How did the GOP fuck up so bad as to let this election become about pills and rubber?

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Seriously? Talking about my neighbors sexual preferences is NOT important to the future of our country.

Debt, jobs, wars, taxes and the damn discussion is about some stupid college kid who wants free pills. If we don't change the subject we deserve to lose. Yeah, we may excite the base but at what expense?

Seriously? Talking about my neighbors sexual preferences is NOT important to the future of our country.

Debt, jobs, wars, taxes and the damn discussion is about some stupid college kid who wants free pills. If we don't change the subject we deserve to lose. Yeah, we may excite the base but at what expense?

There's been such a hard-on to undermine the ACA - because it doesn't look like it's gonna be repealed anytime soon - that the GOP was willing to let the wrong people take over the conversation.

Last edited:
Blame the media and yourself, actually.

You're mistaken the media's interest and side-railing with the GOP campaign.

These things are what the MSM want you to think the campaign is about.

and yet everyone ignores the law obama signed allowing us citizens to be detained without a trial....if i were the gop front runners i would be all over that

They should and they probably still will, but I think the reason they haven't is that they themselves are ideologically for it even more than Dems. They just want THEIR Chief Executive to have that power.

It's certainly what's on the democrat mind.

Indeed, sex seems to be all they think about.

I assumed it was Santorum playing to his base.

Interestingly, he is failing to ignite the Catholics... the very group he is 'defending'... We're opting for Romney in droves. :eusa_angel:

All it really takes is for democrats to take a position on something for conservatives to take the opposing position, In a way it is like the old reverse psychology trick that only works on the simplest of minds. These are not the droids you are looking for, move along.

How did the GOP fuck up so bad as to let this election become about pills and rubber?

Because when it comes to the economy, all they have is the same old greedy whine, and more people than not see it for what it is: A request for special treatment based on class.

Fair and simple taxes, a budget that's balanced by law, transparency in all things politics and then build an economy that your kids can drive to the stars.

:smoke: It ain't rocket science, y'all.

I think you can trace its origin to whatever point in time it was when the social conservatives took over the Tea Party.

Attempting isnt a take over.

But thanks for playing

Then show us ANY significant contingent of the Tea Party that is somehow impacting GOP politics that is socially moderate, or even socially liberal.

There is no such animal. The social conservatives implanted a social conservative litmus test on anyone running for office who expects to acquire the Tea Party's blessing.

I accept no blame for this. I've been bitching about it since it started. The media? Maybe. They do frame every topic around this when they talk. However I place the majority of the blame soley on the gop for mishandling it from the start. The whitehouse stepped in it originally and the blowback was highly visible. So what do we do? Follow them right in with stupid ass bills like the Blunt bill. We saw the writing on the wall when the whitehouse got negative feedback originally. And what did we do? Take it to the extreme opposite.

The J’s of course control the Republicon party these days and now that they are in power they believe that if they can force all women to stop using contraceptive practices that the J’s birth rates will start to clime instead of the declining trend they are in now.

According to a 2002 study by the Jewish Agency, "the number of Jews in the world is declining at an average of 50,000 per year."

Jewish population - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just a thought and really.,., is this the only way ?

:)-

Last edited:
You might also have noticed that this big pivot of the GOP onto the social issues occurred quite coincident with the realization that the economy's turnaround was genuine enough to have become a very difficult issue for the GOP to key on.

I think you can trace its origin to whatever point in time it was when the social conservatives took over the Tea Party.

Attempting isnt a take over.

But thanks for playing

Then show us ANY significant contingent of the Tea Party that is somehow impacting GOP politics that is socially moderate, or even socially liberal.

There is no such animal. The social conservatives implanted a social conservative litmus test on anyone running for office who expects to acquire the Tea Party's blessing.

The tea party is about fiscal responsibility. The group that gets bypassed by the GOP elite.

You are just pissed they want fiscal accountability,
as that is a cancer to democrats, so before you call BS on that let me remind you about Schumers conference call of any cut is extreme.

Your turn.

You might also have noticed that this big pivot of the GOP onto the social issues occurred quite coincident with the realization that the economy's turnaround was genuine enough to have become a very difficult issue for the GOP to key on.

Any recovery is in its infancy. There is plenty for them to campaign on.

I accept no blame for this. I've been bitching about it since it started. The media? Maybe. They do frame every topic around this when they talk. However I place the majority of the blame soley on the gop for mishandling it from the start. The whitehouse stepped in it originally and the blowback was highly visible. So what do we do? Follow them right in with stupid ass bills like the Blunt bill. We saw the writing on the wall when the whitehouse got negative feedback originally. And what did we do? Take it to the extreme opposite.

You accept no blame? Here you are perpetuating the debate by making a thread about it. As long as you don't shut the fuck up about it, the discussion continues.

Forum List

Back