How did the GOP fuck up so bad as to let this election become about pills and rubber?

and yet everyone ignores the law obama signed allowing us citizens to be detained without a trial....if i were the gop front runners i would be all over that
Bones, the law is an extension of the Patriot Act. I doubt the GOP wants to dwell on it.

You might also have noticed that this big pivot of the GOP onto the social issues occurred quite coincident with the realization that the economy's turnaround was genuine enough to have become a very difficult issue for the GOP to key on.

Any recovery is in its infancy. There is plenty for them to campaign on.

Romney is trying to campaign on 'it could have been better', it's 'despite Obama', and then Romney is proposing a budget that dumps another ton of debt on us while giving himself and his rich pals a massive tax cut.

That won't win in November.

Seriously? Talking about my neighbors sexual preferences is NOT important to the future of our country.

Debt, jobs, wars, taxes and the damn discussion is about some stupid college kid who wants free pills. If we don't change the subject we deserve to lose. Yeah, we may excite the base but at what expense?

It is orchestrated, of course, largely by the left including the Obama/DNC re-election crew.

The main stream media is, unsurprisingly, the completely-willing hand-maiden propagandists. They know their role.

But -- and this is a real serious problem -- it cannot be denied that the GOP is indeed screwing the pooch. They are actually PERMITTING the lefty Democratics to determine the topic. They are allowing it by even participating in this dialog.

It's like they still have not figured out that he who frames the question has the advantage in the debate.

The LAST fucking thing the Obama Administration and the re-election crew wish to discuss is the Obama Administration "record." And, naturally, you can't blame them.

So they have adroitly maneuvered to steer the conversation to some ground which they think best suits their own agenda. A miscue by Rush has played right into their hands, too.

If the GOP doesn't wise up -- pronto -- the DNC effort is a strategy that will work.

Certainly the Main Stream Media isn't going to lift a finger to alter this discussion.
I mean, seriously: did ya see today's Sunday Morning talking head "news" show "discussions?"

They know well...if they can keep the GOP nominee tap-dancing on issues like this...they just MIGHT be able to keep the conversation away from Obama's failures for as long as humanly possible.

Since the GOP is represented by the big banks and stock market they could cause an economic nose dive at any moment. My guess is they will not crash our economy until about a month before the elections and then turn around and blame it on Obama.

Now don’t get all fluttered if I come back in October or November and say I told you so.

As far as the common man goes the GOP couldn't give a shit

:)-

Last edited:
Seriously? Talking about my neighbors sexual preferences is NOT important to the future of our country.

Debt, jobs, wars, taxes and the damn discussion is about some stupid college kid who wants free pills. If we don't change the subject we deserve to lose. Yeah, we may excite the base but at what expense?

It is orchestrated, of course, largely by the left including the Obama/DNC re-election crew.

The main stream media is, unsurprisingly, the completely-willing hand-maiden propagandists. They know their role.

But -- and this is a real serious problem -- it cannot be denied that the GOP is indeed screwing the pooch. They are actually PERMITTING the lefty Democratics to determine the topic. They are allowing it by even participating in this dialog.

It's like they still have not figured out that he who frames the question has the advantage in the debate.

The LAST fucking thing the Obama Administration and the re-election crew wish to discuss is the Obama Administration "record." And, naturally, you can't blame them.

So they have adroitly maneuvered to steer the conversation to some ground which they think best suits their own agenda. A miscue by Rush has played right into their hands, too.

If the GOP doesn't wise up -- pronto -- the DNC effort is a strategy that will work.

Certainly the Main Stream Media isn't going to lift a finger to alter this discussion.
I mean, seriously: did ya see today's Sunday Morning talking head "news" show "discussions?"
In short? The GOP needs to grow a spine.

Then show us ANY significant contingent of the Tea Party that is somehow impacting GOP politics that is socially moderate, or even socially liberal.

There is no such animal. The social conservatives implanted a social conservative litmus test on anyone running for office who expects to acquire the Tea Party's blessing.

The tea party is about fiscal responsibility. The group that gets bypassed by the GOP elite.

