How close do you think November will be?

How close do you think November will be?

• Bush is going to humilate Kerry

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Bush will win by a decent margin

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Even closer than 2000, but Bush will pull it off

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • It will actually be a tie and the House will have to decide

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kerry is going to humilate Bush

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Kerry will win by a decent marginE

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Even closer than 2000, but Kerry will pull it off

Votes: 4 14.3%

• Total voters
I'm having doubts, florida voting system is not fixed yet, and georgia is going all voting machines, no ballots.

Bush still has his october suprise to whip out. And he can always cancel the election in the name of national security. Its already in their views, the liberals will lose the war and we will be invaded by hoards of militants, ya right.

Originally posted by Xenimus
I'm having doubts, florida voting system is not fixed yet, and georgia is going all voting machines, no ballots.

Bush still has his october suprise to whip out. And he can always cancel the election in the name of national security. Its already in their views, the liberals will lose the war and we will be invaded by hoards of militants, ya right.

Spoken like a true ass. No pun intended.

No Avatar I don't. My instincts tell me that one or the other will run away with it, but I never thought I'd see 2000 turn out the way it did.

I still think when it gets close to election time, Bush will carry handily.

Originally posted by Gop guy
Who are the two that choose "Bush is going to humilate Kerry"

I did. im still confident. The Iraq transfer of power is going to be happening soon. Bush has just accomplished something unprecidented in freeing a nation and helping them set up self governing system in less then two years. if it was just Iraq, it would be amazing but we have to remember we did the same with Aghanistan as well.

Add to that the fact that the economy is roaring back. That Kerry contradicts himself every time he opens his mouth. Bush pretty much already has a clear victory. atleast if nothing changes.

But We also have to remember that the Republican covenention is after The Democrats. The Democrat covention has to compete with Bill Clintons book, which will suck the air out of Kerry's camp, and then they have to deal with the Olympics flooding them out of the news and killing whatever momentum they have after recovering from the Clinton book. Kerry isnt in great shape. Those are just some of the problems he is facing.

Its a close race, but mostly in states that should be a lock fo Kerry. and Despite the LA times poll that seems to put Kerry 7 points ahead of Bush, while somehow having Bush ahead in double digists in missouri and ahead by a few in ohio and wisconson not to mention the close races in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and California, Kerry is essentially a dead duck.

And this isnt even factoring in the debates. we have to remember that everytime kerry opens his mouth he puts his foot in it. "I voted for it before i voted against it". Add to that that he cant relate to the common man. doesnt know how to eat a cheese steak. walks past people who waited 8-9 hours to see President Reagan just for a photo op (im sure all the mourners were just thrilled about that). and that he has no charisma whatsoever.

I think we will see a landslide. I can easily see California, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Missouri, New Jersey, and New York going to Bush. This will not be as close as some think.

Is it so hard to believe that a bill that on the surface looks like it would benifit our troops, would also serve other things that dont have to do with national security? That 87 billion was loaded with baggage.

It passed, do you see our troops with body armor?? I see mothers having bake sales to get armor for their sons.

Is it so hard to believe that a bill that on the surface looks like it would benifit our troops, would also serve other things that dont have to do with national security? That 87 billion was loaded with baggage.

It passed, do you see our troops with body armor?? I see mothers having bake sales to get armor for their sons.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040607/ap_on_re_us/iraq_body_armor_1

U.S. National - AP

Gen.: Troops in Iraq Now Have Body Armor

Mon Jun 7, 3:56 PM ET Add U.S. National - AP to My Yahoo!

By BILL BASKERVILL, Associated Press Writer

COLONIAL HEIGHTS, Va. - The Army's top supply commander said Monday that all American troops in Iraq (news - web sites) are now equipped with bullet-resistant vests, after a shortage that led many soldiers to pay for costly body armor themselves.

As late as March, some soldiers headed for Iraq were still buying their own body armor, despite assurances from the military that the equipment would be available before they were in harm's way.

Gen. Paul Kern, commander of the Army Material Command, said the shortage eased after manufacturers stepped up production of the lifesaving vests.

Kern spoke at a news conference where Honeywell Specialty Materials announced it would increase production of Spectra fiber, a key component of the vests. He said the vests had saved dozens of soldiers who were shot at close range.

I think it will be very close, much like the 2000 election.

I'm not particularly fond of voting by machine. San Diego had a big fiasco with them during the governor election and they have outlawed them until further notice, so I don't have much confidence in them.

I think Bush will win, but people have to realize a number of groups will be voting for Kerry, much more probably than they did in 2000, whether they voted for Gore, Bush or not at all.

