How did Birth Control become a right?

Ray From Cleveland

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2015
The Trump administration is rolling back the Obama-era requirement that employer-provided health insurance policies cover birth control methods at no cost to women.

According to senior officials with the Department of Health and Human Services, the goal of the new rule is to allow any company or nonprofit group to exclude the coverage for contraception if it has a religious or moral objection.

The change fulfills a promise President Trump made in May to the Catholic religious order The Little Sisters of the Poor in a ceremony in the White House Rose Garden. The nuns had sued the Obama administration over the birth control requirement.

It also sets up a fight between advocates of religious freedom and those of equal rights for women. The American Civil Liberties Union sued the Trump Administration within hours of the rule being published, claiming it violated the 14th Amendment's Equal Protection Clause, which ensures that all people receive equal protection under the law.

Longer-acting contraception, like an intrauterine device, can cost more than $1,000, says Sarah Lipton-Lubet, a vice president at the National Partnership for Women and Families. She says the new rule is a tool for discrimination against women.

"Women shouldn't be denied access to basic health care based on their employers' religious beliefs," she says. "We all have the right to our religious beliefs. But the way that this rule treats religion is really an excuse to discriminate."

In addition to the ACLU, Massachusetts Attorney General Maura Healey, and California Attorney General Javier Becerra announced they too plan to file suit opposing the new rule.

Trump Guts Requirement That Employer Health Plans Pay For Birth Control

Maybe some of you leftists can help me out here. How in the world can you say not forcing employers to provide birth control is a violation of equal protection? What's not equal about it? And how is not paying for it "denying access" to birth control? Is there some law that states you can't buy birth control for yourself, and that only your employer can buy it for you?

Who here believes that when the founders wrote the Constitution, that they had forcing employers to provide things for their employees in mind?

By passing legislation in the liberal media that's how. Its called propaganda, can't muster the support of the American people, can't get actual laws passed, then use propaganda in the schools and media to faux pass it.

By passing legislation in the liberal media that's how. Its called propaganda, can't muster the support of the American people, can't get actual laws passed, then use propaganda in the schools and media to faux pass it.

I get that. What I don't get is how anybody can file a lawsuit over it. Employers provide (or should be allowed to provide) whatever benefits they desire. No government should force any industry to provide anything but a safe workplace and reasonable demands of an employee.

What's even more disturbing is that some liberal court will actually rule employees have the right to free birth control by their employers.

I get that. What I don't get is how anybody can file a lawsuit over it. Employers provide (or should be allowed to provide) whatever benefits they desire. No government should force any industry to provide anything but a safe workplace and reasonable demands of an employee.

What's even more disturbing is that some liberal court will actually rule employees have the right to free birth control by their employers.

The rule of law is precarious in this country. When a president and congress flagrantly ignore our laws and Constitution naturally the lower state governments and courts follow suit, then the people. Even some liberal legal scholars are concerned by this.

The Trump administration is rolling back the Obama-era requirement that employer-provided health insurance policies cover birth control methods at no cost to women.

According to senior officials with the Department of Health and Human Services, the goal of the new rule is to allow any company or nonprofit group to exclude the coverage for contraception if it has a religious or moral objection.

The change fulfills a promise President Trump made in May to the Catholic religious order The Little Sisters of the Poor in a ceremony in the White House Rose Garden. The nuns had sued the Obama administration over the birth control requirement.

It also sets up a fight between advocates of religious freedom and those of equal rights for women. The American Civil Liberties Union sued the Trump Administration within hours of the rule being published, claiming it violated the 14th Amendment's Equal Protection Clause, which ensures that all people receive equal protection under the law.

Longer-acting contraception, like an intrauterine device, can cost more than $1,000, says Sarah Lipton-Lubet, a vice president at the National Partnership for Women and Families. She says the new rule is a tool for discrimination against women.

"Women shouldn't be denied access to basic health care based on their employers' religious beliefs," she says. "We all have the right to our religious beliefs. But the way that this rule treats religion is really an excuse to discriminate."

In addition to the ACLU, Massachusetts Attorney General Maura Healey, and California Attorney General Javier Becerra announced they too plan to file suit opposing the new rule.

Trump Guts Requirement That Employer Health Plans Pay For Birth Control

Maybe some of you leftists can help me out here. How in the world can you say not forcing employers to provide birth control is a violation of equal protection? What's not equal about it? And how is not paying for it "denying access" to birth control? Is there some law that states you can't buy birth control for yourself, and that only your employer can buy it for you?

Who here believes that when the founders wrote the Constitution, that they had forcing employers to provide things for their employees in mind?

You men probably insisted upon it, you got tired of paying for abortions.

Who gave the white men in the house, (the GOP) the right to decide when human life begins?

When religious rights override civil rights, we all lose. Remember that when it comes to Muslims, and the Jews who still perform sucking circumcision.

Now if a family wants FGM what right does the gov of this country have the right to lock that doctor up?

But allow a male to suck a little infants penis till it stops bleeding??

When religious rights override civil rights, we all lose. Remember that when it comes to Muslims, and the Jews who still perform sucking circumcision.

Forcing employers to pay for birth control is a civil right? HTF did you come up with that?

Who gave the white men in the house, (the GOP) the right to decide when human life begins?

Who gave that right to the left?

The gov did that is who. Sure beats having abortions. I don't want to pay for prostate checks but we do.

when they wrote the constitution , we had single shot muzzle loaders, who said everyone should carry a semi auto pistol.

Want to go back to the writing of the constitution , lets do it.

The gov did that is who. Sure beats having abortions. I don't want to pay for prostate checks but we do.

when they wrote the constitution , we had single shot muzzle loaders, who said everyone should carry a semi auto pistol.

You can find the amendment that gave us the right to bear arms. Where is the amendment that states the federal government can force employers what to provide their employees? Oh, and BTW, a prostate check is not a recreational activity.

Get out your quill pen and ink well then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yo

You can find the amendment that gave us the right to bear arms. Where is the amendment that states the federal government can force employers what to provide their employees? Oh, and BTW, a prostate check is not a recreational activity.

It meant every abled body man to have access to a weapon and gear in case of a war, not for everyone to pack a pistol. It was to fight other states, Indians, French and British.

today we have the NG and Cops.

We need to get rid of the EC as well, that was at a time when most didn't read and information was by morse code and pony express. Only the rich voted.

Get out your quill pen and ink well then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lets go back. I spent most of my life without a computer or cell phone. The Constitution is obsolete.

Yo

It meant every abled body man to have access to a weapon and gear in case of a war, not for everyone to pack a pistol. It was to fight other states, Indians, French and British.

today we have the NG and Cops.

We need to get rid of the EC as well, that was at a time when most didn't read and information was by morse code and pony express. Only the rich voted.

Too bad for you the Supreme Court didn't see it that way. Every citizen can't have a cop at their side every minute of the day. Defending yourself from an enemy is defending yourself from an enemy no matter who they are.

Want to get rid of the college? Get a constitutional amendment going. Until that time, it's here to stay.

God.

Wouldn't be an issue if the right didn't fuck around with such things.

Wouldn't be an issue if the right didn't fuck around with such things.

Wouldn't be an issue if the left just governed when in charge and not try to takeover private industries.

Forum List

Back