how did you first become interested in politics?!

i never had an interest in politics at a young age. when i got to college, i started listening to the teachers who were supposed to be our role models and the main thing i couldnt help but think was: are these people nuts? they were saying the most off-the-wall zaniest things you could think of. and they were all agreeing with each other, an echo chamber!
Most of my family are elected officials so I pretty much grew up with it from day one. It could be worse they could have been ran against several times They were pretty much unbeatable so they were only ran against twice since I have been alive. I am not as into it as I use to be. I am ready to retire so it just does not effect me like it use to. Politics does not come into fishing and golfing which is how I spend my free time today. I fought my fight now it's time to relax.

Oookay. :rolleyes:

In my family..I got like 1 cousin and one cousin's husband that got into politics, and quickly got out. Cousin's husband is too nice for politics..He really is.

The other cousin got into it to right some wrongs being done to the citizens. He accomplished his goal and went home and went fishin'. God bless him!
That is where I am at. I no longer show up to all the planning commisions and political dinners. I would rather just fish. All that shit was work,time consuming and expensive. In the end no one appreciated all that work so I do not feel guilty fishing. Leave it to the young.

My cousin fixed it, and proper, too..then didn't care to deal with all the other things anymore.

i never had an interest in politics at a young age. when i got to college, i started listening to the teachers who were supposed to be our role models and the main thing i couldnt help but think was: are these people nuts? they were saying the most off-the-wall zaniest things you could think of. and they were all agreeing with each other, an echo chamber!
Most of my family are elected officials so I pretty much grew up with it from day one. It could be worse they could have been ran against several times They were pretty much unbeatable so they were only ran against twice since I have been alive. I am not as into it as I use to be. I am ready to retire so it just does not effect me like it use to. Politics does not come into fishing and golfing which is how I spend my free time today. I fought my fight now it's time to relax.

In my family..I got like 1 cousin and one cousin's husband that got into politics, and quickly got out. Cousin's husband is too nice for politics..He really is.

The other cousin got into it to right some wrongs being done to the citizens. He accomplished his goal and went home and went fishin'. God bless him!
That is where I am at. I no longer show up to all the planning commisions and political dinners. I would rather just fish. All that shit was work,time consuming and expensive. In the end no one appreciated all that work so I do not feel guilty fishing. Leave it to the young.

My cousin fixed it, and proper, too..then didn't care to deal with all the other things anymore.
I hear you! I am just past caring. I am ready for that second childhood I hear people talking about. The good news is that my two childhood best friends are of the same mind. I now hunt and fish just about daily with the same two guys I did it with the first time around. My future is so bright I gotta wear shades. I spend just about every day on a boat or in chest waders in a creek. Pretty good way of life.

I hear you! I am just past caring. I am ready for that second childhood I hear people talking about. The good news is that my two childhood best friends are of the same mind. I now hunt and fish just about daily with the same two guys I did it with the first time around. My future is so bright I gotta wear shades. I spend just about every day on a boat or in chest waders in a creek. Pretty good way of life.

I'm jealous. I gotta work for about 15-20 more years. Still can blow off a day every now and then though.

That's why I loved it when my childhood friend worked with me. He'd suggest blowing everything off and going out in boat with case of beer, and I'd either approve or disapprove. Sometimes you can't do it that day, sometimes you can.

He respected my decision always, because he was always for the party side of things. We both knew that much.

I miss him.

I'm jealous. I gotta work for about 15-20 more years. Still can blow off a day every now and then though.

That's why I loved it when my childhood friend worked with me. He'd suggest blowing everything off and going out in boat with case of beer, and I'd either approve or disapprove. Sometimes you can't do it that day, sometimes you can.

He respected my decision always, because he was always for the party side of things. We both knew that much.

I miss him.
I am thinking of getting my skippers license and getting a job on a fishing charter boat. Why not instead of paying to do what I love, get paid. I learn the ins and outs working for some one then get my own boat!!!!!!!!!!! I already spend most of my time on a boat might as well get paid. I still work but not full time. I sub contract so I have a great deal of flexability. Mostly I work at night while stores are closed fixing or installing computer systems. Every once in a while I still do an appraisal but not often that shit feels like work. I accept that work when I want to buy some thing but for the most part I do not give a shit about real estate or roads and bridges any more. You can still get me to talk real estate some but roads and bridges no longer interest me. Your bridge falls down it's your problem, I wil not even look at your math any more.

