How did the GOP fuck up so bad as to let this election become about pills and rubber?

In short? The GOP needs to grow a spine.

A bit of that. Mostly, I am coming to the conclusion that they need to be a whole lot more disciplined.

OH bullshit. It's about money. $$$$ Congress, both sides, are bought and paid for. Quit blaming the media.

No no, dope-o.

First of all, I was not blaming the media. I was just (accurately) INCLUDING the media. Reading comprehension could serve you well if you ever give it a try.

And no. It's NOT all about the money. That's such a cheap bit of freshman sophistry it is barely worth commenting on. Money is a motivator for many a politician. But the real fight is not about money. The real fight is about power and control. Until you someday can come to grips with that fundamental truth, you are destined to stay in the minors of political discourse.

Meanwhile, what the GOP needs to do is to get disciplined in HOW they react when the liberal Democratics and their propagandist-handmaiden media try to frame bullshit "debates" that are not actually worth discussing. They NEED to stop allowing themselves to have their eyes taken off the ball.

It's very difficult to hit a home run -- or even make contact with the pitch -- when you are looking at some shiny piece of foil on the outfield grass.

I have made my objections to Obama's fiscal policy very clear on here, including, but not limited to, opposing both the extension of the Bush tax cuts and the payroll tax cuts.

As a working American who has paid my taxes on time every time, which includes the SS tax as well I must add this one note. Our government has borrowed over $2,000,000,000,000 from the SS trust fund. If someone thinks that by cutting the employee portion of this tax for some short period this reduces the amount our government owes us they are mistaken. AND I WANT MY INTEREST TOO.

:)-

They've been borrowing $500 billion from that fund for years. We're the biggest debtor the government has. The debt to China pales in comparison.

Clearly you aren't aware of what "rope a dope" means and you are just projecting your own choice tactics but it's all good.

There's no reason to pick fights with either candidate now. Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake but don't you worry, Mud, Obama will take Romney on head on and wipe the floor with him when the campaign season starts.

True. Why jump in when the Repubs are beating each other up in their Repub Base Primary. :meow:

yeah sure, why when he has his lapdog media and his sheep followers who will do his dirty work for him.
but not to fret, you're all's time is a coming.

dirty work? The GOP'ers are beating themselves up. Why would a Democrat interfere w/ that? :dunno:

How did the GOP fuck up so bad as to let this election become about pills and rubber?

Because they can’t run on the issues; they have only the same failed policies to offer, the same failed policies that likely contributed to the near economic collapse.

The media ran with it and you sheep ate it up like candy.

Blame the media.
Nonsense.

and yet everyone ignores the law obama signed allowing us citizens to be detained without a trial…

And for good reason: the law authorizes no such thing.

Seriously? Talking about my neighbors sexual preferences is NOT important to the future of our country.

Debt, jobs, wars, taxes and the damn discussion is about some stupid college kid who wants free pills. If we don't change the subject we deserve to lose. Yeah, we may excite the base but at what expense?

Because morons like Santorum and Gingrich love to get sucked into such debates. Romney handled the question correctly by saying it's simply not an issue. Santorum, on the other hand, stupidly tries to debate it.

And then a couple of hours later, after his handlers took him to the woodshed, he changed his position and acted like he didn't understand the original question. He's a man of convictions, you know :thup:

I have made my objections to Obama's fiscal policy very clear on here, including, but not limited to, opposing both the extension of the Bush tax cuts and the payroll tax cuts.

As a working American who has paid my taxes on time every time, which includes the SS tax as well I must add this one note. Our government has borrowed over $2,000,000,000,000 from the SS trust fund. If someone thinks that by cutting the employee portion of this tax for some short period this reduces the amount our government owes us they are mistaken. AND I WANT MY INTEREST TOO.

The tax-cut-as-panacea disease, that the Republicans came down with 30 years ago, has even spread to many Democrats.

They cut the payroll tax because they were running out of working/middle class taxes to cut.

Cutting the payroll tax to stimulate spending is like borrowing against your 401K to buy a big screen TV.

Seriously? Talking about my neighbors sexual preferences is NOT important to the future of our country.

