How did it all go wrong between Russia and the West?

nicoleivy5

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2016
How did it all go wrong between Russia and the West?
_91928074_hi035107812.jpg

"It is hard to imagine a period since the end of the Cold War when relations between Russia and the United States have been quite so bad.

US officials have described the joint Russian-Syrian onslaught against Aleppo as "barbarism" and warned that war crimes are being carried out."

Putin: You know, it is very difficult to hold dialogue with the current Administration. You are a former Congressman, I do not know whether the situation was always like this, but there is almost no dialogue. What does it look like? The Administration formulates what it wants and then insists on the implementation of its instructions. But this is a dictate, not a dialogue. And this applies to almost every issue. We are ready for dialogue, but dialogue is a search for compromise.

And now I will answer the main question. What should be done to normalise the situation? The parties should acts as partners and take into account each other’s interests. We are ready for this.
Russia Calling! Investment Forum

Putin: This is the style that our US partners have developed over the past 15 or 20 years, and they appear unable to change it. Do you see that there is no dialogue? They just tell us what should be done and how. And then they invent methods to make everyone around them accept their positions. Their formula is “He that is not with us is against us.” This is their logic. But this is not productive, which explains the increasing number of failures.
Vladimir Putin answered questions from Russian journalists

It began with the overthrow of a duly elected President and his party in the Ukraine. I'd say that's the beginning of the downgrade of relations. NATO and the West backed the violent coup. Putin stepped in to assist Crimea as they were fearful of the new gang of Nazi lovers in Kiev and rightfully so.

The west was angry because Crimea is the crown jewel of the Ukraine with her ports and her oil reserves which are vast. And all hell's been breaking loose ever since.

But the west started this bullshit. Make no mistake about it.

It began with the overthrow of a duly elected President and his party in the Ukraine. I'd say that's the beginning of the downgrade of relations. NATO and the West backed the violent coup. Putin stepped in to assist Crimea as they were fearful of the new gang of Nazi lovers in Kiev and rightfully so.

The west was angry because Crimea is the crown jewel of the Ukraine with her ports and her oil reserves which are vast. And all hell's been breaking loose ever since.

But the west started this bullshit. Make no mistake about it.

This was a major step in the West's attempt to eventually get to Russia's natural resources.

Putin: You know, it is very difficult to hold dialogue with the current Administration. You are a former Congressman, I do not know whether the situation was always like this, but there is almost no dialogue. What does it look like? The Administration formulates what it wants and then insists on the implementation of its instructions. But this is a dictate, not a dialogue. And this applies to almost every issue. We are ready for dialogue, but dialogue is a search for compromise.

And now I will answer the main question. What should be done to normalise the situation? The parties should acts as partners and take into account each other’s interests. We are ready for this.
Russia Calling! Investment Forum

Putin: This is the style that our US partners have developed over the past 15 or 20 years, and they appear unable to change it. Do you see that there is no dialogue? They just tell us what should be done and how. And then they invent methods to make everyone around them accept their positions. Their formula is “He that is not with us is against us.” This is their logic. But this is not productive, which explains the increasing number of failures.
Vladimir Putin answered questions from Russian journalists

Obama can't use his "executive order" magic pen on Putin and other major leaders. He has not stick of strength and does not understand how to negotiate, just demand or totally give in to demands. A signed piece of paper is not an accomplishment if you give away everything including the kitchen sink and get nothing in return but lies and broken promises............and threats.

Forum List

Back