How did the GOP fuck up so bad as to let this election become about pills and rubber?

How did the GOP fuck up so bad as to let this election become about pills and rubber?

The J’s of course control the Republicon party these days and now that they are in power they believe that if they can force all women to stop using contraceptive practices the J’s birth rates will start to clime instead of the declining trend they are in now.

According to a 2002 study by the Jewish Agency, "the number of Jews in the world is declining at an average of 50,000 per year."

Jewish population - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just a thought :)-

Last edited:
Seriously? Talking about my neighbors sexual preferences is NOT important to the future of our country.

Debt, jobs, wars, taxes and the damn discussion is about some stupid college kid who wants free pills. If we don't change the subject we deserve to lose. Yeah, we may excite the base but at what expense?
Two words: Tea Party.

It's been a race to the bottom in order to get the votes of America's trailer trash, who are totally ignorant of the issues, and like it that way. 'Thinking' is for Liberal Elites.

Seriously? Talking about my neighbors sexual preferences is NOT important to the future of our country.

Debt, jobs, wars, taxes and the damn discussion is about some stupid college kid who wants free pills. If we don't change the subject we deserve to lose. Yeah, we may excite the base but at what expense?

It's been a race to the bottom in order to get the votes of America's trailer trash, who are totally ignorant of the issues, and like it that way. 'Thinking' is for Liberal Elites.

Your comment reeks ignorance.

Let me demonstrate.... Debt and debt service

DUMBASS.

Seems to me the Tea Party's agenda of balancing the budget is the same platform Obama ran on in 2008.... of course now we know it was all a lie as he has done the exact opposite.

Would you describe him as trailer trash?

LOL, that is why those Liberal Elites stand in "solidarity" with those fine upstanding OWS'ers.

I rather be trailer trash and still have some honor, integrity and morals then some of you condescending so called, liberal elites.

Last edited:

I think it's pretty clear that the left wanted this to be the main topic of discussion.

At least they have a chance when it comes to issues that make no sense.

When it comes to real issues they can't win.

Rope a dope.

Obama is an Ali fan.

Rope a dope.

Obama is an Ali fan.

Yes, instead of taking on the competition head-on he uses tricks, faints, and subterfuge.

Dishonesty, lies, deception. That's Obama's tactics.

Thanks for admitting what he is.

I'll explain it to you, but you won't like the answer.

The GOP got into this mess because instead of being a party of limited government, strong defense and fiscal responsibility, it decided that it was going to be the party of letting big corporations screw over working people whenever they wanted to.

But in order to get the great unwashed to actually vote for this, it decided that it had to play on its fears.

The thing really starts in 1972, when George McGovern ran on the "Abortion, Acid and Amnesty" ticket, which so offended many middle class Americans who didn't understand why their dope-smokin' hippy kids were pissing on the flag. So Nixon won a 49 state landslide re-election on the way to being impeached for unnecessary political dirty tricks.

And really, "God, GUns and Gays" became the staple argument of every GOP candidate since. Hell, I even bought into it when I was younger.

The thing was, the GOP never really did much about these issues, (other than the guns, were the Democrats have completely abdicated any attempt to control them), and these folks who kept voting for the trade treaties that sent their jobs overseas weren't seeing them abortions get banned.

That's how we got into this discussion.

The GOP needs to get away from the social issues and towards realigning itself with working people. Otherwise, it's probably going to go the way of the Whigs.

Rope a dope.

Obama is an Ali fan.

Yes, instead of taking on the competition head-on he uses tricks, faints, and subterfuge.

Clearly you aren't aware of what "rope a dope" means and you are just projecting your own choice tactics but it's all good.

There's no reason to pick fights with either candidate now. Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake but don't you worry, Mud, Obama will take Romney on head on and wipe the floor with him when the campaign season starts.

Rope a dope.

Obama is an Ali fan.

Lol

Rope a dope.

Obama is an Ali fan.

Clearly you aren't aware of what "rope a dope" means and you are just projecting your own choice tactics but it's all good.

There's no reason to pick fights with either candidate now. Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake but don't you worry, Mud, Obama will take Romney on head on and wipe the floor with him when the campaign season starts.

True. Why jump in when the Repubs are beating each other up in their Repub Base Primary. :meow:

True. Why jump in when the Repubs are beating each other up in their Repub Base Primary. :meow:

yeah sure, why when he has his lapdog media and his sheep followers who will do his dirty work for him.
but not to fret, you're all's time is a coming.

ONE ANSWER: Rick Santorum when he said this.

Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum, whose strong base of evangelical Christian supporters has thrust him into contention in Iowa, said on Monday that he believes states should have the right to outlaw birth control and sodomy without the interference of the Supreme Court.

In an interview with Jake Tapper on ABC News, Santorum reiterated his opposition to the Supreme Court’s 1965 ruling that prevented Connecticut from banning contraception.

“The state has a right to do that, I have never questioned that the state has a right to do that," he said. "It is not a constitutional right. The state has the right to pass whatever statutes they have. That's the thing I have said about the activism of the Supreme Court--they are creating rights, and it should be left up to the people to decide."
Rick Santorum: States Should Have Power To Ban Birth Control, Sodomy

And NO this is NOT the Media's fault. It's putting up a candidate that continually talks about Family values and makes absurd comments such as these that has thrust us--not into what is really concerning Americans--the deficit, the economy--gas prices, etc. etc.--Now because of RICK SANTORUM & Rick Santorum alone--it's about birth control contraceptives.

cath-lives-9.gif

And it's a LOSING ARGUMENT.

Last edited:

Seems to me the Tea Party's agenda of balancing the budget is the same platform Obama ran on in 2008

Obama's platform in 2008 was not about balancing the budget.

I think Rick Santorum shares a good deal of blame in bringing social issues that most conservative voters are not interested in making the main points of the general election into the forefront. He seems absolutely unable to utter the words, "I just don't feel that this is what most voters are most concerned about right now..."

That being said...I think the fact that most of the questions regarding birth control and contraceptives have been resoundingly BOOED at the debates shows that while Santorum may be unable to put these issues to aside, the GOP voters are.

I agree with those here, however...who state that it has been the Democrats and the media who have played the largest part in keeping discussion as far away from the economy, gas prices, the debt, and the fact that the REAL issue regarding the contraceptive madness has had NOTHING to do with the GOP wanting to get into people's bedrooms and EVERYTHING to do with stopping the government from trampling all over the Constitution...as long as its over an issue that they know they might be able to twist into a "GOP wants to tell women what to do with their bodies..." issue.

They know well...if they can keep the GOP nominee tap-dancing on issues like this...they just MIGHT be able to keep the conversation away from Obama's failures for as long as humanly possible.

Seems to me the Tea Party's agenda of balancing the budget is the same platform Obama ran on in 2008

Obama's platform in 2008 was not about balancing the budget.

Nope. Not a word. It was the total transformation of the country into his vision. Sort of like Ahmadinejad and his visions.

I think Rick Santorum shares a good deal of blame in bringing social issues that most conservative voters are not interested in making the main points of the general election into the forefront. He seems absolutely unable to utter the words, "I just don't feel that this is what most voters are most concerned about right now..."

That being said...I think the fact that most of the questions regarding birth control and contraceptives have been resoundingly BOOED at the debates shows that while Santorum may be unable to put these issues to aside, the GOP voters are.

I agree with those here, however...who state that it has been the Democrats and the media who have played the largest part in keeping discussion as far away from the economy, gas prices, the debt, and the fact that the REAL issue regarding the contraceptive madness has had NOTHING to do with the GOP wanting to get into people's bedrooms and EVERYTHING to do with stopping the government from trampling all over the Constitution...as long as its over an issue that they know they might be able to twist into a "GOP wants to tell women what to do with their bodies..." issue.

They know well...if they can keep the GOP nominee tap-dancing on issues like this...they just MIGHT be able to keep the conversation away from Obama's failures for as long as humanly possible.

Yep. I figure that the SOI, (you know, those that 'won't solve the problem' will be opened in June or July.) The costs are killing us and the dems are not going ignore it.

Attempting isnt a take over.

But thanks for playing

Then show us ANY significant contingent of the Tea Party that is somehow impacting GOP politics that is socially moderate, or even socially liberal.

There is no such animal. The social conservatives implanted a social conservative litmus test on anyone running for office who expects to acquire the Tea Party's blessing.

The tea party is about fiscal responsibility. The group that gets bypassed by the GOP elite.

You are just pissed they want fiscal accountability,
as that is a cancer to democrats, so before you call BS on that let me remind you about Schumers conference call of any cut is extreme.

Your turn.

So you can't name a single group amongst Tea Partiers that isn't socially conservative.

I'm as fiscally conservative as anyone on this board if you're talking about balanced budgets, pay as you go etc.,

but there is no place for a social liberal like myself amongst tea partiers and the candidates they back.

Murked, tell this to WARRIOR.

Forum List

Back