How did the GOP fuck up so bad as to let this election become about pills and rubber?

Seriously? Talking about my neighbors sexual preferences is NOT important to the future of our country.

Debt, jobs, wars, taxes and the damn discussion is about some stupid college kid who wants free pills. If we don't change the subject we deserve to lose. Yeah, we may excite the base but at what expense?

Because morons like Santorum and Gingrich love to get sucked into such debates. Romney handled the question correctly by saying it's simply not an issue. Santorum, on the other hand, stupidly tries to debate it.

Have no fear...it's going to come down to the economy, the deficit, unemployment, ObamaCare and the price of a gallon of gas.

Democrats will try to make the discussion about abortion, gay rights and the "evil" 1%. What choice do they have? You can't run on an economy as weak as ours is, a deficit that's growing by leaps and bounds, unemployment still over 8%, and $4.00 a gallon gas but that's what we've gotten from the Obama Administration.

When your "signature" piece of legislation...ObamaCare...is only mentioned once in your State of the Union address, then you better know that it's turning toxic on the Democrats. As the true costs of what Harry, Nancy and Barry gave us become apparent, Democrats are going to run for the hills on the issue. As time goes on you'll be able to count on one hand the Democrats running for reelection who are going to tout their support of ObamaCare. Most of the Blue Dog's from moderate districts have already lost their jobs if they voted for the mess that Reid and Pelosi cooked up. More news like the 111 billion dollar additional estimated cost the CBO is now tacking onto ObamaCare over the first ten years will only cause more Dems to be led to the election year gallows. It's gonna get ugly, kiddies!

The media ran with it and you sheep ate it up like candy.

Blame the media.

Yes, it's the media's fault that sheep eat candy. Here's an idea that conservatives like to champion: Blame the one doing the eating. Don't blame McDonald's that you're fat.

Blame the media and yourself, actually.

You're mistaken the media's interest and side-railing with the GOP campaign.

These things are what the MSM want you to think the campaign is about.

I accept no blame for this. I've been bitching about it since it started. The media? Maybe. They do frame every topic around this when they talk. However I place the majority of the blame soley on the gop for mishandling it from the start. The whitehouse stepped in it originally and the blowback was highly visible. So what do we do? Follow them right in with stupid ass bills like the Blunt bill. We saw the writing on the wall when the whitehouse got negative feedback originally. And what did we do? Take it to the extreme opposite.

You accept no blame? Here you are perpetuating the debate by making a thread about it. As long as you don't shut the fuck up about it, the discussion continues.

Fair enough.

The media ran with it and you sheep ate it up like candy.

Blame the media.

Yes, it's the media's fault that sheep eat candy. Here's an idea that conservatives like to champion: Blame the one doing the eating. Don't blame McDonald's that you're fat.

Boy you're on a roll today aren't you? I don't disagree with you. But I hold the media at least somewhat responsible for public perception, being as how that's where people get their information from. When all the sunday morning commentators are interviewing the candidates and asking them all to answer to these issues, what else do you expect?

and yet everyone ignores the law obama signed allowing us citizens to be detained without a trial....if i were the gop front runners i would be all over that

Boo on Obama for that one. The silence on the GOP side indicates they are in favor of the law.

and yet everyone ignores the law obama signed allowing us citizens to be detained without a trial....if i were the gop front runners i would be all over that

Boo on Obama for that one. The silence on the GOP side indicates they are in favor of the law.

The GOP voted in lockstep with democrats, thus the reason for the silence.

They can distract from economic issues with this all they want. They're going to have to face them in the general and stand by them if they plan on actually swaying voters away from Obama.

They can distract from economic issues with this all they want. They're going to have to face them in the general and stand by them if they plan on actually swaying voters away from Obama.

Ndaa and the complete lack of back bone the GOP has shown, will have a TOUGH TIME GAINING MY VOTE.

DECISIONS DECISIONS. 28 trillion or 30 trillion by 2020 :huddle:...............:eusa_think:

Seriously? Talking about my neighbors sexual preferences is NOT important to the future of our country.

Debt, jobs, wars, taxes and the damn discussion is about some stupid college kid who wants free pills. If we don't change the subject we deserve to lose. Yeah, we may excite the base but at what expense?

There goes that subtle tactic again. You state something in the body of your post as fact when it is hardly true. You expect that it will fly as it is not the focal point of your comment. Do it enough....and the lie risks becoming reality.

The young woman never asked for free pills. She wants the insurance that she pays for to cover basic health care costs.

At least you are correct in placing the blame for the prevailing topic on the GOP.

There goes that subtle tactic again. You state something in the body of your post as fact when it is hardly true. You expect that it will fly as it is not the focal point of your comment. Do it enough....and the lie risks becoming reality.

The young woman never asked for free pills. She wants the insurance that she pays for to cover basic health care costs.

At least you are correct in placing the blame for the prevailing topic on the GOP.

Clearly you missed the point. Whether or not someone wants free birth control is the least of issues facing our country right now.

This isn't the Gops fault. This is a plan by the Democrats with the HELP of their lapdog media to talk about ANYTHING else except the Obama's failure record.

I think the people will see through it and vote how they feel in November. the Obama's approvals are still BELOW 50% and that is what they don't want the people to be reminded of.

Also people remember, the Lamestream media is not a FRIEND to Conservatives or Republicans..

get your news elsewhere

Last edited:

Ndaa and the complete lack of back bone the GOP has shown, will have a TOUGH TIME GAINING MY VOTE.

DECISIONS DECISIONS. 28 trillion or 30 trillion by 2020 :huddle:...............:eusa_think:

I like Ron Paul or no one at all, but I'm just part of a small fringe minority of about 5 or 6 million republican voters that are going to make or break it for the nominee, so what do I know.

We all know the issues you've listed above are more important than our neighbor's sexual preferences but we also know that sex is a far more interesting topic to discuss than the economy. Not a lot of people know a lot about economics, the debt issues, etc. but let's face it, 99.9% of us know at least something about sex in order to be interested. Sex sells more easily as a topic in order to keep people fired up. The GOP always seems to be wanting to restrict sexually activity in some way. Whether that is true or not, the GOP will pay the expense of ultimately always losing any sexual debate because no matter how pious and pure the GOP may seem, deep down we are all sexual beings and even the most pious give in from time to time.

I agree. Obama knows that he can't run on policy and certainly not the economy. Thus the question became, 'how to turn this to social issues to divide and conquer?' The focus from the right should be on health care reform that is going to tank the economy further.

Indeed... the left has delivered 40,000,000+ unemployed, inflation, $4+ gas, worthless US $, $16,000,000,000,000 debt, deficits, no budget, expansionary nanny state, home values off 40%, zero growth, stock market below 2004 levels, etc. and they have us arguing over free rubbers for some far left activist slut @ Georgetown law.

Amazing.

This isn't the Gops fault. This is a plan by the Democrats with the HELP of their lapdog media to talk about ANYTHING else except the Obama's failure record.

Personal responsibility in action, folks.

what would you on the left know about that?

1. You'd have to ask someone on the left.

2. How does anything that anyone on the left does, negate the fact that you're still espousing the idea that the GOP's own failures are the fault of other people?

Forum List

Back