How big are we gonna let this snowball get as it rolls down the hill?

Have them take a lie detector test if you are considering jail time. If someone lies that's the worst thing to ever be accused of and they should go to jail. But equally if true and someone smears the victim they too should go to jail on the rape / molestation plus whatever this new charge would be.

Get Steve Wilkos to do it. If not we can' discuss feelings because that's "my guy".
I'm never heard of a true "lie detector." Just machines that read vitals and a guy who takes a guess as to what those vitals mean.

Then test it out (like they do anyway) and run tests. If not or if anyone objects when another party agrees that' an easy open and shut.

Not really, because any smart person, innocent or not, knows not to take a lie detector test. They are totally bogus.

Yeah, force the victim to sue the accuser.

Really, all these accusations, what % would you say are false .

Lots of them aren’t even crimes, Just douchey behavior .
What difference does that make? If one is false, the accuser should be prosecuted by the state. Why should the victim have to spend their life savings on attorney's fees to get justice?

Well if they file a fake police report that’s a crime .

Do you really think all these people are getting hosed by these revelations? Cause I really don’t the accused running to the cameras to defend themselves.
If even ONE person's life or career is destroyed by false allegations, that's too many. What the hell is wrong with you anyway?

What’s your point ? If someone lies they should be punished . I agree .

You seem to imply that we should consider all these accusers are making shit up.
My point is that if someone falsely accuses someone, the accused should not have to bear the financial burden of bringing the false accuser to justice. The court should bring charges against them. Are you too dumb to grasp that? It seems so.

What difference does that make? If one is false, the accuser should be prosecuted by the state. Why should the victim have to spend their life savings on attorney's fees to get justice?

Do you really think all these people are getting hosed by these revelations? Cause I really don’t the accused running to the cameras to defend themselves.
If even ONE person's life or career is destroyed by false allegations, that's too many. What the hell is wrong with you anyway?

You seem to imply that we should consider all these accusers are making shit up.
My point is that if someone falsely accuses someone, the accused should not have to bear the financial burden of bringing the false accuser to justice. The court should bring charges against them. Are you too dumb to grasp that? It seems so.

Uh... they do! this has been pointed out...

Guys the end justifies the means. The Alabama election is one month away. The republican majority in the senate is a fragile 2 votes. You can sue em for slander, yeah right. Go ahead who cares. The ballots cannot be changed. This is hard ball politics that republicans cannot stand up to. It doesn’t matter if the charges are true or not, the democrats have accomplished exactly what they wanted to do. There’s beginning to be a sense that there is nowhere for a patriotic American to turn to in the American political spectrum.

Yeah, force the victim to sue the accuser.

So you blame the accuser, the victim, and not the people shunning and firing the accused. That seems dumb.
No, dumbass. If someone falsely accuses someone of a crime, THEY should be held accountable, and the financial burden of holding them accountable should not be on the one who was falsely accused.

Have them take a lie detector test if you are considering jail time. If someone lies that's the worst thing to ever be accused of and they should go to jail. But equally if true and someone smears the victim they too should go to jail on the rape / molestation plus whatever this new charge would be.

Get Steve Wilkos to do it. If not we can' discuss feelings because that's "my guy".
I'm never heard of a true "lie detector." Just machines that read vitals and a guy who takes a guess as to what those vitals mean.

Then test it out (like they do anyway) and run tests. If not or if anyone objects when another party agrees that' an easy open and shut.

Not really, because any smart person, innocent or not, knows not to take a lie detector test. They are totally bogus.

Regardless, when someone declines that automatically shows who's guilty with human behavior. That is the only way to find out allegations and if someone wants to accuse OR clear their name that' the fastest way possible.

Or you can just allow the most powerful with the biggest Microphone to drown out the small like Weinstein did.

Who's FOR that tho?

Yeah, by me.

When you think about it, this was Alabama 40 years ago. These girls were all past marrying age.

Guys the end justifies the means. The Alabama election is one month away. The republican majority in the senate is a fragile 2 votes. You can sue em for slander, yeah right. Go ahead who cares. The ballots cannot be changed. This is hard ball politics that republicans cannot stand up to. It doesn’t matter if the charges are true or not, the democrats have accomplished exactly what they wanted to do. There’s beginning to be a sense that there is nowhere for a patriotic American to turn to in the American political spectrum.

It dies matter 100% if the charges are true.

Yeah, by me.

You are saying we should do something that we already do?

Yeah, by me.

Go back and read the thread again. You obviously missed a bunch of posts.

Yeah, by me.

okay.... but I still thik it's fair to point out that the laws you are suggesting already exist. Of course, one would have to prove the accusations false.

Yeah, by me.

okay.... but I still thik it's fair to point out that the laws you are suggesting already exist. Of course, one would have to prove the accusations false.
The verdict does that. And the victim should not be shouldered with the financial burden of bringing charges against the one who falsely accused them. Timmy doesn't see it that way.

