How DID we survive after all?

What 'really, really' stupid things did you do as a kid/teenager?

1. New housing being built, many 3 floors +sub-basements. We walked on beams, collecting slugs. How we didn't plunge to our deaths? :confused: (that was at 8 years old).

2. At 16, friend and I climbed out my bedroom window around 11:00 pm. Drove to Lake Michigan, we were going to go 'sailing' on her dad's boat. Neither of us really were ready. Luckily? for us, the dingy was leaking too fast for us to make it to the boat. Instead we just walked along Monroe Harbor until 2:30 am or so. There was a murder in Monroe Park that night. Got home around 4am, police were there. Only time I was majorly grounded. :eek:

Convinced my brother he could fly.

Off a second story porch.

A couple months later, convinced him he could really do it this time, because the dishtowel cape was fixed (even showed him the embroidery stitching).

The pedophile down the street never messed with us kids either, because all the other parents would have just made him "disappear" if he did.

We just repeatedly egged the pedophile's house until he moved.

The best part...

His first name really was Chester. :lol:

True story.

Convinced my brother he could fly.

Off a second story porch.

A couple months later, convinced him he could really do it this time, because the dishtowel cape was fixed (even showed him the embroidery stitching).

I convinced my oldest daughter she could fly off the roof.
After she splatted onto the ground, I convinced her to never trust anybody.

When I was in 1st or 2nd grade, I remember having slate fights. There was an empty lot with slabs of slate. We would wing these slate rocks the size of shingles at each other. I remember getting cut pretty badly on the leg. Just another scar though. :lol:

That reminds me of playing in Todd K's sandbox. We found old tin cans, filled them up with sand, then threw them up in the air.

I still have the scar on the top of my head where that rusty tin can full of sand hit my head.

Forum List

Back