Until my early 30's I never cared much for politics. Like many younger people, I was a pretty liberal teen. I smoked pot, hated the police, against all war, long hair bellbottom jeans wearing guy who played lead guitar in bands.

When I was in my early 20's I went door to door for the brother of my brother-in-law who was running for State Rep as a Democrat, but I still didn't know anything about politics; I was just trying to help somebody out. So in order to cast a vote for him, I registered as a Democrat.

We were at my sisters house for a holiday, and my father and I began arguing as usual about current events. My brother-in-law was helping my sister bring dinner to the table and he came in the dining room laughing. He said "you must listen to Rush Limbaugh religiously!" I didn't think much about it. I mean.....I heard the name once or twice, but only turned on the radio to listen to rock music. I had no idea WTF this guy was.

About a year later, the Democrats increased cigarette taxes, and I about flipped. Being totally ignorant of politics, I decided to try to learn. Then I thought back to what my brother-in-law said, and searched the radio to find this Limbaugh guy.

It was like listening to myself think only over the radio. I was amazed. I thought the entire country was turning Communist until I heard Limbaugh and later read of his quickly growing popularity. I realized that it was the media who had me believing 1984 was coming to fruition. It wasn't. There were many other people like me. I believed (and still do) that the Democrat party is nothing but a bunch of Communists only hidden behind a very American sounding party name.

When I saw how bad the Bushes and then Obama were hurting American citizens.

Mine was the 2000 recount. It was absolutely amazing to me that it became a win at all costs legal battle by both sides and statesmanship seemed to be dead.

It finally opened my eyes that it’s about money and power and not representing the people.

LOL, for me it was easy!

Used to just vote Democrat because I was poor and young.

During the Carter recession, went to work for North Township Trustees in NW Indiana that was run by Democrats...…...got the job because I was a registered DEMOCRAT.

I got paid 3 bucks an hr, and was FORCED to give 2% back to their slush fund in cash, AFTER I cashed my check, or lose my job. This was 1975/76, had a young wife and a baby, but that made no difference to the Indiana Democratic party; it was 2% in cash, or out the door with you and starve; we were starving anyway!

During the 1976 election, my baby son was sick, we had no insurance, and I and my young wife were at the clinic on election day. When I got home, my mother had taken a message from NW Township Trustees that I had not yet voted, and if I did not, it would cost me my job! I was scared to death, voted straight Democrat, and have since that time, have NEVER/WILL NEVER, vote for another Democrat again!

They were jack-booted thugs then, and have gotten WORSE since then!

Come on, now...you must be lying,

The Dems fight for the underclass.

They dont exploit the underclass!

Nope, 100% true, except I did misspeak. I did vote for Clinton for his 2nd term. He was a new age Democrat, so I took the chance. Personal problems aside, he and congress did their jobs. Credit can go to whomever you wish, but it was good times.

These NEW Democrats are NOT for the American people, they are for ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION, which hurts the American worker, it is just, that, simple. It also greatly hurts the American taxpayer.

That is why today, every person who is blue collar and/or a taxpayer, should pay attention! Doesn't make a difference if you are White, Black, or Brown if you are LEGALLY here. The Democrats are out to screw you, just like they did me, by a hidden tax on your pay! They want YOU to work for less, and pay MORE, because they know better! They will starve your family if need be, to get the voters they desperately need to hold power, all the while claiming that somehow those who want CONTROLLED immigration are your enemies, and somehow out to screw you!

And for those of you who listen to those that claim "What Washington does, has little bearing on the economy has a whole," THINK AGAIN!

History teaches all things, and remember------------------> history tells us that FDR PROLONGED the great depression through policy, to the tune of many years. And who did the same thing? OBAMA, even as he attempts to take credit now, although policies were changed DRAMATICALLY to jumpstart business by Trump. Same happened in transition from Carter to Reagan.

Don't be fooled, don't let them think you are ignorant! These Leftists are preying on your emotions, and hoping you won't realize what is right in front of your face----------->these Democrats are NOT JFK Democrats, in fact; they have MORE in common with Yuri Andropov then JFK.

Doubt me?

Then may I suggest you do a little research, and see what the BIG items of the JFK Presidency was, while looking up what good ole Yuri believed. Then take stock of who sounds closer to who/whom, when matching their policy initiatives with the Democrats.

