms, to determine the inertial mass, you apply a force of F Newtons to an object, measure the acceleration in m/s2, and F/a will give you the inertial mass m in kilograms.

Gravitational mass. This is defined by the force of gravitation, which states that there is a gravitational force between any pair of objects, which is given by

F = G m1 m2/r2

where G is the universal gravitational constant, m1 and m2 are the masses of the two objects, and r is the distance between them. This, in effect defines the gravitational mass of an object.

Dance around and try to muddy the water by introducing "special" mass, and you look like a bumbling idiot. Inertial mass is exactly the same as gravitational mass.
Idiot! I introduced no "special" mass, you are just too scientifically ignorant to know how stupid you are.

Inertial mass. This is mainly defined by Newton's law, F = ma, which states that when a force F is applied to an object, it will accelerate proportionally, and that constant of proportion is the mass of that object. In very concrete terms, to determine the inertial mass, you apply a force of F Newtons to an object, measure the acceleration in m/s2, and F/a will give you the inertial mass m in kilograms.

Gravitational mass. This is defined by the force of gravitation, which states that there is a gravitational force between any pair of objects, which is given by

F = G m1 m2/r2

where G is the universal gravitational constant, m1 and m2 are the masses of the two objects, and r is the distance between them. This, in effect defines the gravitational mass of an object.

None of this matters in relation to what we were talking about. Inertial and gravitational are two ways to measure mass. Big Whoop! Why does that mean anything to the question of what happens to matter when it reaches speed of light? You do realize that actual physics operates by nature and not by a calculation, correct? I mean... e still equaled mc2 when the dinosaurs roamed the Earth, we just didn't know it until Einstein came along... that wasn't when relativity began, you do understand this, correct?

F = G m1 m2/r2

None of this matters in relation to what we were talking about. Inertial and gravitational are two ways to measure mass. Big Whoop! Why does that mean anything to the question of what happens to matter when it reaches speed of light? You do realize that actual physics operates by nature and not by a calculation, correct? I mean... e still equaled mc2 when the dinosaurs roamed the Earth, we just didn't know it until Einstein came along... that wasn't when relativity began, you do understand this, correct?
No they are two different kinds of mass that are equivalent. They are only "the same" in calculations!!!

Matter can never reach the speed of light because its inertial mass becomes infinite at the speed of light.

Just because you are too stupid to understand the science does not mean "none of it matters."

Not to be confused with magical gawds and the silly "uncaused cause" argument.

That's YOUR cause, my cause has a cause.

Spiritual things exist eternally, they don't have a cause because they are eternal. They exist without presence of time, a physical dimension. It's not magic, it's just how physical and spiritual nature differ. You are the one who believes in some kind of magic. Somehow, physical nature defied itself and came into creation on it's own... you don't know how and can't explain how. Fits all definitions of magic perfectly, and that's your opinion. My opinion is, you are wrong. Spiritual nature created physical nature.
"Magic" is not a cause. It's an intellectual drop ten and punt because you're hopelessly ignorant of science.

You can posit all the various gawds and supernatural - magical realms you wish. It's obviously nothing more than your own adaptation of the appeals to ignorance, fear and superstition promoted by the ICR and other fundamentalist ministries.

You sure do spend an inordinate amount of your time vehemently refuting something you believe is non-existent. That's a little disturbing to me. It's a key sign of schizophrenia, have you ever been tested? This is not healthy for you, schizophrenia can lead to severe psychosis.

Let's take an objective look at your behavior. How many consecutive days does this make that the sun comes up and here you are repeating the same basic refutations of spirituality? Are you trying and failing to convince yourself? Because you're not convincing anyone else. You don't ever seem to have any new information or even anything substantial to support your disbelief. It's just another day and more relentless refutation of something you claim is non-existent. Bizarre behavior indeed!
b: It's a key sign of schizophrenia -

by ignoring the consequential results of the past and emergent scriptural religious dogmas your rendition of Spirituality confirms the well founded script that those who fail to learn from History are bound to repeat it ...

Spiritualism does not equate to personal gratification.

I'm having a hard enough time trying to understand one idiot, I don't need another one throwing indecipherable and incoherent half-baked sentences at me because he doesn't like my politics.
illiteracy is a poor excuse ... and a gratuitous calling card ( "in charge and on point " ).

LMAO @ two different kinds of mass! :rofl:

Almost as good as "organic organisms" ...where Hollie says life came from, ya know? ;)

LMAO @ two different kinds of mass! :rofl:

Almost as good as "organic organisms" ...where Hollie says life came from, ya know? ;)
It's a shame there Bossy. Your failed arguments for the supernatural realms you have invented leaves you with no options but to spam the thread with your typically pointless banter.

The Science community is only held to the standard of the Scientific Method. Don't whine about it, that's what Science has to adhere to in order to be Science and not be spiritual faith.

