Homosexuality Represented in TV and Movies

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
According to a 2015 Gallup Poll, less than 4% of the population is gay (or LGBT).

That being said, why do you think that most movies and TV shows now feel it is important to include a gay and/or LGBT element in their programming?

PRINCETON, N.J. -- The American public estimates on average that 23% of Americans are gay or lesbian, little changed from Americans' 25% estimate in 2011, and only slightly higher than separate 2002 estimates of the gay and lesbian population. These estimates are many times higher than the 3.8% of the adult population who identified themselves as lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender in Gallup Daily tracking in the first four months of this year.

According to a 2015 Gallup Poll, less than 4% of the population is gay (or LGBT).

That being said, why do you think that most movies and TV shows now feel it is important to include a gay and/or LGBT element in their programming?

PRINCETON, N.J. -- The American public estimates on average that 23% of Americans are gay or lesbian, little changed from Americans' 25% estimate in 2011, and only slightly higher than separate 2002 estimates of the gay and lesbian population. These estimates are many times higher than the 3.8% of the adult population who identified themselves as lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender in Gallup Daily tracking in the first four months of this year.
In hopes that people like Sunni Man may eventually allow them to peaceably coexist, through a process of exposure therapy.

In hopes that people like Sunni Man may eventually allow them to peaceably coexist, through a process of exposure therapy.
BTW, almost all the BBC tv shows that air on my PBS station have a homosexual in them somewhere. Some of them even make out, close ups and all.
That would be so screamed at here. I think. I don't watch much network tv anymore.

It's part of our society now, but, I don't think it's really a good idea to turn a blind eye one way or the other about what is best for the individual and/or society. Like most things, I think open discussion is a good thing, but, that requires an open mind....

BTW, almost all the BBC tv shows that air on my PBS station have a homosexual in them somewhere. Some of them even make out, close ups and all.
That would be so screamed at here. I think. I don't watch much network tv anymore.

Like...

Mr Humphries?

upload_2017-11-25_12-54-42.jpeg

The brits are totally fucked anyway....

Wow, that's a huge gap between perception and reality.

Wow, that's a huge gap between perception and reality.

It just shows you how influenced many Americans are by the news and entertainment industry...

All these threads about gays. I suspect what you are really trying to ask is

upload_2017-11-25_12-3-57.png

`
`

I watch little TV, especially sitcoms, so I don't know how the LGBT community is being portrayed, nor do I really care. However, it doesn't surprise me that the TV industry is trying to foist a good image for itself by hyper-inflating the amount of gay viewers. People are dumb though, they'll just accept that. Look where the fake news is coming from now?

Like...

Mr Humphries?

View attachment 162610
upload_2017-11-25_13-9-37.png

Google wouldn't show pics of what he gets up to, but it's on The Collection, in the raw.
upload_2017-11-25_13-10-28.png

Great couple, Last Tango in Halifax.

I never watch the sitcoms.

John Barrowman-gay

upload_2017-11-25_13-22-53.jpeg

Eric McCormack- straight
upload_2017-11-25_13-25-12.jpeg

Both auditioned for the lead role in Will and Grace.

(guess which one got the part?)

You all just keep parroting that lie.

If you can read minds so well, why do't you tell us why they REALLY do it?

If you can read minds so well, why do't you tell us why they REALLY do it?

Just like when you kept calling for Trump to denounce white supremists when he already had, how many times do I have to tell you lying scum? I've posted it countless times. So to hell with you liars.

Forum List

Back