How Do Gay Parents Explain How Babies Are Born?

Putting the rhetoric aside, it's pretty hard to argue - that as a rule with all things being equal - that children aren't best served by having a male and a female role model in their lives. It's the natural order.

How did your parents handle it? I bet your hypothetical couple would do something similar.
I think the difference there is that kids are pretty much in tune with their differences with their peers. So it wouldn't be exactly the same conversation because what children of gay couples would really be asking is why is my family different. They are probably much more interested in the answer to that question than they are about where babies come from.

Absolute rubbish. I raised my kids without help. I'm still a single father, my youngest is severely disabled and will always be my baby.
I sympathize with your situation and applaud your efforts as a single father, but the reality is children are best served by having role models of each gender. To argue otherwise would be rubbish. Are there exceptions? Sure. Are the exceptions the rule? No.

I think the difference there is that kids are pretty much in tune with their differences with their peers. So it wouldn't be exactly the same conversation because what children of gay couples would really be asking is why is my family different. They are probably much more interested in the answer to that question than they are about where babies come from.
I think you're making mountains outta mole hills in an attempt to demonize a certain group of people.

I think you're making mountains outta mole hills in an attempt to demonize a certain group of people.
Where did I demonize anyone? Seems like you are assuming facts not in evidence.

How is saying children are best served by having role models of each gender demonizing anyone? Or children notice differences in their peer group so when they ask about where babies come from they are after something more than what children of heterosexuals are asking about?

Because I don't see either one of those as a demonization. I see them valid and fair points.

Nope. It takes a man and a woman (they don't need to be married to produce crotch droppings). Kids are much smarter than creeps like you like to think. Stay away from the little ones.

It doesn’t take a mommy and a daddy? Odd, every child ever born had one of each.

Serious question because picture this; Little five year old Annie or Andrew goes up to his or her two daddies or two mommies and asks them this very question. Obviously they're going to tell them that it takes a mommy and a daddy to make a baby right?

So the very next question is going to probably be well where is their mommy or daddy? They respond with the fact that they gave them up. So the child would probably ask didn't they love them?

Most likely they'll respond with yes. So now the child is probably wondering why they got taken away from them. Then they'll be told because two daddies or two mommies can't make a baby and if they're in this situation they'll probably be what about Aunt David?

"She says that she's a woman now and can make babies. So a mommy can change into a daddy."

I swear what this generation is doing to kids these days is really frustrating me. Confusing the heck out of these poor innocent little beings.
Holy shit, you're stupid.

Do tubes give birth, except in your case
Does life start at conception? If so...

What is a test tube baby?

A test-tube baby is a baby who is conceived by IVF. IVF is in vitro fertilization where the word “vitro” means glass. In such cases, the fertilization is done outside the uterus in a glass vessel by combining a female egg with a sperm.

Does life start at conception? If so...

What is a test tube baby?

A test-tube baby is a baby who is conceived by IVF. IVF is in vitro fertilization where the word “vitro” means glass. In such cases, the fertilization is done outside the uterus in a glass vessel by combining a female egg with a sperm.

Take that and put inside a guy. See what happens. Of course, with the exception of your birth.

Serious question because picture this; Little five year old Annie or Andrew goes up to his or her two daddies or two mommies and asks them this very question. Obviously they're going to tell them that it takes a mommy and a daddy to make a baby right?

So the very next question is going to probably be well where is their mommy or daddy? They respond with the fact that they gave them up. So the child would probably ask didn't they love them?

Most likely they'll respond with yes. So now the child is probably wondering why they got taken away from them. Then they'll be told because two daddies or two mommies can't make a baby and if they're in this situation they'll probably be what about Aunt David?

"She says that she's a woman now and can make babies. So a mommy can change into a daddy."

I swear what this generation is doing to kids these days is really frustrating me. Confusing the heck out of these poor innocent little beings.
Wtf, what a mind numbing thread

Children aren't born with these freakish neuroses, so they don't get in the way of normal thought.

Forum List

Back