All younger people need to face the realization that MUCH of the debt we have today would NOT be there if you parents believed like YOU do today.

Why?

Because instead of defeating the Soviet Union, we would have just succumbed, saved the money, and walla………………….you would live today in a country that closely resembles what the Democrats want to assemble for you!

We had greater plans and life for those who came after us. We knew what these pointy heads would do if ever given power over the globe, or even the United States. Sadly, it is more than obvious, you young people do NOT study history! Trust me when I tell you-------------->your children will curse you, if you succeed in dismantling the greatest/most powerful country the world has ever been witness to, in the name of FAIRNESS; which frankly is a joke, since if you dismantle her, there will be no protection for the rest of the world to rely on; including YOU!

in my early 20's when i discovered the truth the sheep in america have been brainwashed to believe their whole lives by our corrupt school system that it is a two party system when the FACTS are it is a ONE PARTY SYSTEM and there is no difference in the two other than name only and finally came to grips with reality there is no hope for the future of our country or the world as long as we have this corrupt one party system designed to look like two so the sheep think they have a choice in who gets elected.

in my early 20's when i discovered the truth the sheep in america have been brainwashed to believe their whole lives by our corrupt school system that it is a two party system when the FACTS are it is a ONE PARTY SYSTEM and there is no difference in the two other than name only and finally came to grips with reality there is no hope for the future of our country or the world as long as we have this corrupt one party system designed to look like two so the sheep think they have a choice in who gets elected.

Trump is a member of neither. They don't like that.

Until my early 30's I never cared much for politics. Like many younger people, I was a pretty liberal teen. I smoked pot, hated the police, against all war, long hair bellbottom jeans wearing guy who played lead guitar in bands.

When I was in my early 20's I went door to door for the brother of my brother-in-law who was running for State Rep as a Democrat, but I still didn't know anything about politics; I was just trying to help somebody out. So in order to cast a vote for him, I registered as a Democrat.

We were at my sisters house for a holiday, and my father and I began arguing as usual about current events. My brother-in-law was helping my sister bring dinner to the table and he came in the dining room laughing. He said "you must listen to Rush Limbaugh religiously!" I didn't think much about it. I mean.....I heard the name once or twice, but only turned on the radio to listen to rock music. I had no idea WTF this guy was.

About a year later, the Democrats increased cigarette taxes, and I about flipped. Being totally ignorant of politics, I decided to try to learn. Then I thought back to what my brother-in-law said, and searched the radio to find this Limbaugh guy.

It was like listening to myself think only over the radio. I was amazed. I thought the entire country was turning Communist until I heard Limbaugh and later read of his quickly growing popularity. I realized that it was the media who had me believing 1984 was coming to fruition. It wasn't. There were many other people like me. I believed (and still do) that the Democrat party is nothing but a bunch of Communists only hidden behind a very American sounding party name.

When I saw how bad the Bushes and then Obama were hurting American citizens.

Mine was the 2000 recount. It was absolutely amazing to me that it became a win at all costs legal battle by both sides and statesmanship seemed to be dead.

It finally opened my eyes that it’s about money and power and not representing the people.

LOL, for me it was easy!

Used to just vote Democrat because I was poor and young.

During the Carter recession, went to work for North Township Trustees in NW Indiana that was run by Democrats...…...got the job because I was a registered DEMOCRAT.

I got paid 3 bucks an hr, and was FORCED to give 2% back to their slush fund in cash, AFTER I cashed my check, or lose my job. This was 1975/76, had a young wife and a baby, but that made no difference to the Indiana Democratic party; it was 2% in cash, or out the door with you and starve; we were starving anyway!

During the 1976 election, my baby son was sick, we had no insurance, and I and my young wife were at the clinic on election day. When I got home, my mother had taken a message from NW Township Trustees that I had not yet voted, and if I did not, it would cost me my job! I was scared to death, voted straight Democrat, and have since that time, have NEVER/WILL NEVER, vote for another Democrat again!

They were jack-booted thugs then, and have gotten WORSE since then!

Come on, now...you must be lying,

The Dems fight for the underclass.

They dont exploit the underclass!

Nope, 100% true, except I did misspeak. I did vote for Clinton for his 2nd term. He was a new age Democrat, so I took the chance. Personal problems aside, he and congress did their jobs. Credit can go to whomever you wish, but it was good times.

