How an NRA mole infiltrated and pw0ned the Brady Campaign

It's always more effective to knock down a movement from within.

Way to go!

Hmmm...only a million killed by guns since 1960. I say that's an awesome figure, and a lot fewer would have died if gun restrictions were reduced. Does that include war deaths? Somehow, I suspect it does.

Let's see the stats.

Was there an actual total number in there somewhere?

Notice how the increase in firearm related deaths increases with increased gun control and restriction.

Funny, that.

Was there an actual total number in there somewhere?

Notice how the increase in firearm related deaths increases with increased gun control and restriction.

Funny, that.

That is not true. The Japanese only have a few hundred gun deaths per year. We have tens of thousands.

Do you really need a total? I think you can do the math.

Fatal Firearm Injuries in the United States, 1962-1994
Violence Surveillance Summary Series, No. 3

Executive Summary
Death due to injuries from firearms is an increasingly important public health problem. As a group, injuries from firearms were the ninth leading cause of death overall in 1994 and the fourth leading cause of years of potential life lost before age 65 (NCIPC, unpublished data). During the 33-year period covered by this report, the total number of firearm deaths increased by 130%, from 16,720 in 1962 to 38,505 in 1994. If present trends continue, firearm-related injuries could become the leading cause of deaths attributed to injury by the year 2003, surpassing injuries due to motor vehicle crashes.

We're in the US, we're discussing the US, nitwit. Not Japan. You've bounced into a whole different area of reflection.

Explain to me why we need more gun control in the US when our gun death rate has increased with increased with increased gun control in the US?

Fatal Firearm Injuries in the United States, 1962-1994
Violence Surveillance Summary Series, No. 3

Executive Summary
Death due to injuries from firearms is an increasingly important public health problem. As a group, injuries from firearms were the ninth leading cause of death overall in 1994 and the fourth leading cause of years of potential life lost before age 65 (NCIPC, unpublished data). During the 33-year period covered by this report, the total number of firearm deaths increased by 130%, from 16,720 in 1962 to 38,505 in 1994. If present trends continue, firearm-related injuries could become the leading cause of deaths attributed to injury by the year 2003, surpassing injuries due to motor vehicle crashes.

Er..where's the 1 million number since 1960 we were talking about?

Oh, that's right. It's not there. Because it came from an ass-file.

It raises the question, "what did she find out and what did they want her to find out."

What bullshit....a mole???

a better question would be 'what does the Brady Bunch have to hide and why are they concerned about a "mole"...

Oh please, you're kidding right?

One doesn't have to be doing anything untoward in an organization to want to keep your plans on the QT until you do them.

FWIW, every socially progressive organization I've ever been involved with had, (I suspect) some clever mole in it.

We got so used to expecting that kind of thing that we ended up using them (when we found them) to spread disinformation.

What is especially disheartening, is when you discover that the leadership of an organziation is rife with people actually working against you.

Much of what I think is that over the top nonsense that some of you SO CORRECTLY see as liberal nonsense is because of that.

Can I prove it?

No. All I can say is that I can see the outcomes of their idiotic policies, and know who is responsible for this goofy nonsense in many cases.

Do I believe my instincts to be on the money?

With all my heart and soul.

Er..where's the 1 million number since 1960 we were talking about?

Oh, that's right. It's not there. Because it came from an ass-file.

Sorry you have such poor math skills.

"During the 33-year period covered by this report, the total number of firearm deaths increased by 130%, from 16,720 in 1962 to 38,505 in 1994. If present trends continue, firearm-related injuries could become the leading cause of deaths attributed to injury by the year 2003, surpassing injuries due to motor vehicle crashes."

16,720 + 38,505 = 55,225 divided by 2 = 27,612, the average over the 33 year period, times 47 years between 1962 and 2008 = 1,297,764.

I could go back and add each year, but you get the idea.

Last edited:
In other words, it's an ass-number pulled out of his ass.

I'll make it simple for you Brainiac.

Here's a quote from the CDC website.

"since 1968, differences in the number of deaths have declined: from 1968 through 1991, motor-vehicle- related deaths decreased by 21% (from 54,862 to 43,536) while firearm-related deaths increased by 60% (from 23,875 to 38,317)."

From 1968 to 1991 firearm-related deaths went from 23,875 to 38,317. If you take the lower figure, 23,875, and mulitple it by 47 years you get 1,122,125. But the true figure of Americans killed by guns in the last 47 years is much higher than that.

Deaths Resulting from Firearm- and Motor-Vehicle-Related Injuries

Forum List

Back