The problem is, people like you, silly boob, eddy and others, want to claim science has spoken on things it hasn't. Here Eddy is, making conclusions on what happens to matter at the speed of light, just after he admitted matter can't travel the speed of light. You see, this is the difference between faith and science. Eddy has faith in spite of science... even if he has to create his own "special" kind of matter! You have faith that life emerged spontaneously... (or from organic organisms. lol) Silly Boob has faith that IF a God exists, it can't be a certain type and has to be another type.

None of you have offered any scientific evidence for why spiritual nature doesn't exist and you can't. Science is physical science, it can't evaluate spiritual nature. For that you need human spiritual awareness, which you have but you're committed to suppressing. In fact, you are so committed your OCD has kicked in and you find yourself spending days and days of your personal time here, typing out the same mindless paragraphs.

Matter can never reach the speed of light because its inertial mass becomes infinite at the speed of light.

If matter can never reach the speed of light, how do you know it's mass becomes infinite? Also, how did you determine a precise value for infinity? You see, Eddy.... You have FAITH in what a calculation tells you will happen IF matter were to reach speed of light, which it can't physically do. But our physical universe operates on physics and not calculations or faith in calculations.

If matter can never reach the speed of light, how do you know it's mass becomes infinite? Also, how did you determine a precise value for infinity? You see, Eddy.... You have FAITH in what a calculation tells you will happen IF matter were to reach speed of light, which it can't physically do. But our physical universe operates on physics and not calculations or faith in calculations.
Actually, the universe operates under the auspices of the gawds who inhabit your magical spirit worlds.

Suckers are those who aren't interested in seeking the truth, regardless of where it leads.

Ironic coming from the sucker who is afraid of the scientific facts that expose the "truthiness" of his OP.

Prove this!
As if YOU could possibly understand it, idiot!

Mathematically, this increased mass is given by : m*γ where m is the mass of the object at rest and γ is the Lorentz Factor, a function of the body's velocity given as follows:

γ(v) = 1/sqrt(1-v^2/c^2)

As you can see, if you plug in the speed of light, γ becomes infinite ergo the object's mass appears to be infinite. However, an object can never be accelerated to the speed of light as some energy which is used to accelerate it will always add to its mass thereby requiring even more energy to accelerate the object at the same rate. Hence, an infinite amount of energy would be required to accelerate an object to the speed of light. This can be shown mathematically as well:

E = (γ-1)mc^2 where E is the Kinetic Energy of a moving body and c is the speed of light (m and γ are the same as before)

Again, plug in c in the formula and you'll end up with infinity again.

E mc SUP 2 SUP - Special and General Relativity - The Physics of the Universe

If a body with mass is pushed ever closer to the speed of light, the body would have to become harder and harder to push, so that its speed never actually reached or exceeded the speed of light, which we know to be the de facto maximum speed. In fact, by extension, if a material body were ever to reach the speed of light it would effectively have to have acquired an infinite mass.

This connection between Einstein’s equation E = mc2, where E stands for already seen that the Lorentz factor γ ≡
relativity_lorentz_factor.jpg
, so we can therefore also say that E =γmoc2 (where mo is the rest previous section) the mass of a moving object becomes greater and greater as its velocity increases until, at the speed of light, it becomes infinite.

Here Eddy is, making conclusions on what happens to matter at the speed of light, just after he admitted matter can't travel the speed of light. You see, this is the difference between faith and science. Eddy has faith in spite of science... even if he has to create his own "special" kind of matter!
Again you are toooooooo scientifically ignorant to know just how STUPID your pontifications are.

You think you can bluff by invoking the name of Einstein and by the fallacy of appeal to authority claim even he agrees with you and then you call that science! :asshole:

Notice how Bossy has adopted MY argument that time does not stop as a mass reaches the speed of light because me mass can reach the speed of light because its mass becomes infinite at the speed of light as if it was his all along. After claiming that time stopped WHEN mass reaches the speed of light, he now claims I have to be wrong because matter cannot reach the speed of light.

My theory is, when things reach the speed of light, time stops. Physics supports my theory according to Einstein.

Notice how Bossy has adopted MY argument that time does not stop as a mass reaches the speed of light because me mass can reach the speed of light because its mass becomes infinite at the speed of light as if it was his all along. After claiming that time stopped WHEN mass reaches the speed of light, he now claims I have to be wrong because matter cannot reach the speed of light.

My theory all along has been that it does not matter if matter's mass is infinite or anything else because at the speed of light, time stops. It can't physically exist without a time space in which to exist... doesn't matter what way you calculate it's potential weight.

As you can see, if you plug in the speed of light, γ becomes infinite ergo....

Ergo, you have a physics paradox which cannot exist in our physical universe.
Ahh. So this is where you revert to your claims that a supernatural component of the universe can be invoked, that magical portion of the universe controlled by the gawds in your supernatural realms.

Forum List

Back