Debt, jobs, wars, taxes and the damn discussion is about some stupid college kid who wants free pills. If we don't change the subject we deserve to lose. Yeah, we may excite the base but at what expense?

Because morons like Santorum and Gingrich love to get sucked into such debates. Romney handled the question correctly by saying it's simply not an issue. Santorum, on the other hand, stupidly tries to debate it.

And then a couple of hours later, after his handlers took him to the woodshed, he changed his position and acted like he didn't understand the original question. He's a man of convictions, you know :thup:

And Obama IS a man of principle? Really?

koolaid.jpg

Have a seat...Drink up...On Me​

George Will understands:
Meanwhile, conservative columnist George Will is taking Republicans to task for their muted, forced comments regarding Limbaugh’s insulting comments about a young woman.

“[House Speaker John] Boehner comes out and says Rush’s language was inappropriate. Using the salad fork for your entrée, that’s inappropriate. Not this stuff,” Will said Sunday on ABC News. “And it was depressing because what it indicates is that the Republican leaders are afraid of Rush Limbaugh. They want to bomb Iran, but they’re afraid of Rush Limbaugh.”

koolaid.jpg

I didn't realize we were talking about Obama. Deflection noted.

Cutting the payroll tax to stimulate spending is like borrowing against your 401K to buy a big screen TV.

At least my family and I can watch the big screen TV now and not just wish we had one instead and besides the buying promotes jobs as well

So what's the beef ?

koolaid.jpg

I didn't realize we were talking about Obama. Deflection noted.

Obama and his handlers started this topic...to detract from his abysmal performance as a man, A world leader....as YOU bought right into it.

That's how.

See how it works assclown?

Sure you do.
icon14.gif

Thank Me.
icon14.gif

I think you can trace its origin to whatever point in time it was when the social conservatives took over the Tea Party.

Jan 20 2009

When the tea party became a Republican thing and not just a Ron Paul thing.

You knew the Tea Party was owned lock stock and barrel by the social conservatives when Sharron Angle and Christine O'donnell, two clueless fundies, got nominated with the full faith and credit of the Tea Party behind them.

Those two did nothing to make the Tea Party look good.

Then along came Michelle Bachman and she finished the Tea Party off.

A bit of that. Mostly, I am coming to the conclusion that they need to be a whole lot more disciplined.

OH bullshit. It's about money. $$$$ Congress, both sides, are bought and paid for. Quit blaming the media.

No no, dope-o.

First of all, I was not blaming the media. I was just (accurately) INCLUDING the media. Reading comprehension could serve you well if you ever give it a try.

And no. It's NOT all about the money. That's such a cheap bit of freshman sophistry it is barely worth commenting on. Money is a motivator for many a politician. But the real fight is not about money. The real fight is about power and control. Until you someday can come to grips with that fundamental truth, you are destined to stay in the minors of political discourse.

Meanwhile, what the GOP needs to do is to get disciplined in HOW they react when the liberal Democratics and their propagandist-handmaiden media try to frame bullshit "debates" that are not actually worth discussing. They NEED to stop allowing themselves to have their eyes taken off the ball.

It's very difficult to hit a home run -- or even make contact with the pitch -- when you are looking at some shiny piece of foil on the outfield grass.

A Cain supporter lectures someone else regarding politics. Priceless.

Jan 20 2009

When the tea party became a Republican thing and not just a Ron Paul thing.

You knew the Tea Party was owned lock stock and barrel by the social conservatives when Sharron Angle and Christine O'donnell, two clueless fundies, got nominated with the full faith and credit of the Tea Party behind them.

You'll see if the Tea party is finished off.
you all just keep PRETENDING the 2010 elections didn't happen

You'll see if the Tea party is finished off.
you all just keep PRETENDING the 2010 elections didn't happen

Quite a bit has happened between then and now. More will happen by November.

social conservatives have huge influence in the republican party. if they didn't, the party would still be fiscally conservative.
True.

And wouldn’t it be nice if that were the case: a GOP sans social conservatives, radical rightists, and Christian fundamentalists – they might actually be able to contribute meaningfully to the National debate again.

Forum List

Back