CDZ How did we get here. (op ed)

Hey youngsters! Stay outta my yard!

Every generation complains about the next one. Each generation is smarter and better than the last.
Largely true, until the last half of the 20th Century. Since then, generations of programmed morons have been produced, with incompetancy increasing with each subsequent generation, so each is more incapable than the last.
So you admit you are programmed with incompetency...Interesting, no?
No. My parents avoided sending me to public schools.
I see, and somehow you believe that you are superior to everyone in every way.
In terms of education? Not everyone.

Knowledge gained simply further illustrates how much one does not know, so there's no point in getting cocky.
Just asking, why are you getting so defensive?

I found that you get much more education out of school than in school.
Of course. Mom taught me to read starting at age two, and since then I have automatically read everything put in front of me. I skipped the usual kids books, going from "The Pokey Little Puppy" to HG Wells, Stoker, Shelley and the like by age 7. My artistic streak had me studying human anatomy both artistically and biologically by age 8. Amazing what parents can do. I count myself lucky.

Entered first grade in Catholic school a year earlier than school policy. At that time Catholic schools were light-years beyond the public system, and remained so throughout my academic career.

I'm not defensive at all. Just fortunate.

Every generation complains about the next one. Each generation is smarter and better than the last.
Largely true, until the last half of the 20th Century. Since then, generations of programmed morons have been produced, with incompetancy increasing with each subsequent generation, so each is more incapable than the last.
The last two generations can't even count change back to you without using buttons on the register....Something I learned to do in grammar school....Hand them $5.06 for something that costs $4.81 and watch the smoke blow out their ears.

As for appearances, I see that more as a product of self-esteem than general respect for others, though one certainly begets the other.....If you ever watch old episodes of "What not to Wear", you can clearly see that the people they brought on the show had serious self-image challenges, that manifested in the way they presented themselves to the world.

Last edited:
The last two generations can't even count change back to you without using buttons on the register....Something I learned to do in grammar school....Hand them $5.06 for something that costs $4.81 and watch the smoke blow out their ears.

No shit. They have problems even typing in the .06 cents into their register.
As for appearances, I see that more as a product of self-esteem than general respect for others, though one certainly begets the other.....If you ever watch old episodes of "What not to Wear", you can clearly see that the people they brought on the show had serious self-image challenges that manifested in the way they presented themselves to the world.

Well, let me put it this way.
We're all supposed to be OK with people wearing earlobe stretching things. We're supposed to overlook their gay pride shirts, their rebel flag shirts, their black power shirt and/or KKK shirts. But there's some of us who don't want to see any of that crap on someone at a business that we have to address.
We could care less if they're doing it on their own time.

Let's say you're a progressive crybaby and you go into a store where the clerk is wearing a rebel flag ball cap. The crybaby gets all offended and throws a tantrum, and the employee will be punished. Maybe even fired.
So later on, that rebel flag hat wearing redneck goes into a restaurant where the crybaby, who's working there as a waitress, is wearing a pride shirt. So Billy Bob get all offended and throws a tantrum. 20 minutes later, he's been kicked out of the restaurant and thrown in jail for hate speech.

See what I mean?

And one more thing about all this: Guys like me just wanna go out in public, do our business, without all the stupid people with their politics and lifestyles being shoved in our faces. At least with employees of place we have to shop. Being a pretty small town, stores and restaurants are pretty limited.

No shit. They have problems even typing in the .06 cents into their register.
As for appearances, I see that more as a product of self-esteem than general respect for others, though one certainly begets the other.....If you ever watch old episodes of "What not to Wear", you can clearly see that the people they brought on the show had serious self-image challenges that manifested in the way they presented themselves to the world.

Well, let me put it this way.
We're all supposed to be OK with people wearing earlobe stretching things. We're supposed to overlook their gay pride shirts, their rebel flag shirts, their black power shirt and/or KKK shirts. But there's some of us who don't want to see any of that crap on someone at a business that we have to address.
We could care less if they're doing it on their own time.

Let's say you're a progressive crybaby and you go into a store where the clerk is wearing a rebel flag ball cap. The crybaby gets all offended and throws a tantrum, and the employee will be punished. Maybe even fired.
So later on, that rebel flag hat wearing redneck goes into a restaurant where the crybaby, who's working there as a waitress, is wearing a pride shirt. So Billy Bob get all offended and throws a tantrum. 20 minutes later, he's been kicked out of the restaurant and thrown in jail for hate speech.

See what I mean?

And one more thing about all this: Guys like me just wanna go out in public, do our business, without all the stupid people with their politics and lifestyles being shoved in our faces. At least with employees of place we have to shop. Being a pretty small town, stores and restaurants are pretty limited.
I know exactly what you mean....They (speaking broadly about the individuals in question) can't even dress appropriately for work anymore, which reflects not only upon self-respect, but respect for the employer.

