How Can Anyone Defend This...

Not at all. Read the OP title. Are you defending the murders as legitimate acts by the military wing of Fatah?

If not, what are you doing?

*****This is NOT a defense of the killings*******

But how far would you go to defend your boarders against what you percieve as an invasion? I would stop short of stabbing children and kill the fucking turd that killed a baby. We have illegals running across the boarder here in the US daily, look at the legislation we try to pass against the illegals and anyone who helps them i.e. business owners and landlords. We want to deny them everything from eduacation to medical care, no matter age or sex. They are dying in our deserts and in supposed safe houses here in the US. To listen to the people who live on the border talk they might be capable of the same things. I think I might be able to understand the killings, but not defend them.

this is by no means even close to the same thing.

Not at all. Read the OP title. Are you defending the murders as legitimate acts by the military wing of Fatah?

If not, what are you doing?

Not at all, these senseless killings make me sick.
I'm simply pointing out the obvious in an objective manner. It seems that some people get all riled up by the killings of the Israelis but not the Palestinians and thus the thread. Anytime innocents are killed, no matter what their ethnicity is, it's a tragedy.

Then this would have been enough. The murders just happened so expect some anger. You coming in after the murders just happened with your attachment of understanding lends to a legitimacy of the murders.

I'm just clarifying that this is not what you meant to do. If you want to discuss both sides of the settlement issue (and not the outright murders of this family) then you may wish to create a post about that.

I'm sure many will enter the thread. I know I will.

This thread was not the place for that, and most certainly in my view, not the time.

'Itamar killings carried out by foreign worker'
The Bethlehem-based news agency Ma’an, which is close to the PA leadership, ran a lead news story that claimed that a Thai worker had been arrested by the IDF on suspicion of killing the five members of the Fogel family on Friday night.

The agency did not say how it obtained the information. However, it said that shortly after the killings, Israeli security forces arrested all the Thai workers who were inside the settlement.

Ma’an pointed out that no Palestinian group had claimed responsibility for the attack and that Palestinians were banned from entering settlements.

Another Palestinian news agency, Qudsnet, claimed that an Asian man who used to work for the Fogel family was behind the killings.

Quoting a Palestinian family living in the nearby village of Awarta, the agency said that the family members were slaughtered because the father refused to pay the Asian worker his salary, which is estimated at 10,000 Shekels.
'Itamar killings carried out by foreign worker'

The agency did not say how it obtained the information.

Yeah.

Quoting a Palestinian family living in the nearby village of Awarta, the agency said that the family members were slaughtered because the father refused to pay the Asian worker his salary, which is estimated at 10,000 Shekels.

Quoting who?

A number of news Web sites that are affiliated with the Palestinian Authority claimed on Monday that the Itamar killings were committed by a foreign worker ...

'Itamar killings carried out by foreign worker' | The Real Timer | Breaking World News in Real-Time

Now why would a worker inside the border need to go over the fence? The boot tracks proof belies this attempt as well.

Then this would have been enough. The murders just happened so expect some anger. You coming in after the murders just happened with your attachment of understanding lends to a legitimacy of the murders.

I'm just clarifying that this is not what you meant to do. If you want to discuss both sides of the settlement issue (and not the outright murders of this family) then you may wish to create a post about that.

I'm sure many will enter the thread. I know I will.

This thread was not the place for that, and most certainly in my view, not the time.

Based on "What is a Ropey?" etc; I can see why you reacted the way to did and that is your right. I respect that.
However, I feel my posts are warranted as objectivity should be accepted in the face of a one-sided thread like this.
Why? Because both sides are guilty of indiscriminate killings of innocents and both should be condemned. But this thread doesn't address that fact at all.
Are discussion forums like this supposed to be just one-sided? No!
However, am I taking just one side? No!
I'm pointing out facts and doing so objectively, am I supposed to cease and desist objectivity and just roll over to obvious one sided lynching sans substantiated facts?
I am truly sickened by the ongoing senseless killings and have every right to express that outrage.

I'm pointing out facts and doing so objectively, am I supposed to cease and desist objectivity and just roll over to obvious one sided lynching sans substantiated facts?

Do whatever you like kiwiman. I've said what I think about what you think. That's enough for me. You have your own morals and ethics to look after.