These NEW Democrats are NOT for the American people, they are for ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION, which hurts the American worker, it is just, that, simple. It also greatly hurts the American taxpayer.

That is why today, every person who is blue collar and/or a taxpayer, should pay attention! Doesn't make a difference if you are White, Black, or Brown if you are LEGALLY here. The Democrats are out to screw you, just like they did me, by a hidden tax on your pay! They want YOU to work for less, and pay MORE, because they know better! They will starve your family if need be, to get the voters they desperately need to hold power, all the while claiming that somehow those who want CONTROLLED immigration are your enemies, and somehow out to screw you!

And for those of you who listen to those that claim "What Washington does, has little bearing on the economy has a whole," THINK AGAIN!

History teaches all things, and remember------------------> history tells us that FDR PROLONGED the great depression through policy, to the tune of many years. And who did the same thing? OBAMA, even as he attempts to take credit now, although policies were changed DRAMATICALLY to jumpstart business by Trump. Same happened in transition from Carter to Reagan.

Don't be fooled, don't let them think you are ignorant! These Leftists are preying on your emotions, and hoping you won't realize what is right in front of your face----------->these Democrats are NOT JFK Democrats, in fact; they have MORE in common with Yuri Andropov then JFK.

Doubt me?

Then may I suggest you do a little research, and see what the BIG items of the JFK Presidency was, while looking up what good ole Yuri believed. Then take stock of who sounds closer to who/whom, when matching their policy initiatives with the Democrats.

All younger people need to face the realization that MUCH of the debt we have today would NOT be there if you parents believed like YOU do today.

Why?

Because instead of defeating the Soviet Union, we would have just succumbed, saved the money, and walla………………….you would live today in a country that closely resembles what the Democrats want to assemble for you!

We had greater plans and life for those who came after us. We knew what these pointy heads would do if ever given power over the globe, or even the United States. Sadly, it is more than obvious, you young people do NOT study history! Trust me when I tell you-------------->your children will curse you, if you succeed in dismantling the greatest/most powerful country the world has ever been witness to, in the name of FAIRNESS; which frankly is a joke, since if you dismantle her, there will be no protection for the rest of the world to rely on; including YOU!

So Dems truly care about the underclass and don’t just exploit them for votes?

lol.................. flynn, cohen, pecker, weiselberg, gates, nader..................

:fu:

An abject lesson in why to not call people that disagree with you stupid. (Unless they're really really stupid)

1 really is not enough to warrant it. ;)

did i call anyone 'stupid'?

No. The other called you stupid and you got defensive as a reflex. It's a natural thing to do.

I wouldn't call you stupid.

oh, believe me, had i even noticed the slight, being called 'stupid' is as mild an insult as one can get on this board... & it would have rolled off my shoulder. but i appreciate the compliment just the same...

While "uninformed" is really more like ignorant, I'm calling it "Stupid" for this exchange.

oh please.

is that why the (R)s passed the biggest permanent for big corp in history, but a relative & meager temp cut tax cut for the tax payers?

'Splain, please.

how about her? she can do a better job than me............

I wonder how much of this bimbos tax break she gave back to the government? As George Bush once said "I've been told by some that they don't need a tax break. So I'm happy to announce that the IRS accepts checks and money orders."

What’s amazing to me is that you can always send in more than you owe to the IRS,.

If you want higher taxes, that’s great....just send in the amount you want over the minimum.

is that why the (R)s passed the biggest permanent for big corp in history, but a relative & meager temp cut tax cut for the tax payers?

'Splain, please.

He won’t..they never do.

she just gave a great example that explains it perfectly.

so fuck off.

Take a look at the Reagan tax cuts and then fuck yourself.

saint ronny is dead.

& he also ended up raising taxes several times.

'Splain, please.

He won’t..they never do.

so fuck off.

saint ronny is dead.

List the Marginal tax rates under Reagan year by year.

Our so called great political system is controlled by those with alot of money...but this has always been the case. Call it a major flaw.

'Splain, please.

He won’t..they never do.

so fuck off.

saint ronny is dead.

List the Marginal tax rates under Reagan year by year.

why? are you saying he didn't? & i'm supposing that your argument is ronny's tax cuts were worse than the (R) scum's latest round? why was the estate inheritance tax doubled? from 11 to 22 million b4 a penny is paid in taxes? how does that help the avg worker bee?

Forum List

Back