Now, how would anyone in the world think that they, as a customer, would get anything but shoddy service out of them?

Last edited:
I know exactly what you mean....They (speaking broadly about the individuals in question) about can't even dress appropriately for work anymore, which reflects not only upon self-respect, but respect for the employer.

Now, how would anyone in the world think that they, as a customer, would get anything but shoddy service out of them?

There's a gal who works at the local Walmart, who's trying her best to be a guy. Short, man hair cut. Jeans, billfold. Looks like she might even be trying for a mustache.
The first time I went through her line, the person in front of me, a big black woman, just had to get rude with her. Saying crap like "You ain't no man," and "Why wahmot lets you poeples work here?" Anyways, the clerk just shrugged it off with a smile. Said "Thank you for shopping at Walmart."
So I'm up next. I joke with her and say "Don't let this go over $20." It's clear that I've got more than $100 worth of stuff. Anyways, she smiled about it. She scans a few items and I can see it's already over $20, I say, "no offence, but you suck at this, sir. I'm already at $30." Calling her sir, just made her day. Her face got all bright and shiny. And we laughed and chatted until I was paid out and leaving.

I'm not sure why it went down like that. Maybe I felt a little sorry for the way she was being treated before. I've always taken up for the underdogs. Maybe it was because, even as a transguy, she was still nice and respectful to walmarts customers.
I think if she had been a transgirl and looked like a guy, I might've acted different. Could be just my respect for women that I was taught growing up.
Who knows?
I guess we all got our own reasons, right?

After the dust settles, and court battles have been fought, science has proven that trans women/girl athletes are destroying real women/girls, they'll probably step up and be for transgender athletes competing ONLY against others of their kind. That way they can still be the National Organization of WOMEN.
LMAO.. I wonder how long it'll take the trans people to start changing things at N.O.W.

Decade After Decadent Decade, Generation After Degenerate Generation

So society can never get worse; it can never decline and fall? If we think that way, this nation certainly will drift into disorder, disaster, and disappearance.

I am reading exactly what you said, you want people to live up to your expectations and you refuse to allow them to live in their own or you will complain. Having the ability to decipher your language is not a "leftist" ability only. That is yer opinion and not a fact.

No, I just miss the days when young people were normal. When they kept their different lifestyles to themselves or with others like them. When things that weren't meant for society, were kept in private.
When respect was something honorable.
Now days showing respect makes you some sort of sheep. As in respect for law enforcement.
When friends didn't discuss politics or religion, because it was more important to have friends than allies.
Yea. No one thought the hippies were weird. :rolleyes:Come on. It’s every generation. Young people are just young people.

I am reading exactly what you said, you want people to live up to your expectations and you refuse to allow them to live in their own or you will complain. Having the ability to decipher your language is not a "leftist" ability only. That is yer opinion and not a fact.

No, I just miss the days when young people were normal. When they kept their different lifestyles to themselves or with others like them. When things that weren't meant for society, were kept in private.
Now days showing respect makes you some sort of sheep. As in respect for law enforcement.
When friends didn't discuss politics or religion, because it was more important to have friends than allies.
Yea. No one thought the hippies were weird. :rolleyes:Come on. It’s every generation. Young people are just young people.
They're still weird. The problem is that they and their offspring have come to power and finally created a kakistocracy here via the Democratic Party.

Yup, and it was the hippies that helped to keep the drugs flowing and the deaths of millions (by now) from OD. The divorces, street gangs, murders, rapes and all the other atrocities that has been as popular as is has since the 60's and 70's. The "I don't give a shit" attitudes that infest this country now.
The people aren't getting any better. Luckily there's still a lot of good, decent people left.

People walk down the streets looking and acting like fools. And proud of it.

What's this world coming to, an end?

Anyone else, who's part of the Gen X generation noticed this?
yes, but i've reckoned it not so much this particular generation, as the decline of humanity as a whole
That worries me. I'm afraid he'll end up like me for the rest of his life, blue collar.
dude, we built this country, along with every chair and computer folks are responding to you on....
It's a social grace i often miss too....
Guys like me just wanna go out in public, do our business, without all the stupid people with their politics and lifestyles being shoved in our faces.
well, that's the fine line you see......

~S~

Yup, and it was the hippies that helped to keep the drugs flowing and the deaths of millions (by now) from OD.
yeah, but they all got haircuts, and careers at phizer now.....~S~
After an HeirHead Meets His Guillotine, There Will Only Be Air Where His Head Used to Be

The Hippies were Preppies. Their permissive Daddies guaranteed their future no matter how they acted.

I can never understand what is so bad about being average and not wanting to be either rich or famous, just do your job & come home to your family & leave work behind. There is nothing wrong with wanting more, but don't see why not climbing the ladder makes you a lesser person. hired a man yesterday and he told me his goal was to pay off his house & truck. seems a fine goal to me.

Forum List

Back