How big are we gonna let this snowball get as it rolls down the hill?

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Sexual harassment charges are running wild & seemingly out of control.
Either all these people are sexual predators or we have some liars in the mix.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Congress needs to address this if possible. There needs to be some kind of built in protections for the innocent who are wrongly accused. A statute of limitations on allegations that lead to criminal or civil charges perhaps?

I mean what's to stop me from looking up old college classmates who've become wealthy and throwing out bullshit accusations in the hopes of a payday?
I' pretty sure that the pursuit of happiness does not include the right to be wrongfully accused of a crime.

We are crossing into territory from which their is likely no return. Do we just sit by and watch this happen or say enough, if you were raped/assaulted FUCKING REPORT IT WHEN IT HAPPENED not 10 15 20 or even 30 years later...

Are we so desperate to destroy our political adversaries that we consider ruining their lives and the lives of their families as a fair trade in our efforts to defeat them?

This shit has to stop, it's eating our nation from within.

Report it immediately.
Provide evidence.
Provide witnesses.
He said, she said is simply not gonna cut it anymore in my book.

And to be clear this thread is not a result of any particular person or accusation. It's just my observation of what looks like a semi rolling down the highway without a driver.

Flood the news with sexual allegations until no one cares any more ... abracadabra! Sexual assault is acceptable.

Like innocent until proven guilty?
That doesn't protect their job or their families or their stature in the public. All of that is destroyed immediately when these types of things are brought up regardless of their validity.
So like culturally?
Legal wise I'm not too informed on how these go about being solved but I guess some options are using more law enforcement resources in the investigative process and accept the cons that come with that.

• Banned
That doesn't protect their job or their families or their stature in the public. All of that is destroyed immediately when these types of things are brought up regardless of their validity.
So like culturally?
Legal wise I'm not too informed on how these go about being solved but I guess some options are using more law enforcement resources in the investigative process and accept the cons that come with that.
So you'e ok with someone suddenly claiming rape THIRTY YEARS LATER???

I'm suggesting that claims like that be dismissed immediately.

the problem outside corrupt politics is that no one believes in law and rules anymore . Its amazing that a 5 , 10 year old , 30 year old accusation of unwanted and unreported sexual touching , sexual harassment would be taken seriously .

If you didn't report it in a timely fashion you lose. Careers are being destroyed. This is not how America is suppose to work. I blame the media and greedy people. Now it's being used as a political weapon. That has to be shunned immediately. It is very dangerous for America for unproven accusations to change the outcome of an election.
The people get it but the swamp thinks it will still work...they will never learn.

I'd like to see a law that if you accuse and your accusations are proven false you go to the slammer.

Britain does it.

UK rape hoaxer gets 10 years in prison

1503582831361.jpg

A British woman dubbed an "attention-seeking" liar for falsely accusing 15 men of rape and sexual assault during four separate encounters was sentenced Thursday to 10 years in prison.

Jemma Beale, 25, was found guilty at London's Southwark Crown Court in July on four counts of perjury and four counts of perverting the course of justice, The Sun reported. Judge Nicholas Loraine-Smith called Beale a "convincing liar" who liked being pitied as the victim.

"This trial has revealed, what was then not obvious, that you are a very, very convincing liar and you enjoy being seen as a victim," Loraine-Smith said in court. "The prosecution described your life as a 'construct of bogus victimhood.'"

More at link:

So like culturally?
So you'e ok with someone suddenly claiming rape THIRTY YEARS LATER???

I'm suggesting that claims like that be dismissed immediately.
No, I wasn't making a case just pitching in Ideas.

I'd like to see a law that if you accuse and your accusations are proven false you go to the slammer.

Britain does it.

1503582831361.jpg

A British woman dubbed an "attention-seeking" liar for falsely accusing 15 men of rape and sexual assault during four separate encounters was sentenced Thursday to 10 years in prison.

Jemma Beale, 25, was found guilty at London's Southwark Crown Court in July on four counts of perjury and four counts of perverting the course of justice, The Sun reported. Judge Nicholas Loraine-Smith called Beale a "convincing liar" who liked being pitied as the victim.

"This trial has revealed, what was then not obvious, that you are a very, very convincing liar and you enjoy being seen as a victim," Loraine-Smith said in court. "The prosecution described your life as a 'construct of bogus victimhood.'"

More at link:

Anybody can tell by looking at her she's lying. :lol:

Stature in the public? What would you have happen, someone be arrested for saying they were harassed in the past, whether it is true or not? A law against discussing sexual harassment in the media? I'm not sure where you're going with this.

Britain does it.

1503582831361.jpg

More at link:

There are perjury laws here as well.

The woman in the link was investigated for making false claims, it isn't as though she was at a trial accusing someone of rape, that person was found not guilty, and she was sentenced instead. :dunno:

If a woman accuses a man of rape and it turns out to be fraudulent, the woman should be raped by 72 virgins.
- Mohammed Muslim Jesus

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Congress needs to address this if possible. There needs to be some kind of built in protections for the innocent who are wrongly accused. A statute of limitations on allegations that lead to criminal or civil charges perhaps?

I mean what's to stop me from looking up old college classmates who've become wealthy and throwing out bullshit accusations in the hopes of a payday?
I' pretty sure that the pursuit of happiness does not include the right to be wrongfully accused of a crime.

We are crossing into territory from which their is likely no return. Do we just sit by and watch this happen or say enough, if you were raped/assaulted FUCKING REPORT IT WHEN IT HAPPENED not 10 15 20 or even 30 years later...

Are we so desperate to destroy our political adversaries that we consider ruining their lives and the lives of their families as a fair trade in our efforts to defeat them?

Report it immediately.
Provide evidence.
Provide witnesses.

And to be clear this thread is not a result of any particular person or accusation. It's just my observation of what looks like a semi rolling down the highway without a driver.

From a small bit of searching, it appears there are already statutes of limitation for sexual harassment cases, with a year being the upper limit. Statute of Limitations: Sexual Harassment Claims

Here's a list of statutes of limitation (or lack thereof) for sexual assault by state: Rape and Sexual Assault Limitations By State -

There certainly are a lot of very public accusations being put out recently.

People need to be punished for false accusations for sure. The issue is that it is just as difficult to prove a false allegation as a real criminal abuse, in fact probably more difficult. Furthermore, we have become a dangerous society in which anything reported through a news network is assumed to be factual, even before a trial. Obviously the first thing that pops in my head is, "who would make up such an allegation?" So you lean towards one conclusion, unfairly really.

In todays day and age with so much politically driven news, ulterior motives, people playing the victim card for a very broad and sometimes ridiculous reasons, there is a danger some will attempt to profit off of this attitude. Whether enemies of politicians rewarding accusers, or individuals suing for a settlement, the very word of someone has excessive and irrational consequences on the lives of those accused. obviously, if it is true, he should not be elected to any office, but, until evidence is provided and a man has his day in court, how can anyone simply accept the word of someone 30 years after the fact?

Report it immediately.
Provide evidence.
Provide witnesses.

Some fair points, and I can't help but share your concerns, but there's a glaring hole in your idea. Mainly, how does a woman prove such a thing? The fact that it is very hard to do so is a big part of why you don't always hear about these things in the first place. Also, people are ashamed by this, even though they are the victims. That, and the fact that every time someone does come out and say it, someone is right there to call him/her a liar and shame him/her.

frankly, I think we're probably only hearing about a tiny, tiny fraction of the things that have happened to people all over the country. As in, we ain't seen nothin' yet.

Forum List

Back