How Do Gay Couples Feel about not being able to have children?

That makes no sense

Homosexuals can still love kids....just like us

It makes perfect sense.

If you are naturally gay there should be no compulsion to have children
You can be gay and still love children

The number of same sex couples with kids prove you wrong

I never said gay people can't love children I said their nature excludes them from procreation so there should be no compulsion to have kids
It's the voices in your head that's telling you that. Get help !! Gay people are not sterile.
Where did I ever say gay people were sterile?

please quote it.

# 105 Sparky
I never said gay people can't love children I said their nature excludes them from procreation so there should be no compulsion to have kids
Only sterile people can not procreate

If a woman conceives, carries and birth's a child she is procreating regardless of how the child was conceived. You're just playing a silly ass word game.

It makes perfect sense.

It's the voices in your head that's telling you that. Get help !! Gay people are not sterile.

please quote it.

# 105 Sparky

If a woman conceives, carries and birth's a child she is procreating regardless of how the child was conceived. You're just playing a silly ass word game.

Aren’t you as well?

please quote it.

# 105 Sparky

Aren’t you as well?
No I'm stating facts. But the whole issue is stupid and pointless

please quote it.

# 105 Sparky

Aren’t you as well?
No I'm stating facts. ....

To be fair, so was the other guy.

If you are gay or if you know any gay couples, do you know if it bothers them that they can not have children together of their own?

If it were "mean to be" and it "totally natural" why are same sex couples not afforded a natural way to procreate?

if they want children, they adopt children or have a surrogate.

why do you care?

and do you believe that older couples who are no longer capable of having kids shouldn't marry?

or people who are infertile?

Marriage has nothing to do with it.

I am talking biology

If you are naturally attracted to the same sex then your natural sexual orientation excludes reproduction.
People can be infertile but still be attracted to the opposite sex so their sexual orientation does not exclude reproduction even if they themselves cannot reproduce.

If it is your nature to be attracted to the opposite sex then seeking to reproduce is contrary to that nature.

and I am talking about the fact that many people can't have kids for many reasons.

kids are not the purpose of marriage..... they are only one aspect.

In one of his letters, the apostle St. Paul wrote, that for women, having kids and giving birth is the justification for existence.
That's nice.....who cares, really?

100years ago, when whitches and whitchhunts were popular, witches were usually homosexuals, that also specialized in the trades about children, such as cursing them, poisoning them, abducting them, and so on. Who says homosexuals don't love children?

if they want children, they adopt children or have a surrogate.

why do you care?

and do you believe that older couples who are no longer capable of having kids shouldn't marry?

or people who are infertile?

Marriage has nothing to do with it.

I am talking biology

If you are naturally attracted to the same sex then your natural sexual orientation excludes reproduction.
People can be infertile but still be attracted to the opposite sex so their sexual orientation does not exclude reproduction even if they themselves cannot reproduce.

If it is your nature to be attracted to the opposite sex then seeking to reproduce is contrary to that nature.

and I am talking about the fact that many people can't have kids for many reasons.

kids are not the purpose of marriage..... they are only one aspect.

In one of his letters, the apostle St. Paul wrote, that for women, having kids and giving birth is the justification for existence.
That's nice.....who cares, really?

100years ago, when whitches [sic] and whitchhunts [sic] were popular, witches were usually homosexuals, that also specialized in the trades about children, such as cursing them, poisoning them, abducting them, and so on. Who says homosexuals don't love children?

Witch hunts were popular in 1917? Really?

It makes perfect sense.

Their nature does no exclude them from procreating. They do it all the time
Not all sex leads to procreation
gay sex never leads to procreation and never will
So what.? What is your point. Most hetero sex does not lead to procreation either.
Wow how thick is your skull?

If a person is gay not by choice but by biology then there should be no compulsion to want biological offspring because that is contrary to the biology of a homosexual

It makes perfect sense.

please quote it.

# 105 Sparky

No you're just to thick to understand

Their nature does no exclude them from procreating. They do it all the time
Not all sex leads to procreation
gay sex never leads to procreation and never will
So what.? What is your point. Most hetero sex does not lead to procreation either.
Wow how thick is your skull?

If a person is gay not by choice but by biology then there should be no compulsion to want biological offspring because that is contrary to the biology of a homosexual
You're just making that shit up or it's the voices in your head. My only question is whether you know that it's bullshit or actually believe it. Show me what evidence you have that a gay person does no have maternal or paternal instincts. It is just rubbish.

Gay couples don't even think about not being able to have children. They will just take yours.

Gay couples don't even think about not being able to have children. They will just take yours.
And do tell, how the hell are they going to "take yours" ? If you children get taken, it will be by the state or county CPS because you fucked up as a parent. Then a qualified person or couple will adopt them to save them from a childhood of being a ward of the court.. And yes, in most places, "qualified" includes gay people . So shut up already.

How do gays feel about not being able to have children as "a couple"

The same as any other couple who can't have children together......They feel like PARENTS

Actually it does bother a lot of gays. If they could, they would.
If you are gay or if you know any gay couples, do you know if it bothers them that they can not have children together of their own?

If it were "mean to be" and it "totally natural" why are same sex couples not afforded a natural way to procreate?

Because we did not evolve to be mentally content. And no, it doesn't "bother them", any more than it bothers a woman past menopause, or an infertile couple. They have access to adoption and surrogate services, just like everyone else..

Your implication that our evolutionary origins should dictate our behavior is idiotic. No offense. Don't believe me? Okay, go rape your neighbor's wife, to help ensure the survival of your genes. You know, like the good old days. Check back after to let us know what happened after.

But no more than any other infertile couple.

All gay couples are infertile? Do tell

Republicans are kind of tarded when it comes to emotional growth and adult behavior.