Sexual harassment charges are running wild & seemingly out of control.
Either all these people are sexual predators or we have some liars in the mix.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Congress needs to address this if possible. There needs to be some kind of built in protections for the innocent who are wrongly accused. A statute of limitations on allegations that lead to criminal or civil charges perhaps?

I mean what's to stop me from looking up old college classmates who've become wealthy and throwing out bullshit accusations in the hopes of a payday?
I' pretty sure that the pursuit of happiness does not include the right to be wrongfully accused of a crime.

We are crossing into territory from which their is likely no return. Do we just sit by and watch this happen or say enough, if you were raped/assaulted FUCKING REPORT IT WHEN IT HAPPENED not 10 15 20 or even 30 years later...

Are we so desperate to destroy our political adversaries that we consider ruining their lives and the lives of their families as a fair trade in our efforts to defeat them?

This shit has to stop, it's eating our nation from within.

Report it immediately.
Provide evidence.
Provide witnesses.
He said, she said is simply not gonna cut it anymore in my book.

And to be clear this thread is not a result of any particular person or accusation. It's just my observation of what looks like a semi rolling down the highway without a driver.

Hey its all true except for Bill Clinton. THAT was a vast RW conspiracy.:badgrin:

Remember the Duke lacrosse team? That woman who everyone sided with lied and is now in prison for murder.
Had she been thrown in prison for lying to begin with her ex boyfriend would be alive.

Like innocent until proven guilty?
That doesn't protect their job or their families or their stature in the public. All of that is destroyed immediately when these types of things are brought up regardless of their validity.
Slander is illegal. So is filing a false police report.

What protections do you suggest? If someone makes an accusation, either she's right or she's lying. Either one can be actionable, but how does the government know who is right?

Filing a false police report is a misdemeanor. How is that punishment for the character assassination they produce against the accused?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Congress needs to address this if possible. There needs to be some kind of built in protections for the innocent who are wrongly accused. A statute of limitations on allegations that lead to criminal or civil charges perhaps?

I mean what's to stop me from looking up old college classmates who've become wealthy and throwing out bullshit accusations in the hopes of a payday?
I' pretty sure that the pursuit of happiness does not include the right to be wrongfully accused of a crime.

We are crossing into territory from which their is likely no return. Do we just sit by and watch this happen or say enough, if you were raped/assaulted FUCKING REPORT IT WHEN IT HAPPENED not 10 15 20 or even 30 years later...

Are we so desperate to destroy our political adversaries that we consider ruining their lives and the lives of their families as a fair trade in our efforts to defeat them?

Report it immediately.
Provide evidence.
Provide witnesses.

And to be clear this thread is not a result of any particular person or accusation. It's just my observation of what looks like a semi rolling down the highway without a driver.

Whipping up sexual assault victims seems to be the attack de jour for regressives. One gal is in her 50s and claimed it happened at age 14, funny how this didn't surface, considering how controversial Moore has been over the years, until he got the nomination for senate. I'm smelling a regressive rat somewhere.

Like innocent until proven guilty?
That doesn't protect their job or their families or their stature in the public. All of that is destroyed immediately when these types of things are brought up regardless of their validity.
Slander is illegal. So is filing a false police report.

What protections do you suggest? If someone makes an accusation, either she's right or she's lying. Either one can be actionable, but how does the government know who is right?

Filing a false police report is a misdemeanor. How is that punishment for the character assassination they produce against the accused?

Slander is literally the first word there. That's pretty significant right?

Yeah, by me.

The verdict does that. And the victim should not be shouldered with the financial burden of bringing charges against the one who falsely accused them. Timmy doesn't see it that way.

The verdict does not do that, You should stop talking about our legal system immediately, and not start talking about it again until you have done a lot of reading about it.

Seriously, I mean that. What you just stated as true (but thankfully which is utterly false) would be a sick perversion of our legal system.

Report it immediately.
Provide evidence.
Provide witnesses.

Some fair points, and I can't help but share your concerns, but there's a glaring hole in your idea. Mainly, how does a woman prove such a thing? The fact that it is very hard to do so is a big part of why you don't always hear about these things in the first place. Also, people are ashamed by this, even though they are the victims. That, and the fact that every time someone does come out and say it, someone is right there to call him/her a liar and shame him/her.

frankly, I think we're probably only hearing about a tiny, tiny fraction of the things that have happened to people all over the country. As in, we ain't seen nothin' yet.
You prove it with a rape kit.

You couldn't be more wrong, as not all sexual assault or harassment is rape. So tell us how little Johnny is going to use a rape kit to prove Spacey touched his peepee?
See something, say something. Tell your family. Tell your friends. Tell the authorities at the time. The emphasis has to be on punishing this behavior as well as protecting the innocent.

True story. Our tax collector of 25 years got caught at age 50 got caught messing with a 17 year old boy IN OUR COUNTY. He was married with two children. A big deal in the community as well as a person who had it made. Before it even came to trial, he committed suicide. The point is, sometimes just exposure to the sunlight causes justice to happen.

Forum List

Back