Arab-Americans and Muslims- The actions of the Bush admin after 9/11 in detaining many muslims and Arabs, most of whom were innocent, for often long periods and in humuliating circumstances at times, the backing of Israel, continued worries about the future state of civil rights for Muslims and Arabs during emergencies and after terrorist attacks, all of these contribute to a bloc of voters that swung for Bush in 2000 but will likely swing for Kerry in 2004. Even worse news for Bush is that while he won 48-44 percent over Gore in key battleground states where Arabs are concentrated, like Michigan, Ohio, Pennslyvania and Florida, he may lose by 75-25, or even higher, in these same states in 2004. This is guesswork, but forces on the ground indicate a widespread anger with Bush over Israel especially, and also over the Iraq war and domestic issues. (Personal note, but at Univ. Of Miami in 2000 the three major Arab student groups were for Bush, they're now for Kerry.)

Gays- The number of gay voters is estimated by Zogby to be about 5 percent of the voting electorate. About 25 percent of the gay voters in 2000 (the ones who would come out of the closet to exit pollers) voted for Bush. There is widespread doubts that Bush can pull even 10 percent of gay votes this time around.

Hispanics- There are many Cubans in Miami who normally vote Republican but are looking to send a message to Bush about what they percieve is weakness on Cuba, Latin America and the state of Latinos in America. One battleground state affected. In the SW battleground states of New Mexico and Arizona, its even worse news for Bush. I promise this, if events in New Mexico and Arizona remain the way they are now, both are going to Kerry. Bush had better figure something out.

Blacks and Young People Of Liberal/Democratic (there is a difference, Nader proved this in 2000) beliefs. These people will have much higher turnout in 2004 than in 2000. Forget Nader, he may be considered a spoiler by the media by now, but he will be anthema among most Americans who will consider voting for Kerry by the end of the fall.

Swing Voters- Majority Female, don't go to church often, care about the environment, etc etc. They are turned off by Bush's stances on gay marriage, abortion, and several other "play to the base" views and actions. They do like Bush because of his steadfastness and his conviction under fire. What happens with these folks between now and November may well decide the election singlehandledly. The key question is who will they like more for their future, Bush or Kerry? And will Bush's pandering to the extreme right cost him if Kerry (a liberal) panders to the center?

Jews- While there is a subtantial increase in the number of Jews that say they will vote for Bush in 2004 (from 9% in 2000 to 16% in 2004), Bush may need more than that to pull off wins in states like Ohio, Pennsylvania and Florida. Whether or not he does is another big if for November.

Military Votes- The military has always been solidly Republican, with the exception of Kennedy. However, there is a widespread concern among Bush operatives that they could lose ground with military votes, an area they cannot afford to lose if they hope to win the election. (personal sidenote, on my aircraft carrier there is a substantial push for Kerry, with many sailors disillusioned with Bush's leadership in Iraq, having seen the results of some disasterous decisions in the past year, we had a screening of "Van Helsing" while we were in a foreign port nearly two months ago, and the over 1,000 sailors burst into cheers when an MTV VOTE AD at the beginning featured John Kerry's line "I know a little something about aircraft carriers")

Bush still has his october suprise to whip out. And he can always cancel the election in the name of national security. Its already in their views, the liberals will lose the war and we will be invaded by hoards of militants, ya right. [/B]

Must have gotten that straight from the Democratic Underground... :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Avatar4321
I did. im still confident. The Iraq transfer of power is going to be happening soon. Bush has just accomplished something unprecidented in freeing a nation and helping them set up self governing system in less then two years. if it was just Iraq, it would be amazing but we have to remember we did the same with Aghanistan as well.

Add to that the fact that the economy is roaring back. That Kerry contradicts himself every time he opens his mouth. Bush pretty much already has a clear victory. atleast if nothing changes.

But We also have to remember that the Republican covenention is after The Democrats. The Democrat covention has to compete with Bill Clintons book, which will suck the air out of Kerry's camp, and then they have to deal with the Olympics flooding them out of the news and killing whatever momentum they have after recovering from the Clinton book. Kerry isnt in great shape. Those are just some of the problems he is facing.

Its a close race, but mostly in states that should be a lock fo Kerry. and Despite the LA times poll that seems to put Kerry 7 points ahead of Bush, while somehow having Bush ahead in double digists in missouri and ahead by a few in ohio and wisconson not to mention the close races in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and California, Kerry is essentially a dead duck.

And this isnt even factoring in the debates. we have to remember that everytime kerry opens his mouth he puts his foot in it. "I voted for it before i voted against it". Add to that that he cant relate to the common man. doesnt know how to eat a cheese steak. walks past people who waited 8-9 hours to see President Reagan just for a photo op (im sure all the mourners were just thrilled about that). and that he has no charisma whatsoever.

I think we will see a landslide. I can easily see California, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Missouri, New Jersey, and New York going to Bush. This will not be as close as some think.

Yes, all very true, I'm still worried though.

C'mon GOP, it's improving. The GOP hasn't even began it's campaign in any serious sense.

Too early for poll watching, but heh heh, some of us do. 3rd day in a row that Rasmussen has Bush ahead. Approval numbers are going up.

Buck up!:cool:

Forum List

Back