Many adopted children see their parents as their parents. Even if they aren't related by blood.

Republicans don't understand that.

Many Republican men only see women as a piece of ass and so don't understand that two gays could be in love. That's why right wingers feel they have to own their women. Because they are too shallow to understand anything else.

The sad thing is that a Republican on the USMB might read this and feel insulted, but they won't know why.

Republicans are kind of tarded when it comes to emotional growth and adult behavior.

Many adopted children see their parents as their parents. Even if they aren't related by blood.

Republicans don't understand that.

Many Republican men only see women as a piece of ass and so don't understand that two gays could be in love. That's why right wingers feel they have to own their women. Because they are too shallow to understand anything else.

The sad thing is that a Republican on the USMB might read this and feel insulted, but they won't know why.

^^^^^^^^ You simply can't make this shit up.

She's making valid points, seeking answers and you come in here with a big a deflection post as has ever been posted on these boards.

I was talking to progressive couple the other day, actually gave them a ride home from a small get together. A gay man was there and while in the room with him they were both acting quite nice to him, but the minute we got out of the driveway, good god they were lampooning the shit out of his homosexuality.

They both voted Sanders.

I have to take a minute to express my profound disgust and dismay at the way this thread – which started as a hateful and deceptive lie-has continued to be a torrent of vile swill of hatred directed at gay and lesbian people and casting aspersions on their fitness as parents. The people who are responsible for this have no shame and will stop at nothing, however bizarre and hateful to thwart the advancement of gay rights and have no qualms about using children as pawn in their failed fight against equality. Some of you are knowingly lying, while others have whipped themselves into a delusional frenzy. Either way, it is equally despicable because anyone who believes the bovine excrement that has been bandied about here had to have hatred in their hearts to begin with, and have seized on the lies that have been spoon fed to them to validate their bigotry. I will not be wasting my time and energy by responding further. Feel free to wallow in your ignorance and hatred until your fucking heads explode.

I sincerely believe that gay and lesbian people make fine parents, and that the children who are in their care suffer when the parents are discriminated against and not allowed to marry. This belief is not only based on a review of credible and peer reviewed literature, but also my personal, professional experience working in a child welfare agency where I not only investigated child abuse-including sexual abuse, but placed children into foster and adoptive homes. And, some of those foster and adoptive parents were gay.

Gay people have been a valuable resource and have taken in older and hard to place children with a good deal of success. My state of New Jersey was the first to allow joint adoption by gay couples some 28 years ago. Most states now allow adoption by gays. The only problems that are cited are anecdotal accounts of occasional abuse or a child who is unhappy about not having a mom and a dad, or propaganda from right wing hate groups. Let me remind you people that children who are placed for adoption have NO PARENTS, and, regardless of what they want or need, and regardless of whether we allow same sex marriage, there will always be children who do not have a mother and a father.

There is an airtight case for what I'm saying, and no one has been able to refute it. The only thing that you have are lies and myths to promote fear about gay people and gay parenting, not out of any real concern for the children but to advance their bigoted religious and political agenda.

I have to take a minute to express my profound disgust and dismay at the way this thread – which started as a hateful and deceptive lie-has continued to be a torrent of vile swill of hatred directed at gay and lesbian people and casting aspersions on their fitness as parents. The people who are responsible for this have no shame and will stop at nothing, however bizarre and hateful to thwart the advancement of gay rights and have no qualms about using children as pawn in their failed fight against equality. Some of you are knowingly lying, while others have whipped themselves into a delusional frenzy. Either way, it is equally despicable because anyone who believes the bovine excrement that has been bandied about here had to have hatred in their hearts to begin with, and have seized on the lies that have been spoon fed to them to validate their bigotry. I will not be wasting my time and energy by responding further. Feel free to wallow in your ignorance and hatred until your fucking heads explode.

I sincerely believe that gay and lesbian people make fine parents, and that the children who are in their care suffer when the parents are discriminated against and not allowed to marry. This belief is not only based on a review of credible and peer reviewed literature, but also my personal, professional experience working in a child welfare agency where I not only investigated child abuse-including sexual abuse, but placed children into foster and adoptive homes. And, some of those foster and adoptive parents were gay.

Gay people have been a valuable resource and have taken in older and hard to place children with a good deal of success. My state of New Jersey was the first to allow joint adoption by gay couples some 28 years ago. Most states now allow adoption by gays. The only problems that are cited are anecdotal accounts of occasional abuse or a child who is unhappy about not having a mom and a dad, or propaganda from right wing hate groups. Let me remind you people that children who are placed for adoption have NO PARENTS, and, regardless of what they want or need, and regardless of whether we allow same sex marriage, there will always be children who do not have a mother and a father.

There is an airtight case for what I'm saying, and no one has been able to refute it. The only thing that you have are lies and myths to promote fear about gay people and gay parenting, not out of any real concern for the children but to advance their bigoted religious and political agenda.

Give it a rest.

You were the one that brought up how scientists are working on a way to make Men unnecessary to reproduction. AND YOU THINK THAT HELPS YOU'RE CASE?

OK, imagine this PP, lets say a scientist does just that, making men un needed in procreation. You actually think men are going to sit around and say "OK, we are just fine with this?" No, long term I would not want to be the scientist, nor the lab, nor any of the lab employees, nor the folks providing the research funding, their family or friends. They will have a big target on their backs for trying to eliminate Men as a needed element in reproduction.

And for what, for lesbian couples that reject procreation in the first place to have biological children? Wouldn't bode well for them either.

But do what you will, you seem to feel a superiority over heterosexuals. But do not become your own worst enemy. You've made some strides, those can be lost in a heartbeat, and taking men out of the reproductive equation?

Really bad mistake if you ask me.

Why do you seem to be taking this so personally?

Forum List

Back