Do whatever you like kiwiman. I've said what I think about what you think. That's enough for me. You have your own morals and ethics to look after.

I have always been under the impression that being objective is good. It's ethical and fair thinking. In other words, I'm comfortable with my morals and ethics.

Where as jumping to conclusions is what?

This is a discussion thread. There are no actions I am creating on unsubstantiated information. I am saying what I have read and what I think.

There is no defense for these murders. Regardless. Those who attempt to attach a legitimacy for these murders for any reason lose out to my view.

Be it the Israel-Palestinian issue or foreign worker that completed this killing.

The OP was: "How Can Anyone Defend This... "

Why you came into this thread after reading that title is your own moral and ethical choice as is every post you have made in here.

Not mine.

This is a discussion thread. There are no actions I am creating on unsubstantiated information. I am saying what I have read and what I think.

There is no defense for these murders. Regardless. Those who attempt to attach a legitimacy for these murders for any reason lose out to my view.

Be it the Israel-Palestinian issue or foreign worker that completed this killing.

Why you came into this thread after reading that title is your own moral and ethical choice as is every post you have made in here.

Not mine.

I am not defending the murders. I am merely putting them into context. Israel kills ten times more children than the Palestinians.

You should have ten times the condemnation for Israel.

Not mine.

I am not defending the murders. I am merely putting them into context. Israel kills ten times more children than the Palestinians.

You try and turn these murders into a condemnation for Israel?

Troll...

Not mine.

You try and turn these murders into a condemnation for Israel?

Troll...

Why do you slime the Palestinians when Israel is ten times as bad?

Are you trying to sell something?

You try and turn these murders of a Jewish family into a condemnation for Israel?

Indeed you are a Troll...

Not mine.

Automobiles kill thousands more people than either the Palestinians or Israelis do.

So we should focus on Automobiles and shrug off a viscious murder of a mother and three children as less inconsequential than that?

Putting things into context, can't you see that these are unrelated things even if automobiles are sometimes used to commit mayhem or murders?

This is what several of us are trying to point out. The hatred for Israel is so pervasive among one group of society that they can't see anything as evil other than Israel.

Those hating Israel here can't seem to bring themselves to condemn those who committed a horrible murder but seem to be justifying it because Israel is so evil? And frankly, that's really incomprehensible if you want to be objective about this.

Last edited:

Not mine.

Automobiles kill thousands more people than either the Palestinians or Israelis do.

So we should focus on Automobiles and shrug off a viscious murder of a mother and three children as less inconsequential than that?

Putting things into context, can't you see that these are unrelated things even if automobiles are sometimes used to commit mayhem or murders?

This is what several of us are trying to point out. The hatred for Israel is so pervasive among one group of society that they can't see anything as evil other than Israel.

Those hating Israel here can't seem to bring themselves to condemn those who committed a horrible murder but seem to be justifying it because Israel is so evil? And frankly, that's really incomprehensible if you want to be objective about this.

Children's deaths
TOTALS SINCE SEPT 2000:
Israelis: 124
Palestinians: 1457

Remember These Children

I should condemn the Palestinians and not Israel? Why?

Children's deaths
TOTALS SINCE SEPT 2000:
Israelis: 124
Palestinians: 1457

Remember These Children

I should condemn the Palestinians and not Israel? Why?

Because Israel has not been engaged in the wholesale slaughter and murder of innocent men, women, and children. Israel has not been lobbing rockets into residential neighborhood in an effort to hurt, kill, maim terrorize innocent people just because they aren't Israeli. Israel has not been kidnapping, torturing, and beheading Palestinians. Israel has not been sending suicide bombers to blow up busses full of school children and into crowded markets. Yes Israel retaliates when attacked as ANYBODY would.

Evenso, you have NOT been condemning the Palestinians who committed that horrible murder or the Palestinians at all. You are focused on condemning Israel. And that is what destroys your argument.

I think everyone here condemns this murder, even the Palestinians have condemned it
No Palestinian faction has claimed to have carried out the attack. Palestinian leaders in Ramallah have condemned the killing of children, and the Fatah-affiliated Al-Aqsa Brigades released a statement Tuesday afternoon saying they "oppose the targeting of civilians and killing of children no matter what the pretext may be."
Maan News Agency: Itamar settlers erect new illegal outpost

Forum List

Back