How did the GOP fuck up so bad as to let this election become about pills and rubber?

You'll see if the Tea party is finished off.
you all just keep PRETENDING the 2010 elections didn't happen

Quite a bit has happened between then and now. More will happen by November.

2012 won't be 2008. but it sure as hell won't be 2010, either.

I think so too. This election won't draw out the same numbers of Democrats but a lot of Republicans will sit this one out as well for different reasons.

Cutting the payroll tax to stimulate spending is like borrowing against your 401K to buy a big screen TV.

At least my family and I can watch the big screen TV now and not just wish we had one instead and besides the buying promotes jobs as well

So what's the beef ?

:)-

If you dont understand the stupidity of raiding a bankrupt system, do your fellow americans a favor and take yourself out.

You knew the Tea Party was owned lock stock and barrel by the social conservatives when Sharron Angle and Christine O'donnell, two clueless fundies, got nominated with the full faith and credit of the Tea Party behind them.

Those two did nothing to make the Tea Party look good.

Then along came Michelle Bachman and she finished the Tea Party off.

Steph? The think we're done...we disappeared...:lol:

social conservatives have huge influence in the republican party. if they didn't, the party would still be fiscally conservative.
True.

And wouldn’t it be nice if that were the case: a GOP sans social conservatives, radical rightists, and Christian fundamentalists – they might actually be able to contribute meaningfully to the National debate again.

isn't it interesting that a bunch of people left the democratic party (for the republican party) during the vietnam era (mainly over our intervention) and the last time we had a day where our national debt went down was the late '50s.

You knew the Tea Party was owned lock stock and barrel by the social conservatives when Sharron Angle and Christine O'donnell, two clueless fundies, got nominated with the full faith and credit of the Tea Party behind them.

Angle and O'Donnell lost in 2010.

Steph? The think we're done...we disappeared...:lol:

By finished off I meant destroyed any shred of credibility or hope of electing a leader who wasn't bat-shit crazy.

OH bullshit. It's about money. $$$$ Congress, both sides, are bought and paid for. Quit blaming the media.

No no, dope-o.

First of all, I was not blaming the media. I was just (accurately) INCLUDING the media. Reading comprehension could serve you well if you ever give it a try.

And no. It's NOT all about the money. That's such a cheap bit of freshman sophistry it is barely worth commenting on. Money is a motivator for many a politician. But the real fight is not about money. The real fight is about power and control. Until you someday can come to grips with that fundamental truth, you are destined to stay in the minors of political discourse.

Meanwhile, what the GOP needs to do is to get disciplined in HOW they react when the liberal Democratics and their propagandist-handmaiden media try to frame bullshit "debates" that are not actually worth discussing. They NEED to stop allowing themselves to have their eyes taken off the ball.

It's very difficult to hit a home run -- or even make contact with the pitch -- when you are looking at some shiny piece of foil on the outfield grass.

A Cain supporter lectures someone else regarding politics. Priceless.

An Obama supporter commenting on ANYthing political? Worthless. And laughable.

Laughable. Suits you, LonelyLaughable. :thup:

No no, dope-o.

First of all, I was not blaming the media. I was just (accurately) INCLUDING the media. Reading comprehension could serve you well if you ever give it a try.

And no. It's NOT all about the money. That's such a cheap bit of freshman sophistry it is barely worth commenting on. Money is a motivator for many a politician. But the real fight is not about money. The real fight is about power and control. Until you someday can come to grips with that fundamental truth, you are destined to stay in the minors of political discourse.

Meanwhile, what the GOP needs to do is to get disciplined in HOW they react when the liberal Democratics and their propagandist-handmaiden media try to frame bullshit "debates" that are not actually worth discussing. They NEED to stop allowing themselves to have their eyes taken off the ball.

It's very difficult to hit a home run -- or even make contact with the pitch -- when you are looking at some shiny piece of foil on the outfield grass.

Very lame. Do you think Belushi would approve of such a lame-ass using his image?

No no, dope-o.

I prefer to tag it 'LoneLunger'

icon14.gif

Very lame. Do you think Belushi would approve of such a lame-ass using his image?

You are indeed quite lame. Agreed.

Now, turning to your stupid question:

I do not believe it matters what Mr. Belushi might think.

As it turns out (psssssst) he's dead, you useless twit.

:thup:

Rope a dope.

Obama is an Ali fan.

Yes, instead of taking on the competition head-on he uses tricks, faints, and subterfuge.

Dishonesty, lies, deception. That's Obama's tactics.

Thanks for admitting what he is.

Clearly you aren't aware of what "rope a dope" means and you are just projecting your own choice tactics but it's all good.

There's no reason to pick fights with either candidate now. Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake but don't you worry, Mud, Obama will take Romney on head on and wipe the floor with him when the campaign season starts.

I think he's got the 'dope' part down pat.

Two words: Tea Party.

It's been a race to the bottom in order to get the votes of America's trailer trash, who are totally ignorant of the issues, and like it that way. 'Thinking' is for Liberal Elites.

Seems to me the Tea Party's agenda of balancing the budget is the same platform Obama ran on in 2008

Obama's platform in 2008 was not about balancing the budget.
It also wasn't the teabaggers' agenda. It was all cut, cut, cut.

It also wasn't the teabaggers' agenda. It was all cut, cut, cut.

That was not the agenda of the tea partiers, though.

Far from it. First was responsibility in government no matter the side...But hey? Dorkaholic knows ALL.
icon14.gif

Adherence to the basic command of a limited government of enumerated powers shouldn't be so appalling to our leftist-inclined pals. But it is.

I wonder why? :eusa_think:

That was not the agenda of the tea partiers, though.

Far from it. First was responsibility in government no matter the side...But hey? Dorkaholic knows ALL.
icon14.gif

Adherence to the basic command of a limited government of enumerated powers shouldn't be so appalling to our leftist-inclined pals. But it is.

I wonder why? :eusa_think:
Precisely because they know that left to thier own devices of the God-Granted and Recognized by the Founders Liberty they have...they know they can't make it without siphoning off others?

Just a SWAG mind you...

Seriously? Talking about my neighbors sexual preferences is NOT important to the future of our country.

Debt, jobs, wars, taxes and the damn discussion is about some stupid college kid who wants free pills. If we don't change the subject we deserve to lose. Yeah, we may excite the base but at what expense?

How are people so retarded they neglect the First Amendment???

Forum List

Back