You are just pissed they want fiscal accountability,
as that is a cancer to democrats, so before you call BS on that let me remind you about Schumers conference call of any cut is extreme.

Your turn.

So you can't name a single group amongst Tea Partiers that isn't socially conservative.

I'm as fiscally conservative as anyone on this board if you're talking about balanced budgets, pay as you go etc.,

but there is no place for a social liberal like myself amongst tea partiers and the candidates they back.

So...you're a "fiscal conservative", Carbineer...but you're a Barack Obama supporter? You're going to have to explain that one to me, brother.

The tea party is about fiscal responsibility. The group that gets bypassed by the GOP elite.

as that is a cancer to democrats, so before you call BS on that let me remind you about Schumers conference call of any cut is extreme.

Your turn.

So you can't name a single group amongst Tea Partiers that isn't socially conservative.

I'm as fiscally conservative as anyone on this board if you're talking about balanced budgets, pay as you go etc.,

but there is no place for a social liberal like myself amongst tea partiers and the candidates they back.

So...you're a "fiscal conservative", Carbineer...but you're a Barack Obama supporter? You're going to have to explain that one to me, brother.

It's simple. He's quite fully dishonest.

That's all there is to that one.

A bit of that. Mostly, I am coming to the conclusion that they need to be a whole lot more disciplined.

You can trace it back easily to Mitch McConnell stating that the only objective of the GOP is to make sure Obama loses in 2012. The Republicans are now eating their own. And I'm LMAO.

I think you can trace its origin to whatever point in time it was when the social conservatives took over the Tea Party.

Jan 20 2009

When the tea party became a Republican thing and not just a Ron Paul thing.

You knew the Tea Party was owned lock stock and barrel by the social conservatives when Sharron Angle and Christine O'donnell, two clueless fundies, got nominated with the full faith and credit of the Tea Party behind them.

The "O" Needs to go...

As in Republicon ?

Sorry but no.,..,., once it sticks it ain't comming off

Last edited:

A bit of that. Mostly, I am coming to the conclusion that they need to be a whole lot more disciplined.

OH bullshit. It's about money. $$$$ Congress, both sides, are bought and paid for. Quit blaming the media.

Your turn.

I have made my objections to Obama's fiscal policy very clear on here, including, but not limited to, opposing both the extension of the Bush tax cuts and the payroll tax cuts.

You can trace it back easily to Mitch McConnell stating that the only objective of the GOP is to make sure Obama loses in 2012. The Republicans are now eating their own. And I'm LMAO.
The GOP has talking heads now, not addressing ISSUES.

I have made my objections to Obama's fiscal policy very clear on here, including, but not limited to, opposing both the extension of the Bush tax cuts and the payroll tax cuts.

As a working American who has paid my taxes on time every time, which includes the SS tax as well I must add this one note. Our government has borrowed over $2,000,000,000,000 from the SS trust fund. If someone thinks that by cutting the employee portion of this tax for some short period this reduces the amount our government owes us they are mistaken. AND I WANT MY INTEREST TOO.

They know well...if they can keep the GOP nominee tap-dancing on issues like this...they just MIGHT be able to keep the conversation away from Obama's failures for as long as humanly possible.

Since the GOP is represented by the big banks and stock market they could cause an economic nose dive at any moment. My guess is they will not crash our economy until about a month before the elections and then turn around and blame it on Obama.

Now don’t get all fluttered if I come back in October or November and say I told you so.

As far as the common man goes the GOP couldn't give a shit

The GOP is represented by big banks???? Who runs Freddie and Fannie???

Oh, and the Democrats crashed the economy a month before the election in 08'.

The only people that will be hurt from the economy crashing will be the GOP......because they are butt-buddies with the rich.......supposedly. Obama will just blame it all on Bush or Fat-Cats....or the Republicans.

Last edited:

who the fuck ever told you this discussion was the GoP's idea?

I assumed it was Santorum playing to his base.

Interestingly, he is failing to ignite the Catholics... the very group he is 'defending'... We're opting for Romney in droves. :eusa_angel:

Nope, Romney has dropped nine points with the independents. he's losing them.

Forum List

Back